Atlantis - 8th Chunder Of The World! Funny Review!

Topic locked
Atlantis - 8th Chunder of the World! Funny review! Sep 28, 2008
This is the funniest thing I've read in ages! Geez the owners will be mad!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... 740532.ece

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 28, 2008
We are booked in there next month

:?
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 28, 2008
Hahahahaha - That is Gold

Choice quotes:
It’s the world’s most ostentatious hotel, plonked on a palm-shaped island five kilometres from the most soulless country this side of the equator.

A gob-smacking vision in cold sore pink, it opened to paying customers this week despite the best efforts of a fire that ripped through the central lobby two weeks ago.

Here, £14,000 will buy [Beckham's] wife one Arabian night in 1,105 square yards of hotel, the use of six bedrooms, 12 khazis, one gold-plated dinner table, two butlers, two maids, a dishwasher and two of the world’s most under-employed chefs.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Sep 29, 2008
It would seem the UK press have fallen out of love with our wonderful sunny adopted home.

He may have a few valid points...mind you, I reckon the Atlantis PR agency may have to suffer the rough end of a pineapple stuffed somewhere that makes their eyes water when the owners read all about it!

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 29, 2008
Well lets face it, all the press here are pussies, so you;re never going to get anything like this are you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 29, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Well lets face it, all the press here are pussies, so you;re never going to get anything like this are you.

They wouldn't be allowed to get it into print! Everything here is perfect, we live in utopia...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 29, 2008
Ally Ross, a good old Aberdeen boy.

The Sunday Times did a slightly less sarcastic but still not exactly complimentary article on Atlantis a couple of months ago

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel ... 396426.ece
CVB
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 02, 2008
I went out yesterday and had a look at the Atlantis. From what I saw I agree with both aticles, but loved the Sun piece, much funnier!!
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 02, 2008
CVB wrote:Ally Ross, a good old Aberdeen boy.

The Sunday Times did a slightly less sarcastic but still not exactly complimentary article on Atlantis a couple of months ago

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel ... 396426.ece

It's certainly a better review than the garbage printed in the Sun, but hey that suits all the people that make a hobby of coming down on Dubai, even though some of them live here.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 02, 2008
Unfortunately it might interest some of their readers to come here on vacation.

They don't care if the building looks like a big pink cake, as long as the management have big tits!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat