S For Salik & Sharjah

Topic locked
S for Salik & Sharjah Oct 26, 2008
Guys/Gals

Have couple of questions......a friend of mine has a 3bed apartment in Al Khan which he rented 3 years ago at 56k and apparently there is a rentcap in sharjah for 3 years......however now in the fourth year the rent has been increased to 85k.... even after several attempts to negotiate the landlord is not interested and he send him a notice thru Sharjah Muncipality to resolve this issue. Last week we were at Sharjah Muncipality, waited for 3 hours to get our turn and the "panel" defered the case to a "Qazi" for next month and he told my friend that he had 15 days window after the expiration of the contract to dispute.... Does anyone know or has gone through this before? What the best resolution?

SALIK

Guess wat I have Salik fine worth AED 8500 due to there own internal issues and they dont care and inspite of filing various dispute form.

uasid99
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 26, 2008
Of course the landlord wants the fair market rent for his property after 3 years of cap. 85k for 1 bdrm doesn't sound too bad.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 26, 2008
85k for a 3 bed apartment! Geez bargin mate, I wouldn't complain! In Dubai you'd be paying double!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum