it's a great day, he may not change much,. but I hope he tries :notworthy:

pete t
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 06, 2008
probably as happy as the tree salesman himself
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 06, 2008
Well it looks like no-one read the twelve reasons then?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 09, 2008
those that voted for him are illiterate
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 09, 2008
How literate do you have to be to put 'X'?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 09, 2008
all american presidents are the same. they lie and lie and will start a war. if this guy is any good and brings peace to world i will be suprised that he wont be assasinated.
motion
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 09, 2008
Typical to blame other people for what's going on in the world, instead of looking in your own back yard.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 10, 2008
motion wrote:all american presidents are the same. they lie and lie and will start a war. if this guy is any good and brings peace to world i will be suprised that he wont be assasinated.

The war didn't start in America. America has NEVER started a war, but NATO has been asked to come in so that the idiots who did, won't try to take over the world.. .. but countries sure beg America to jump in and stop it. Those who are illiterate vote for the wrong person, they have no idea what they are voting for. voting doesn't mean just marking or punching a box.. it should mean being informed of what they represent. too bad that doesn't happen, they choose to vote based on what they hear on the media and the color of their skin.. funny though, those that voted for Obama think that the troops will come home, foreign policy will change and taxes will be lowed.. i think i'll have a better chance of winning the lottery, santa clause is real and the tooth fairy really does exist.
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 10, 2008
Melanie wrote:
motion wrote:all american presidents are the same. they lie and lie and will start a war. if this guy is any good and brings peace to world i will be suprised that he wont be assasinated.

The war didn't start in America. America has NEVER started a war, but NATO has been asked to come in so that the idiots who did, won't try to take over the world.. .. but countries sure beg America to jump in and stop it. Those who are illiterate vote for the wrong person, they have no idea what they are voting for. voting doesn't mean just marking or punching a box.. it should mean being informed of what they represent. too bad that doesn't happen, they choose to vote based on what they hear on the media and the color of their skin.. funny though, those that voted for Obama think that the troops will come home, foreign policy will change and taxes will be lowed.. i think i'll have a better chance of winning the lottery, santa clause is real and the tooth fairy really does exist.

:shock: :shock: :shock: You mean santa isn't real!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 10, 2008
^Don't worry the Easter Bunny is real!!!

I really wanted Ron Paul for prez. Funny how everyone was concerned about McCain dying but Ron Paul is the same age. Some people take better care of themselves and he's a vet too.

Nevertheless the world is happy about Obama so hopefully the positive response will help the economy and morale. If things can't really get done well at least the people psychologically think things will be better and maybe they will because we psychologically believe it.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 10, 2008
^p
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 10, 2008
^D
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 10, 2008
Melanie wrote:

sorry but i disagree. war in Afghanistan and Iraq was started by USA. no1 asked the americans to go to Afghanistan nor Iraq. And as we know americans regret now going to Iraq and Afghanistan.

USAs foreign policy is WAR. the amount they spend on funding their armies, imagine that fund going to some country in Africa where some children get a good meal.

If obama is any good i will be suprised he wont be assasinated by his own ppl.

Everyone is intitled to their opinions and this is my opinion.
motion
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 11, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Well it looks like no-one read the twelve reasons then?

Knight

sad the 12 reason are playing the game the USA loves,... FEAR!!!!

Complete the sky is falling BS

for some reason,.
some seem to think saying nothing,
voting for NO one,
saying it's all BS and the worlds issues are a waste of time to deal with....

do you think really the right thing to do ??? :roll:

WOW that's the way to deal with your problems ..
by doing nothing but point out Negatives about everything ???

And G, Bush Jr WAS a problem.. SOLVED with Obama ( or at least it got better )
pete t
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2008
Melanie wrote:
motion wrote:The war didn't start in America. America has NEVER started a war, but NATO has been asked to come in so that the idiots who did, won't try to take over the world.. .. but countries sure beg America to jump in and stop it.

ha ha ha!!! Tell me another joke.

The only one point I disagree with Obama is that he plans to withdraw troops from Iraq. I think the world should put pressure on the americans to stay back another 25 years so that they bleed and bleed and pay for the war they started in the first place. Till date I have seem no evidence of the weapons of mass destruction which GWB saw so clearly all over Iraq.
I say .... don't let the Americans get of of Iraq so soon.
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 13, 2008
DPS wrote:
Melanie wrote:
motion wrote:The war didn't start in America. America has NEVER started a war, but NATO has been asked to come in so that the idiots who did, won't try to take over the world.. .. but countries sure beg America to jump in and stop it.

ha ha ha!!! Tell me another joke.

The only one point I disagree with Obama is that he plans to withdraw troops from Iraq. I think the world should put pressure on the americans to stay back another 25 years so that they bleed and bleed and pay for the war they started in the first place. Till date I have seem no evidence of the weapons of mass destruction which GWB saw so clearly all over Iraq.
I say .... don't let the Americans get of of Iraq so soon.

OK now that is an interesting and different slant on the whole thing.

Like Germany was forced to pay for the damage caused during WW2 (can you get insurance for that?) maybe any country that starts aggressive action should be warned that they will have to pay for it afterwards?
You break it, you pay for it...

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 13, 2008
yeah..... this same set of Americans are using FEAR once again to camouflage their own intentions. Till date I have not heard of any evidence of WMDs.

The way the Americans had had them covered, i thought they'd have driven up in their tanks right up to the WMDs.
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 14, 2008
DPS wrote:yeah..... this same set of Americans are using FEAR once again to camouflage their own intentions. Till date I have not heard of any evidence of WMDs.

The way the Americans had had them covered, i thought they'd have driven up in their tanks right up to the WMDs.

For a military force that is able to identify and take out a single person in the middle of nowhere using a missile launched from a UAV, they singularly failed in finding any evidence of WMD's in Iraq. Could that be because there were none? Possibly.
They also spent so long fannying around before starting operations, it is perfectly possible that all evidence was removed.

Unfortunately the American mentality does not fully understand the Arab mentality and they seem hell bent on trying to make every country to be like a mini clone of their own. Its a policy doomed to failure and makes no consideration for local cultural differences.

Perhaps the new administration will start to listen to a different set of advisors than the ones based in Langley Virginia who claim to be experts on life in Baghdad?

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk