Leaving UAE Before Cancellation Of Employment Visa

Topic locked
Leaving UAE before cancellation of Employment Visa Jan 06, 2006
Hello

I have been in Dubai for one month on an Employment Visa. My employer has not yet applied for my Resident Visa as I informed them that I did not intend to stay. I want to leave the UAE in the upcoming days, but my employer said I cannot leave until my visa is cancelled. They tried to cancel my visa on Wednesday but by the time they got to the government office, they were already closed because of Sheikh Maktoum's death.

I do not want to wait until the 14th to leave. Is there any other way I can get out of here sooner? Is my employer correct in saying that I cannot leave unless my employment visa is cancelled first - that the immigration will stop me at the airport? FYI I hold a British passport.

Thank you for your help.

zulu1
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jan 07, 2006
Well you could probably go, but they might put you down as running away and slap a ban on you. The visa section at the airport is still open, go and ask them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 10, 2006
why would u want to leave from the uae? what section are u in the uae? and yes if i was you i would go to the british passport area and ask them. or go see a lawyer. most of the time you can make an excuse up such as "family issues or something like that"
baba90
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 25, 2006
Just leave (if you haven't done so already)

You can ask immigration to cancel the visa at the airport

Or just let it lapse automatically after 6 months
desertmartha
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat