Moving To Dubai

Topic locked
Moving to Dubai Jul 18, 2008
Hi folks,

Sure you have all heard this before, however any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have been offered a job in Dubai, and will be looking to relocate with my wife from the UK.
The package includes accommodation, utility bills, car, petrol, flights home etc etc. The office is based in Sharjah (free zone), however we would like to stay in Dubai. My contract states that the Accommodation must be within 45 minutes of the office.
I am in the process of clarifying the allowance for the accommodation, however I would expect it to be 200k AED +
I would like to stay in a villa with access to a pool and gym – we looked in Mirdif briefly, however the noise from the airport was horrendous!
Some nice restaurants locally would also be an advantage.

Any suggestions??

Superdarts
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Moving to Dubai Aug 27, 2008
Superdarts wrote:Any suggestions??

Most places in Dubai could be 45 mins from Sharjah if there's no traffic and you drive fast. But nowhere will be if there's a traffic jam. Try Emirates Hills, or somewhere closer to Emirates Road - at least driving Dubai to Sharjah in the morning is opposite direction to most traffic.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 28, 2008
What do you mean 'the noise from the airport was horrendous'?

I live in Mirdiff, directly under the flight path, but I don't even notice the planes anymore. It's something that you get used to, what do you think people living around Heathrow and Gatwick do?

Sharjah? Blurgh the place wants bombing, it's horrible.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum