What Is Up With The Service In This Country?!!

Topic locked
Apr 22, 2008
What do u have to say about the rest?
By the way did Abu Dhabi Is one of the most richest cities on this planet

deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: What is up with the service in this country?!! Apr 22, 2008
maximusprime wrote:
Unknown Devil wrote:
hehehehe!! well service wise dubai I am sorry is not great at all. Well I never had any incident out in a hotel and crap but banks buddy. I worked for a call center for around a yr in standard chartered. U need help let me know cuz I know exaclt whats goin on there. If u gotta salary over 8 grand then go for LLOYDS tsb not even barclays is good enough. I hope u plan to close down ur scb account. If u want my advice that is. If u wanna know whats goin on then please feel free to contact me and we can meet lol. But scb please no ways!!

Hey thanks, finally got the account open but now i'm dealing with getting a loan. Would you beleve I have had to get 3 salary letters by now? Th 1st wasnt good enough because it didnt specify whether my salary was per year or per month or per week, hour, minute etc as if that would really make a difference. I only wish I made that much per week. Inshallah I will be driving within the century! I have heard emirates and hsbc are very good. I will go for them next time.

Okay okay okay people as helping maximux I will tell u whats the problem here with the banks. Why Lloyds tsb is better than the other banks in Dubai.

Well u see banks like HSBC, RAK, DUBAI ISLAMIC, ADCB, NBD, STANDARD CHARTERED and whatever names come to your mind do not offer one thing that is customer service. They cater to lower class, middle class and also higher class and not to mention they basically survive on the sole core of charges which they gain out from their loans, credit cards and other bankin products. It is almost impossible for them to cater to so many people. So what they do is gove u lucrative offers like u take a card and u get lifetime ur card is free which doesnt work always. Plus even give u the option of getting gifts and all.

Heres the catch say u bought a card from any of these banks and you are entitled up for a gift which will be delivered within 30 days which never does because either the stocks run out or maybe the courier doesnt deliver it there because banks have a deal with the courier company as in if they have to deliver to certain places so they will charge more so in the process ur getting pissed or maybe u recieved something else because the guy who took ur form for processing he made a mistake and ticked something else. Due to which another process starts in correcting the initial mistake. Then when u try to return the card they will be like give u another gift prior to this to calm u down which is basically done by the retention unit.

Then one fine day bam u get charged by annual fee which u get pissed about and complain and which takes u a week to get thorugh to the call centre and u complain and crap!! Fine they take their time to reverse it and if they dont u plan to close the card. But even if they reverse it no one actually thinks of the interest which was generated because of that charge. Whatever interest the bank has taken from the time it was generated to the time it was reversed it already good wnough so they reverse it.

Oh sure why not u wanna balance transfer from one card to the other and pay lesser amount on that balance. Say U gotta one card with a limit of 10000 from X bank and then u got another card with a limit of 20000 from Y bank. Now youve almost spent the almost the whole limit of X bank's card so u plan to balance transfer to a the Y card which has the 20000 dhs limit because u only spent 5000 dhs. Now u go through the procedures and all and get it transferred so what happens. The next month ur statement comes in for the X card u see the interest which comes on ur this card is higher than the interest of the previous month. Ur angry and pissed that u might beat the crap into anyone so u end up shouting at people in the callcenter that is people like me.

Heres what happened. Ur balance was transferred to ur X card and makin it 15000 including ur previous balance. So u were promised that it might be 0 or 0.5 percent whatever will be charged to you. So what the bank does is that it will leave the 10000 u transfered for the given amount of time and will only charge u for the 5000 but thats where people go wrong because they charge u on the whole thing inclusive the 5000. Now u were like okay I am gonna pay 5000 each month and finish it off in three months. So u ahead and pay up. But remaining is 10000 right. The bank calculates the percentage on the 150000 and the maximum of the percentage being used on the 5000 which is yet not cleared and less on the 10000. So u never end up clearing the full 15000 or the 10000 or the 5000 without any interest. And if they did offer u the gift and all then u wont get it before the certain time period as in if u clear off ur balance within the time period then u wont get it.

Oh u wanna know more now. well as per logic speaks why a customer goes over limit specially. Late payment is because u payed late but OCL which people dont realise ans should also and I will too because thats a proper system.

Here it is how it works. U are told u get 30 days to pay up the whole cash for ur card and no interest will be generated. well that is true. If say ur statement date is 1st of every month and 20th of every month is ur due date. After u get ur statement u get 20 days to pay it off right as in pay before the 1st of the month and avoid any penalties. So here how ocl works. U have a card limit of 10000 dhs. Say on the 1st of march u got ur statement which says u need to pay 8000 dhs by 20th of march. Now u being the customer and damn care about it u go ahead and spend 3000 dhs more makin it 11000 which is ocl. Bam u are charged and all. But the statement doesnt show that because the statement shows from 1st of feb to 1st of march whatever u spent. Now u being all happy and stuff u pay of 8000 thinkin u cleared the card but what happens to the overlimit then. Well it is still there with the 3000 u spent. Ur in the notion that u spent 3000 more so now cuz ur card is cleared its all right. But no. Now the thing is U keep on spending again and spend 7000 but forget theres an ocl charge with it. U think 7+3 is equal to 10. Who is gonna pay the overlimit charge.

So when the statement gets printed it shows ur Ocl and u want an explanation as to why it is like that and u go like why wasnt there any system like some one calling u sayin ur going overlimit. Well thats customer service which banks wont do. It will cost them a huge amount of time and people to actually call up people not to mention finance so they wont And all cards have a limit it can go upto when spending which is usually 5 percent more. So now after a lot of arguement and crap u decide okay u pay all the charges and clear the card or u threaten to cancel and get it reversed. But again when the next statment comes u get another ocl charge and this time ur furious. Logically speaking customer is being stupid. Its the customer duty to understand it right. U took it so handle it. When u recieve ur statement it shows what u have spent from 1st of this month to 1st of next month. So if ur closing balance is over the limit wont u also start with an opening balance of over the limit. Of course u will. Cuz of ur stupidy in not keepin up with ur card u suffer and I belive banks have the right to charge. If u cant control ur luxury or ur spending spree why should the bank be blamed. And shout on all us call centre people.

Problem here is lack of awareness and education. A family of four all have credit cards. A labourer or a lower class person below 3000 dhs has a credit card. Banks give u the bait and u take it.

Need I go on more. If u wanna know and stuff. I know about cards and accounts and loans but not investements. If u wanna know more P.M. me so that I can email u my number and we can talk.

Oh and btw why I would vouch with LLOLYDS TSB BECAUSE THEY ARE TRANSPARENT AND ALL. U HAVE A SALARY OF 8000 OR MORE GET AN ACCOUNT THERE. YES I KNOW THEY WILL TAKE TIME WITH A LOT OF THINGS. BUT ASK UR SELF THIS QUESTION DO U WANT A LOT OF THINGS LIKE CREDIT CARDS AND ALL WITH SO MANY FACILITIES AND NO CUSTOMER SERVICE OR DO U WANT NO FACILITIES BUT A GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I do understand lloyds can take time but they will make sure they get the job done.
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 22, 2008
deadlife wrote:What do u have to say about the rest?
By the way did Abu Dhabi Is one of the most richest cities on this planet

So big deal. Just cuz they got so much of oil money but service please. Dubai is better!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 22, 2008
spoonman wrote:How's Noor Islamic Bank? has anyone worked with them?

I just know its a bank started by Shiekh Mo. But havent heard anything. But I think it caters to the rich class. Not sure!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 22, 2008
Chazerelli,
What hole did you crawl out of? What have I EVER said to YOU ? So why are YOU trying to block me? If you don't like my correspondence with your RACIST, BIGOTED pals, who STARTED all of this , then you don't have to read any of it........DO YOU?
KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT, CHAVERELLI ! Go back to your sand-dune in the desert!
Is there an enclave of intolerant, Fascist neo-Nazi thought police that has moved en bloc from the UK to Dubai? It seems that way!!
First ,some of you jump down peoples' throats with vile insults over NOTHING [ check back!]; then the "cretins" , "chavs", "morons" and "retards" insults come flying through the ether[ like....upset my web-site and BOTH BOOTS will come flying at you! ]; then the deep-rooted anti-Welsh racism from semi-educated bigots!!
It's incredible! Do you have military training camps in the desert? Are you building concentration camps out there in case you are "invaded" by "unclean" chavs ?
Is it STILL 1984 in Dubai ??
I really had to laugh when you said I wanted to LIVE in Dubai !! You must be joking !! I've been there ! It's one of the last places I'd want to live. It's alright to visit for a few days, but that's all. The summer climate seems to be atrociously hot and humid . If I was moving abroad , I'd go to Spain or the Canaries. Certainly not Dubai.
Talent? I've got three businesses.....AND I PAY MY TAXES to my OWN country!!
If everyone was like you....sucking OUT of the system, there would be no Health Service or Armed Forces in the UK
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2008
Gt Mash,
"this dude [Chav-erelli ]signed up just to get Traveller banned".
At least you're right there!! Didn't you know? Chaverelli is Sheikh Mo!!!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2008
Hahahahahaha - Traveller, welcome to the newbie baptism of fire, which you are not taking very well.

The 'cretins' are invading the UK from all over the place, most recently Eastern European countries.

People here aren't being racist or bigoted? Pulease, get that Welshy chip off your shoulder and lets go back to the days when we could all take the piss out of each other, and have a good old laugh about it, untill the PC morons came along and ruined it all.

Get over yourself.

Oh yeah haven;t you heard the saying 'what's the difference between an expat and a racist? - Three weeks!'

Now get down of your soap box, lighten up and get over yourself.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 22, 2008
Da hwyr. Blesio arhosa yn bod fel 'n benffol , 'r hychwaneg cei ddymchwel , 'r hychwaneg boblogi ewyllysia ca a cer amdanat.

Or something to that effect!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 22, 2008
chocs

does that translate to:

"why oh why doesn't that Welsh Chav Sheep Shagger Bugger off" ??

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 22, 2008
No it's actually very polite.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 22, 2008
Chocoholic,
Beth wyt ti'n ceisio dweud ? 'Does ddim synnwyr yn y geiriau na.

Ydy Arniegang yn drewi fel ffwrch camel?
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2008
Leave Arnie alone! Better stinky camel, than stinky sheep - pfff
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 22, 2008
Paham mae un o Gymru yn cysylltu y Cymry gyda defaid?

By the way, go to visit-dubai.co.uk ;
click the BLUE AD on the TOP LEFT of the front page.
The title is "BUY A PROPERTY IN DUBAI"
Click on the first 3 pages of that and you might realise who I am!
You might have a shock!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2008
hey traveller :)
Man cmon u dont have to get serious
I mean cool down
everybody is sharing their views here
even if there are comments on other members here but which forum doesnt have that
cool down bro :)
deadlife
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 23, 2008
gtmash wrote:
jwvgoethe wrote:um, RAKFTZ? :)

Ok, party-pooper. :lol: Be careful of extra fees at RAKFTZ. All their touting about advertised low costs is bull. Read the fine print on their form and the costs add up for stuff like phones and mailboxes.

However, if you plan to open a gold shop, your google search for "Dubai Gold Souq" will end you up on this site.

much appreciated, thank you. and as you might have guessed, i am looking for the lowest cost free zone (in this case where a general distributorship can be set up). but I would pay more for competence and reliability
jwvgoethe
Dubai Forum User

Apr 23, 2008
Deadlife,
You are telling ME to cool down, but I notice that you,along with others on this forum, refuse to admonish or castigate ,in any way,Arniegang ;XP clown or Minimus [ and others]for their extremely insulting ,sometimes racist language on this site. You will also note ,if you check, that the "retard" and "moron" insults first emanated from the twisted ,bitter ,sarcastic minds of XPclown and Arniegang.
I understand that Arniegang is meant to be policing it, yet he has come out with the most racist of insults against the Welsh and the foulest language. Who's policing the police?
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2008
gmvgoethe,
gt mash is p*ss-taking about entering "dubai gold souk" into Google UK which I said earlier led to visit-uae.co.uk.
But actually ,for his information, I found that several different search terms led back to the same site on the front page. There don't seem to be actual web-sites for the Gold Shops in the Old Souk in Deira.
I went there once. Plenty of shops,dripping in gold, but when I wanted to invest in some gold recently and tried to find those shops on the internet, I was unsuccessful.
Either they don't have web-sites ,or they are not very prominent.
Searching "22 carat gold price" or "gold shops in Dubai souk" and such terms did not find them.
It seems to me ,that generally, no-one in Dubai.......with its myriad shopping malls.......is selling goods INTERNATIONALLY over the internet like Amazon.com ,for example.
There may be shops doing it in a SMALL way, but where are the BIG Dubai internet retailers?
Another thing. The best tourism sites like www.visitflanders.co.uk and www.visitbelgium.com are multi-lingual in about 10 international languages. They are a small nation who realise the linguistic diversity of the world. When you are MARKETING to the world, that is really important.
Let's face it. There are 125 million people in Japan alone . How many sites are in Japanese? Any Dubai marketing sites?
Similarly with German, Portugese , Mandarin etc.
Dubai has Dubai Internet City.......so where are the MULTI-lingual web-sites? It only needs university language students [working cheap] to translate sites.
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2008
gmvgoethe,
I stand corrected. visit-flanders.co.uk and visitbelgium.com were multi-lingual about a year ago when I looked. There was a row of 10 international flags with 10 languages down the side. They have discontinued that for some reason. Now its only English , French and Flemish.
Maybe the multilingualism made it too unwieldy.
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2008
Dubai Gold Souk

BONGGGG!!!!!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 23, 2008
Traveller,

Stop being so hyped up, no-one is being racist towards you, it's the normal comments you get with the English, Irish, Werlsh Scots, but then unfortunately some of you do tend to have a rather big chip on your shoulder. Stop bleating on 'pun intended!' about it as you really will get no sympathy round here.

Try comnig here and being of Asian origin, then you'd really know what it feels like to be on the end of racial discrimination!

Couldn't get on your link and it doesn't really matter who you are, didn't know that everybody is somebody in Dubai? I've worked in the media here for nearly five years, and I hate the 'don't you know who I am' attitude, because no-one will care.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 23, 2008
gmvgoethe,
Further to what I said,next-door Netherlands has www.visitholland.com, which is still multi-lingual. Their site is in Dutch, French, German, English, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
[ Don't say there's no Arabic. Maybe the Arabs would not go to the Amsterdam red light district ,which covers a huge part of the city]

Now THAT is selling to the world ! How many Dubai sites even approach that sort of multi-lingualism?

Unbelievably though, the Netherlands is only marketing, with the name Holland, when the world knows the country as Netherlands. You'd think that if they used visit-netherlands.com as well, and pointed it to their visitholland site, that they would get hundreds of thousands more onto their web-site.
I should imagine that a Dutchman could make a fortune out of
a visit-netherlands.com site. It could market anything , big time.
The Dutch Govt is being clever with multi-lingualism and stupid by not using the name that THEY and the world, use for their country.
It is the NETHERLANDS Olympic and football teams. The country is NEDERLAND in Dutch. So why does the Govt not use both? Crazy in my opinion. Holland is , strictly, only PART of the Netherlands. It means "lowland". Hence Holland in the Fens of England too.
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2008
traveller wrote:Paham mae un o Gymru yn cysylltu y Cymry gyda defaid?

By the way, go to visit-dubai.co.uk ;
click the BLUE AD on the TOP LEFT of the front page.
The title is "BUY A PROPERTY IN DUBAI"
Click on the first 3 pages of that and you might realise who I am!
You might have a shock!

LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA
By the blue ad on top left you mean the google ad?
moron
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 23, 2008
Actually I'd like to differ on that, many people still don't know - particularly in this region - where the Netherlands is, but they all know the name Holland.

As someone who works in the retail industry, all our products are stated as 'Produce/Product of Holland' - nobody uses the Netherlands.

Also I have many many Dutch friends and I have very rarely heard them mention the 'Netherlands' they all just say they're from Holland.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 23, 2008
Chocoholic,
Come off it Choc !
You say the "Welsh sheep shagger" thing is a NORMAL British banter thing. Rubbish!!
Go ahead......tell me what the equivalent ENGLISH insult is!! There isn't one ,is there? NOT EVEN CLOSE TO IT !!
I have heard the English say that about the Welsh SO MANY times!
So tell us what the equivalent anti-English cliched insult is? Now you are flummoxed!!
You try saying something 10 per cent as bad as that ABOUT THE ENGLISH and they come back with BOTH BOOTS,because they can't TAKE IT!!!
I will give you a scenario . Put an English stand-up comic in an ENGLISH WORKING CLASS CLUB.
He'll tell "Paki" jokes. They ROAR with laughter!!
He'll tell "thick Irish Paddy" jokes. They laugh even louder!
He'll tell "Welsh sheep-shagging " jokes . LOUDER STILL!!

But let him TRY.....even TRY......to start telling ENGLISH JOKES!!
The SILENCE will increase with each joke !! THEN THE BARRACKING WILL START!! THE BARRACKING THEN GROWS INTO NASTINESS TOWARDS THE COMEDIAN.
BUT it NEVER HAPPENS, because NO COMEDIAN WOULD TELL ENGLISH JOKES TO THE ENGLISH!!

The truth is that the ENGLISH HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO HAND IT OUT..............BUT THEY HAVE NEVER, EVER BEEN ABLE TO TAKE IT!!
It is THEIR RACISM . They PRETEND it's even handed....but it is not.
You will NEVER see an Englishman laugh at an "ENGLISH JOKE"!

Your RACIST mate Arnie is typical. I didn't start the insults. I said NOTHING ABOUT THE " ENGLISH" DID I? BUT WHAT DOES HE DO TO GET BACK AT ME?? HE USES OVERT RACISM!! TYPICAL!!

Go on Choc! Tell us an "ENGLISH" joke that makes the rounds in ENGLAND !
Tell us ANYTHING that is 10 per cent as insulting as bestiality!
You CAN'T !!
AND WHEN I DEFEND MYSELF.......IT IS ME THAT IS GETTING SERIOUS........NOT YOUR MATES XPCLOWN AND ARNIE!.......Who STARTED IT !!
You WON'T castigate them, will you? They are untouchable, because you are biased as well, I'm afraid !
Funnily enough, do you know there are FAR MORE SHEEP in England than in Wales.....simply because England has six times the area of Wales!!
NO-ONE IN ENGLAND STARTED ENGLISH SHEEP JOKES THOUGH.....NO CHANCE!!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2008
Spoonman,
Sure! The Google Ad on the top left of visit-dubai.co.uk. That's what I said ! I said if you want to know something about me, look through it! There is a clue there. Simple!
Are you thick?
You must be a MORON too if I am one!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2008
You really are a f**king retard!!!

Google Ads are regional specific. The whole point is they change to offer you relevant advertising based on where you are!!!

So come on then f**k wit - spill the beans!!! :roll:
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 23, 2008
Choc,
Good grief!! Of course most of the world says NETHERLANDS, not Holland.
It is the NETHERLANDS competing in the Olympics !! My Times concise Atlas has NETHERLANDS written across the country !!Any BRITISH PHONE BOOK has Netherlands for the international code!! My National Geographic atlas has Netherlands written across the country!!
Those atlases ALONE are sold in MILLIONS world-wide!!
The islands in the Caribbean are the NETHERLANDS ANTILLES, not the Holland Antilles!!
Loads of INSTITUTIONS in the Netherlands begin with the word Netherlands , not Holland. Check it out on the internet!
Holland is a minority usage compared to the term Netherlands!
Anyway, you would think that a COUNTRY would use BOTH to feed its tourism internet site to COVER ALL TERMS. Common-sense!!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2008
Gt Mash,
Is there something wrong with you? You mentioned "dubai gold souk" in YOUR email to Goethe. You were taking the p*ss out of me......so I REPLIED!! So what do you expect?

No good going "Bong" pal. You can bong all day if you are going to keep mentioning "dubai gold souk" [ Is that Bong! Bong! now?] which I said pointed to visit-uae.co.uk.
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2008
XP Clown,
Charming!! Is the heat getting to you or are your piles playing up?
Camels don't help !! They're very lumpy!!
Don't you think I know that Google Ads are area specific. I said to go to the one entitled" Buy a property in Dubai" on the top left of visit-dubai.co.uk when you go into Google UK.
Is there a different ad showing out there if you go into that site on Google UK, or is Big Brother out there blocking certain things on the internet?
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 23, 2008
Keywords:

Atlas, Google Ads, Netherlands

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat