What Is Up With The Service In This Country?!!

Topic locked
Apr 23, 2008
deadlife wrote:Yeah I do believe that the systems over here are disfunctional
Most of them are corrupt I mean they accept bribe(as in vaasta or contacts)
Even though the whole realestate market is controlled and pumped by black money as there are no taxes or regulations.
But calling dubai a third world country or a developing country would be certainly wrong
Its a third world country with
The tallest tower in the world
Worlds Most expensive Projects
Worlds Most expensive Horse Race
Worlds Most expensive Planes deals and Airshow

It's a country with some of the most expensive cars on the world that too in quantities Bugatti, Maybach, Ferrari Spiders, Mercedes Special Made(ordered) AMG, Specail Ordered Lexuses and the list goes on
How many of these do you see in your country.

And they call dubai third world country.(even though I hate it , I have to admit that its not a Third world country)

I don't know where are you from but if you did live in developed country you will notice the difference. It's like saying "India is developed country cos it has one of the wonders of the world but go to Taj Mahal you will be bugged by throes of beggars".
Does that mean India is a developed country? Nah, cos the indicators of development are education, politics, infrastructure etc. No matter if you have thousands of Bugattis or Pagani Zondas the laws like labour laws and education is still lagging behind developed countries.

desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Dear Traveller Apr 23, 2008
Traveller, if there's one thing I can't abide, it's people making themselves out to be more intelligent than they really are. To the independent observer you appear childish, obnoxious and fairly dim witted (no offense). You repeatedly call people racist and then say "Go back to your sand-dune in the desert!". That's what we call being 'hypocritical'.

You castigate people for being offensive and then say "insulting dicks , like XP clone". He is insulting, but then so are you, so clearly you're not in any position to pass judgement.

But what I find most disingenuous about you, is that you're quick to jump on people for racially stereotyping the welsh, but then you state that all the british people leaving the UK for Dubai do so because they don't want to pay their way.

You know us all do you? You know why I or Chocoholic left the UK? And you're in a position to tell us what we did or didn't contribute prior to leaving?

Clearly the answer is no. You're like a bell, you make lots of noise but you're ultimately hollow, you have nothing original to say as you sit there in your shabby bedsit surrounded by cheap p<3n and the results of previous self love sessions (that sock probably needs washing now, don't you think?).

I guess ultimately, you should consider your value to us all here and to yourself. And if you do decide (as you should) that you have no value, and that ending it all really is best for all involved. Then as your fix the hosepipe to your exhaust and settle in for some Radio 4 and your 'final post', ponder on the fact that no-one will miss you, not even your Mum (who by the way, I intend to copulate with furiously on my return to Not So Great Anymore Britain).

Yours tongue-in-cheekingly,

The Doc
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 23, 2008
nice one Doc

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 23, 2008
Ahahahahaha, that's hilarious! Nice one! Dr I think I love you!

By the way I've just let my Welshy friend here read this thread, and he thinks you're full of hot air and should stop making such a fuss.

Also FYI, I went to the comedy club last week where an Irish, English/German and Aussie were performing, they all took the mick out of the English and our seriousness, sarcasm etc and everyone thought it was hilarious.

And you didn't bother to actually read my post on Holland/Netherlands, because I actually stated 'in this part of the world' not the entire planet. In stores here everything is labelled 'From Holland' - FACT.

Maybe you should take the time to actually stop and read posts, some journo hey?

Now if you'll excuse me, I must get back to proof reading my articles!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 23, 2008
As always the doctor's around when you needed them most......i thought your username was Strangleglove at first then had another look.......:lol: :lol:

You sounds familiar....but hey dont we all sound the same..... ..... :P :P :P
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 23, 2008
arniegang wrote:nice one Doc

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ditto
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 23, 2008
Great thread guys.Haven't laughed so much in ages.U lot need to get together in one room and just kick the crap out of each other and finish this.
Personally,I think Dubai was/is a third world country on its way to becoming first rate.The service is a joke in alot of ways.The amazing developments mask this fact and you would be forgiven for thinking it was incredibly organised if you were observing from abroad.
As a resident of the UK I gotta say wait for the Brits to take over completely and kick it all into shape.Until then get used to the dumb ass locals and Asians.
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 23, 2008
edited
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2008
edited
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2008
edited
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2008
What's the name of your mag?
Or is it a glossy Gulf rag?
You think I'm not bright?
And can't really write?
I can rhyme as I scribe ...with no lag!!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2008
The fact is that he is a low life behind that ugly website, trying to promote it.
As long as he appears here, bullshit everyone and rhyme, he is forwarding visitors toward his website.

He is asking people to open Google ads on his page to make a cent or two every time by claiming nonsense about his identity.

we should just ignore him.

Now back to the important stuff; Hey Alex, why don't you fck off?
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 24, 2008
edited.
Alex1111
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 24, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Actually I'd like to differ on that, many people still don't know - particularly in this region - where the Netherlands is, but they all know the name Holland.

As someone who works in the retail industry, all our products are stated as 'Produce/Product of Holland' - nobody uses the Netherlands.

Also I have many many Dutch friends and I have very rarely heard them mention the 'Netherlands' they all just say they're from Holland.

i second that. "holland" is more common, and alot of times they will just say "rotterdam" or "amsterdam" etc
jwvgoethe
Dubai Forum User

Apr 24, 2008
Goethe/ Choc,
Come off it! Holland is only ONE PART of the Netherlands. Don't you know your geography?
How come, the country is called Netherlands in :-
[1] The Times atlas... Probably the leading atlas in the UK.
[2] National Geographic, the leading atlas in the world.
[3] British PHONE BOOKS under International COUNTRY codes!!!
[4] The Olympic team competes under Netherlands.
[5] It is NEDERLAND in Dutch.
[6] My Highbury Columbus "World Travel Atlas" for businessmen, which I picked up in a Business Travel Show in Earls Court.
[7] My Bedouk International [bedouk.com] book for businessmen called "The Worldwide Meeting Planners Guide". It lists top hotels globally, for businessmen.
[8] My Collins Road Atlas for Europe. A TOP atlas!!
[9] The CAR REGISTRATION is "NL" not "HO" !!! ..... Ho! Ho ! Ho!

I could go on. I can't believe this! How can Brits abroad be so PAROCHIAL and lacking in common-sense?
OF COURSE, the country is the Netherlands. I can remember the term "Holland" being used more in the 1950s [ THAT's how old I am!!!!!], but since about the late Fifties, Netherlands took over for MOST things, especially OFFICIAL things. Holland is a particularly low-lying part of the country.....like " hollow land". A "hollow" is a DIP , is it not?
Hence the name HOL---LAND
That is why there is a HOLLAND in Lincolnshire and another in ESSEX.
The Dutch soccer team uses Holland and Netherlands, but when TOP ATLASES use Netherlands, the Dutch had better be careful. Children all over the world are learning THAT name , as well as all the older people. From a MARKETING point of view , the country must be losing hundreds of millions if there is ANY confusion. Why should a SENSIBLE government even take RISKS with marketing by using visitholland.com ALONE?
All they need do is point visit-netherlands.com to the same site !!
YOU DO NOT DICTATE TO MILLIONS OF CUSTOMERS!! IF THEY WANT TO USE NETHERLANDS........YOU GO ALONG WITH THEM!! OTHERWISE YOU LOSE THEM!! SIMPLE!!
Have you thought that the Dutch in Dubai might be saying Holland to some of you people, because they think YOU do not USE Netherlands.....or even do not KNOW Netherlands ? Ask the Dutch where NEDERLAND is!!

By the way "Dutch" is related to "Deutsch" ie German. They both mean "brother". The Dutch language is "Low German". It is a West Germanic language , like Flemish, German, Friesian and English.
The English were North Germans from Angeln and Saxony.
ANGELN or ANGUL is the curved coast where the Jutland peninsula meets the rest of Germany.
The early Indo-European word for BENT was "ANGG" . This came into Germanic early as ANGLE meaning FISH-HOOK which has this bent shape. Hence ANGLING!!
So the ANGLES were the people of ANGUL/ANGELN the "fish-hook shaped coast " where JUTLAND[ it JUTS UP....hence Jutes] meets Germany on the North Sea.

The same prefix is in ANCHOR, because it's BENT ; ANKLE...bent again and ANGLE in Geometry[ which came from ANGULUS]. They are all bent!!
even an ANGEL has bent wings at right angles to the body!
ANGLE gave Englisch and English !!
So THE ENGLISH ARE "THE BENT PEOPLE"........LITERALLY !!!!!
As the Germanics/English sailed around the British coast they called Sir Fon , the island in North Wales ANGLESEY or ANGLE 's EY. EY is island. It is a "fish hook shaped island" The hook is on the east at Red Bull bay, near Beaumaris.

As they sailed around West Wales, they called a place ANGLE because it is the tip of the fish-hook shaped coast of South Pembs!!

There again, I know f**k all. You lot have told me!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2008
edited
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2008
Traveller,

Are you completely and utterly stupid! 'WE' know the difference between Holland and the Netherlands, but many people don't!!!! End of! Get it through your stupid thick head.

And I have many Dutch friends, er that's why I'm giong to a Dutch Queens Day celebration tonight with all of them!

And once again you whine and complain about the abuse other people are throwing at you, and yet a whole load of filth has just come out of your mouth! What a hypocrit! And byb the way your rhyming couplets suck!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 24, 2008
edited
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2008
That's because the site has a sensoring mechanism for idiots like you.

Right now you are, 'being inconsistent with the religious, cultural, political and moral values of the United Arab Emirates.'
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 24, 2008
edited
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2008
edited
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2008
Ok Alex,

Care for a few beers?
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 24, 2008
Oh I/we can take it, the difference is that we don't let it get to us, we just turn the other cheek instead of jumping up and down and screaming like a child, thinking the whole world is against us.

Grow up would you and stop being so pathetic, really! Go home and cry to mummy!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 24, 2008
Choc,
You are not even LOGICAL !
YOU LOT hand out the insulting filth and WELSH RACISM for days, and you AGREE and laugh your heads off !!
ISN'T IT HILARIOUS???
But as SOON AS IT IS THROWN BACK AT YOU......you turn bitchy and CANNOT TAKE IT!!

Why is that, Choc??
Yet YOU SAY you can turn the other CHEEK........WHICH ONE? THE ONE ON THE LEFT INSIDE YOUR KNICKERS??

Or do you keep that one for the "Dutch Queens"???

If you can take it BACK.......WHY DID YOU FLARE UP AND ATTACK ME!!

You English can HAND IT OUT, but you cannot take "English jokes" can you??
TOTALLY HYPOCRITICAL!!!
By the way, I'm far too old to have a mummy!!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2008
Because you can't be grown up about it! You degenerate into swearing and abusive language, are you dumb not to realise that if you don't react people would stop making fun? Clearly you can't be the bigger person so you just degenerate into gutter talk.

And really the things people have saying were all in jest, but you rising to it, is hilarious and you're giving us all a good laugh at your own expense. So more fool you.

And really I don't give a damn that you're Welsh, I lived in Wales for two years and had a great time and made loads of friends. But the way you act, would have most of them wanting to give you a big old slap round the head.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 24, 2008
:bootyshake: :knob: :withstupid: :la:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 24, 2008
Choc,
I can't believe your INCONSISTENCIES!!
You have just said that I "degenerated into swearing and abusive language............." ........ and you are a bl**dy PROOF READER!!??

Well, if you want to READ THE PROOF......go back to the start!!
"cretin" ; "moron" ; "retard" and "sheep sha**er " CAME FROM YOUR LOT FIRST.......AND YOU LAUGHED AND CONDONED IT ALL!!

Don't you UNDERSTAND ENGLISH?? You think those terms are not SWEARING AND ABUSIVE?? YOU LOT DEGENERATED LONG BEFORE ME!!

I MERELY LOWERED MYSELF INTO YOUR GUTTER!!!

Good grief!! What a hypocrite you are !!
Call YOUR NEWSPAPER READERS THOSE THINGS ,THEN!!!
BUT PUT YOUR REAL NAME TO IT!!
I DARE YOU!!!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2008
DOES WRITING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS MAKE ME SEEM LIKE AN ANGRY PERSON?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 103AAUjVdI

:roll: :roll:
apl
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 24, 2008
Ok Traveller, time to let it go. Take a minute to chill out.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 24, 2008
Let it go? The guy can't let it go, he's going to get himselff so worked up, that he'll give himself a heart attack.

I don't know what his problem is, round and round it does.

I'm out because he's boring me to death.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat