Raw Sewege In Jumeira Beach...

Topic locked
Raw Sewege in Jumeira Beach... Sep 25, 2008
oh sh!t!

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/General/10247543.html

Raw sewage floating in the harbour and on the beaches of the Dubai Offshore Sailing Club (DOSC)...
...Beaches in the Jumeirah area have also been affected.

pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 25, 2008
Old news.

The beaches of Dubai have been shit for years!

I had to visit one of the unfinished islands on The World last year. It was littered with blue plastic bags, old water bottles, shite, and thousands of packets of disposable razors that had apparently come from a container that 'fell off' a ship just off the coast!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 25, 2008
That's disgusting. Won't be swimming anywhere near Jumeirah for a while.

From the article:
"With the sewage treatment plant being over-capacity, trucks are emptying their tanks instead of queuing up for 12 hours at the sewage plant," said Mutch.

Anyone see a problem with this? This town seems like it was built yesterday and yet there is no proper sewer system in place. They are still trucking the crap out to the sewage plants. Have you ever seen the line ups for the sewage trucks out on the way to Hatta? Several kilometre long lines of trucks. No wonder they just dump it somewhere, which then blocks the drains and leads to this.

Unbelievable that something as new and expensive as the Palm Jumeirah for example could be built without sewer pipes.

Oh well, why do I care about this crap :-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Sep 25, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Old news.

The beaches of Dubai have been tasty for years!

I had to visit one of the unfinished islands on The World last year. It was littered with blue plastic bags, old water bottles, shite, and thousands of packets of disposable razors that had apparently come from a container that 'fell off' a ship just off the coast!

Knight

Yeah, but this one here's pure crap.

Why not just dump all that sh!t in the Empty Quarter?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 25, 2008
That's Dubai for you! Get the buildings up as soon as possible, worry about the infrastructure later. I'm telling you this place is going to collapse pretty soon.

3rd world ccountry it still is.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 25, 2008
pinoy1 wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Old news.

The beaches of Dubai have been tasty for years!

Knight

Yeah, but this one here's pure crap.

Why not just dump all that sh!t in the Empty Quarter?

Because then it would become the 'Full Quarter'.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 26, 2008
Last night on my balcony in the Marina I swear the air smelt like sewage. I thought it was just my subconscious working after reading this thread but a friend who was over confirmed it.

I said it was the sewer problems in Jumeirah, he said it was just me farting too much. Ah, drunken nights.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Sep 27, 2008
Captain Australia wrote:Last night on my balcony in the Marina I swear the air smelt like sewage. I thought it was just my subconscious working after reading this thread but a friend who was over confirmed it.

I said it was the sewer problems in Jumeirah, he said it was just me farting too much. Ah, drunken nights.

Take a trip down to Dragon Mart in the evenings...its a Chinamans spit from the Al Awir sewage plant, all the shite wagons are queueing up for miles to get in, and its next door to International Shitty.

Get out the car, take a good deep lungful...then tell me this place don't stink!
(Incidentally did I mention that Municipality give guided tours around the sewage works! Yes, really!)

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat