Bad Treatment To Expats From Higher MOFA Officials

Topic locked
Bad Treatment to Expats from Higher MOFA Officials Jun 09, 2008
Today early morning I went to Ministry of Foreign Affairs Office for the attestation of my Marriage Certificate.
As I stood early in the morning at 6:20AM, I was early in the queue.
And they issued tickets at around 7:50AM as the Office starts at 8:00AM.
For Marriage Certificate they charged 150 Dirhams, but we need to bring exact change for it.
But the counter opened at 9:00,
We were directed to a Higher Officer who will check the Certificate and Sign on it. This Higher Official was very rude. He was attending his personal phones while calling everyone for the signature. What he does now?
He Signs the Marriage Certificate and threw it on the Floor, and told to pickup and leave, and called the Next person in the queue. :shock:
He was doing the same to many people. But for the people who were dressed like ARABS, for them he handed the certificate respectfully.
What an Illtreatment and Racist Behaviour? :shock:
Then I went to the Other counter were my number was called, I got the MOFA attestation stamped and was directed to the counter no. 6 where another official signs on the attestation.
There was no proper guidance for the visitors at MOFA.
The MOFA website does not have the address, but the Address is in Deira near Deira Taxi Stand. Just in front of Etisalat building, We have Union National Bank, MOFA is on the Seventh Floor of this Union National Bank Building.

This was a very bad experience with me at MOFA. I got shocked by the way the higher official himself disrespectfully throw documents on the floor to let us pickup. I dont know what he wanted to show by this IllTreatment.

Nobody can complain I suppose just because its the Higher order person doing the disrespect. What we can expect from other officials then.

netmissile
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 09, 2008
Sorry but that doesn't ring true for me. Whilst the locals all tend to have their right ears glued to a mobile phone regardless of where they are, I have trouble believing that an official would be routinely throwing paperwork onto the floor.

I suggest that whilst you probably had a very frustrating time at the MOFA (and I've done exactly the same process so I can entirely agree), I think you're stretching the bounds of credibility.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 09, 2008
Dr Strangeglove wrote:I suggest that whilst you probably had a very frustrating time at the MOFA (and I've done exactly the same process so I can entirely agree), I think you're stretching the bounds of credibility.

Its exactly True, It happened to me today morning. Maybe that Official was in an angry mood this morning, taking out his frustration on the people for his own personal reasons of anger. I saw with my own eyes for other people as well, he threw certificate for atleast 4 persons on front of me. and stopped doing that when an Arab dressed person was the next man. And THIS RUDE BEHAVIOUR IS TRUE I had experienced.
netmissile
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 09, 2008
Dr Strangeglove seems to be living in another world.

In UAE, if you're an expat you are lower than dirt in the eyes of some Arabs .
Khalid021
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 10, 2008
Unfortunately depends 'where' you come from as an expat. What nationality were the people of the certificates he threw on the floor?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 10, 2008
You're probably right Khalid, but I always make sure that when I'm dealing with a govt agency, I put on my Prince Charles accent, seems to work okay. Just wish I hadn't left my comedy ears in the UK.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 10, 2008
Khalid021 wrote:Dr Strangeglove seems to be living in another world.

In UAE, if you're an expat you are lower than dirt in the eyes of some Arabs .

i think from ur name u r an arab ...!!! perhaps ..i said perhaps u r an arab.. :wink:
so the country u came from ,they dont through papers in ur face ...or they treat u like a prince when u come to any official office..

we emiratee treat others (some only as you said )as a dirt..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huh :roll:
dubai beat
Dubai Forum User

Jun 11, 2008
Dr Strangeglove wrote:You're probably right Khalid, but I always make sure that when I'm dealing with a govt agency, I put on my Prince Charles accent, seems to work okay. Just wish I hadn't left my comedy ears in the UK.

Locals get wet dreams about white ppl. While speaking out your Charles accent make sure you dont turn on those men there. The camel riders could do anything to complete their fantasy.
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 01, 2008
desert surfer wrote:
Dr Strangeglove wrote:You're probably right Khalid, but I always make sure that when I'm dealing with a govt agency, I put on my Prince Charles accent, seems to work okay. Just wish I hadn't left my comedy ears in the UK.

Locals get wet dreams about white ppl. While speaking out your Charles accent make sure you dont turn on those men there. The camel riders could do anything to complete their fantasy.

u r right
netmissile
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat