Senior Software Engineer Looking For Consulting Gigs

Topic locked
Senior Software Engineer Looking for Consulting Gigs Jul 24, 2008
I'm an American Senior Software Engineer with 10+ years experience in writing large multi-tiered database-driven web applications. My experiences range from running a large team of developers to small one-person projects. I've written large projects in Java (various technologies), Objective-C, Ruby on Rails, Perl, etc.

Here's my résumé:

Name Withheld ~ Curriculum Vitae

Profile Summary

• 12 years experience in software design and development both as a leader and as a member of multi-cultural teams, with multiple projects completed and in production
• Independent developer with 6+ years of remote development
• Experience in commercial, healthcare informatics, government sectors, and consulting
• Dedicated and honest, strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of organizations, passion for technology, and a software developer at heart

Core Competencies

• Java, Tomcat, Ruby on Rails, WebObjects, Perl, Objective-C, multi-tiered web application development, various web technologies (Apache, mongrel, HTML, XML, Javascript, AJAX, etc)
• Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, OpenBase – database design and development with object/relational persistence layers in mind
• OS X, OS X Server, FreeBSD, Linux, Solaris – multi-server deployment configuration and management
• Project management, people management, software architect experience, software developer with full software lifecycle experience (SDLC), business process analysis experience
• Some experience with Windows, C, C++

Professional Experience

2005 – Present, Senior Software Engineer, PGP Corporation, Menlo Park, CA, USA
1999 – 2005, Senior Programmer/Analyst, Quetzal Consulting, San Francisco, CA, USA
1996 – 1999, Programmer/Analyst, Health Media Research Lab, Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Education

B.S., June 1993, Genetics and Cell Biology, College of Biological Sciences, University of Minnesota NIH Pre-doctoral Genetics Training Grant Fellowship, Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Smithsonian Graduate Student Fellowship for the proposal "The Analysis of Ancient Human Mitochondrial DNA Isolated from Prehistoric Bone: A Comparison of Human Populations Across Time" Conservation Analytical Laboratory, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC. Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program grant for the proposal "Mutation Analysis of the Human Iduronate-2-Sulphatase Gene in Hunter Patients" University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.

Other Training

Ruby on Rails Bootcamp at Big Nerd Ranch (Atlanta, Georgia)

comrade1
Dubai Forum Guest

If it's not clear in my posting Jul 24, 2008
I'm looking for work in Dubai, not remote development. I'm very experienced with remote development, but also experienced enough to know that the best work is done face-to-face with the client.
comrade1
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted