Advice Please - Job Mistake

Topic locked
Advice Please - Job Mistake Apr 20, 2008
Unfortunately my husband trusted a friend and didn't do enough research himself regarding a job. He has signed a contract and recieved residency through an employer from Abu Dhabi but the job position and benefits are not what was promised to him (but is what is on the contract). They tell him that better opportunities will come in the future but now he has seen how it operates we dont trust this. He has a 6 month probation period which we thought he could leave in but now he has been told by his employer that if he leaves the company within the next 2 years he will recieve an employment ban.
So is this information true?
Does the employment ban only apply to Abu Dhabi or all UAE?
How do "free zones" work and can he get employed there regardless of a ban?
Any help would be much appreciated thanks!

Newee
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 20, 2008
Well technically according to most contracts, employee and employer can part compnay at anytime during the probation period without notice. Check the wording of the contract.

I would have to ask, at what point did the differences occur? I mean did he sign a contract stating certain things, and then when he started is not getting them?

Go to the Labour department, where he can get advice and lodge a complaint against the company if need be.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum