Need Amateur Photographer In Dubai!

Topic locked
Need amateur photographer in Dubai! Sep 21, 2008
Hi,
my name is Kristof and I am from Hungary. My hobby is 3d modelling, and my latest passion is modelling buildings, like skyscrapers...

I would be really glad if someone could help me, by taking some photographs of some of the beautiful buildings in Dubai. No, you wouldn't get paid, it is just a hobby of mine, and I know that nothing is for free, but if someone is out there who thinks different then please reply!

Thank you in advance,
Kristóf
(dev567 AT gmail DOT com)

dev567
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Need amateur photographer in Dubai! Sep 22, 2008
[quote="dev567"]Hi,
my name is Kristof and I am from Hungary. My hobby is 3d modelling, and my latest passion is modelling buildings, like skyscrapers...

I would be really glad if someone could help me, by taking some photographs of some of the beautiful buildings in Dubai. No, you wouldn't get paid, it is just a hobby of mine, and I know that nothing is for free, but if someone is out there who thinks different then please reply!

Thank you in advance,
Kristóf
(dev567 AT gmail DOT com)[/quote

Have a look at some of the photos on www.thedubaiguide.com

You won't need a photographer, there are plenty online already.

:) :) :)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 22, 2008
Cool hobby. Good luck with it.

Have you been looking at Google Earth with the '3D Buildings' layer turned on. That is awesome to look at.

There are lots of building in Dubai that have already been done, but many many more to be submitted. As you may or may not know, you can use the Google tool Sketch-up to model buildings then submit them for inclusion in Google Earth. Very cool.

Someone has done the buildings to the left and right of my apartment building. So if you are looking for a first candidate to model please do my building. :-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Sep 22, 2008
Oh...computer modelling!

I thought he was using glue and bits of paper!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:Have a look at some of the photos on thedubaiguide.com

Horrible site. Blatantly plagiarising material from other sources and passing it off as their own.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

bonk wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Have a look at some of the photos on thedubaiguide.com

Horrible site. Blatantly plagiarising material from other sources and passing it off as their own.

Really? Wanna take that up with the owner? I can put you in touch. Don't rate your chances of being in the UAE for long afterwards though.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:Don't rate your chances of being in the UAE for long afterwards though.

Hobson's Choice then?

If that's the way they operate then no surprise they've got no problem stealing content from other websites. Still, it's not as if they're the only one. At least Mr Google does a reasonable job of hammering them.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 22, 2008
well i have machine which will make 3d pont cloud of buildings. I also do have SLR. lemme know if u r interested
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 22, 2008
The problem is, that Google Earth doesn't provide detailed photographs. I would need someone to go out to a specific location and shoot some photos from angles that I would need. I know it takes time, but if you live close to a really cool building and have the time, please reply!
dev567
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 22, 2008
desert surfer wrote:well i have machine which will make 3d pont cloud of buildings. I also do have SLR. lemme know if u r interested

Hi there, any help is appreciated.
Can you show me on google maps where you live, and I'll try to pick a nice building as our subject. Or - since you live there - you could pick too. (I like tall & mondern buildings)
dev567
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 22, 2008
bURJ al arab,
Emirates tower
burj dubai is dusty.

I am busy imho will free up in october
u make 3d model by collecting photos from three perspective
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 22, 2008
Burj Al Arab would be fine, although I don't know how are you planning to take the pictures from the back. (You have a boat? :) But if you can manage it, then it would be great.

If you won't be busy anymore then please contact me by email or something else (view my profile)

cheers, Kristof
dev567
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 22, 2008
dev567 wrote:Burj Al Arab would be fine, although I don't know how are you planning to take the pictures from the back. (You have a boat? :) But if you can manage it, then it would be great.

If you won't be busy anymore then please contact me by email or something else (view my profile)

cheers, Kristof

They don't usually allow photos from the sea...it looks like a Christian cross.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 22, 2008
dev, i have some pictures of burj dubai and JBR which i will try to send it to you.

good luck with 3D modeling
Cyberslam
Dubai Forum User

Sep 22, 2008
Thanks, although I don't have 10 posts yet, so I can't read your PMs :)
dev567
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 24, 2008
ahahahah again rules...and with this post I rich my 15th :angel9:
Shamoosa
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 24, 2008
Hey Dev... i could help. Don't care too much about the money. Looks like an interesting project.

Have a look at some of my pics at my blog. See link below.
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 24, 2008
DPS wrote:Hey Dev... i could help. Don't care too much about the money. Looks like an interesting project.

Have a look at some of my pics at my blog. See link below.

It's okay for me, but I would like to note that: the point of taking the pictures will be to let us (me) see the structural attributes of the buildings, and not the artistic settings of the picture is the subject. Although if you can do both than feel free to do that. :))

If you are interested, then please mail me.

What I can give you in exchange, is that your name will be displayed too, on the rendered images (probably with your email address > you will be famous :D). Plus the fun is cool too :)
dev567
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 25, 2008
I have some pictures but I have to post more useful posts to be able to paste them here

Sabr salamat :lol:
Shamoosa
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2008
let me try now:

Shamoosa
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2008

Shamoosa
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2008
You only take mosques?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 25, 2008
No for sure. I have so meny pictures but mosques are my favourite buildings ever :)
Shamoosa
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2008
see this one:
no mosque at all ahahah

Shamoosa
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 25, 2008

Shamoosa
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat