Is This Visa Good For 30 Days Or A 60 Days?

Topic locked
Is this visa good for 30 days or a 60 days? Oct 05, 2008
I mean the visa given to visitors from Europe, America and the other 33 so- called privileged countries.

I know this problem was discussed to some degree in another post, where it was mentioned that even though the stamp says this visa is valid for 30 days, it is actually good for 60 days. One member said he went down to the DNRD and they told him the rule was changed on 15th Aug., making it 60 days instead of 30 days (and can be renewed from 30 more days - a total of maximum allowable stay of 90 days).

However, there was a statement published in Khaleej Times on 15th Sept. by a DRND official saying there has been no amendments to the latest rule (the visa is good for only 30 days and can be renewed for 30 more days - a total max. allowable stay of 60 days).

Well, knowing these conflicting and constantly changing visa rules, it would be very helpful to know for sure whether this visa is valid for 60 days or 30 days.

If anyone knows someone who stayed more than 30 days on such a visa and then left the country (but within 60 days), whether or not that someone was or was not penalized for overstaying their visa. What they say and what actually happens may be two different things.

We, who bring friend and families to visit, are interested to know for sure about what really happens at the airport (actual experiences) so that we know how to plan such visits. My sincere thanks to anyone who can provide us with 100% accurate information!

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 05, 2008
i just returned 2 nights ago and got a 60 day visa, i'm from one of the protected countries.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 05, 2008
hey tom,

had the same issue and called my embassy in abu dhabi for accurate info. relying on website blogs regarding visa issues gave me a bad experience in china already!

better safe then sorry
samsi
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 05, 2008
Thanks Nuzbim for sharing this info. Was your entry visa clearly stamped for 60 days, because I heard all visas given in Aug. and Sept. were stamped for 30 days? Did you come thru Dubai or Sharjah?

- Samsi, not sure what you mean about a bad experience in China. Do you know of any bad experiences regading this specific visa in the UAE? Thanks!
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 06, 2008
Tom Jones wrote:Thanks Nuzbim for sharing this info. Was your entry visa clearly stamped for 60 days, because I heard all visas given in Aug. and Sept. were stamped for 30 days? Did you come thru Dubai or Sharjah?

- Samsi, not sure what you mean about a bad experience in China. Do you know of any bad experiences regading this specific visa in the UAE? Thanks!

came into country via DXB airport, clearly stamped 60 day visa.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2008
Thanks Nuzbim!

Tommy
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum