Someone Tied A Dog's Legs Together...

Topic locked
Someone tied a dog's legs together... Mar 31, 2008
So I am on my way home tonight and my neighbour called me. Apparently someone tied a dog's legs together (LF-LR & RF-RR) in our neighbourhood. Obviously the dog was terrified and would not let us approach. My neighbour called me because the wife is associated with a vet clinic and thought maybe she could help. Sadly, she was still at work.

Anyway, with a bowl of cat food, some water and sweet talk, myself and our neighbourhood "dog whisperer" managed to sweet talk the puppy and untie him. His legs are raw, but he will be okay.

He is now at the neighbour's house, full belly, plays with a tennis ball and answers to "Trevor" (unbelievable). Now that he is free, he is a different animal. Anyway, we have a micro chip reading tool and will have a look tomorrow who owns this dog (he has a collar, so hopefully a microchip).

I am wondering, what kind of degenerate does this to an animal? I would have taken a pic, but I was a little too concerned with getting him free. Should we name and shame, or just call the cops? What do you think?

I propose I microchip the owner, tie his/her arms and legs together, set him free in the desert and see if anyone comes to claim him when his malnourished carcass winds up in a strange neighbourhood.

dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2008
my heart goes out to the poor dog and hugs to the kind hearted souls who rescued him... including you :)
Ragdoll
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 31, 2008
Definitely not one for the very short "things to do in Dubai" list.
Good thing there are still people here who cares :wink:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Re: Someone tied a dog's legs together... Mar 31, 2008
dubaidog wrote:I propose I microchip the owner, tie his/her arms and legs together, set him free in the desert and see if anyone comes to claim him when his malnourished carcass winds up in a strange neighbourhood.

IF the owner was the person responsible.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 31, 2008
id say report the entire incident to the cops.
also make sure the dog finds a good home - if proven that the owner actually did this. and of course good work saving the poor pooch....

but like ian said, the owner may have nothing to do with it, however it maybe partly the owners fault in the negligence department.... it will be determined if the owner reported the dog missing, or not. because any human that cares for his dog would go ape sh!t if the dog went missing for hours...
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 31, 2008
Sad to say folks, Trevor disappeared last night from the neighbour's yard. He was sleeping like a (very full) baby at 1am. We will keep our eyes open, that's for sure. I really don't know who is responsible. It looks like he was hobbled like they do with camels, but in a bad way. The bandages were imbedded in his skin, so they had been there for a while. The knots were too tight to be the work of kids.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Apr 01, 2008
:(
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 01, 2008
Some of this stuff is the result of pure "ignorance" but more often than not it is just viciousness.

I'm very tolerant kind of person but cruelty to animals and children should not be tolerated by any society.

Dubaidog, I hope you find Trevor. And if you find who did it let me know... I know people in high places and in low places...

At the emd "Karma" will get the bastards...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 01, 2008
Concord wrote:

Abso-FRIGGIN-lutely.

No sign of the Trevster this morning. He was so emaciated, though, and shoveled in so much food, he knows where to come back for a fix. We figure he squeezed thru the bars in gate seeing as the gate itself was locked. The bars are only 15cm apart, so that should indicate how malnourished he is/was. He looked like he had some Border Collie in him, and was a bit taller than that breed. He SHOULD have weighed about 50-60 pounds and should not have been able to squeeze thru the gate. We'll see...
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Apr 01, 2008
dubaidog wrote:
Concord wrote:

Abso-FRIGGIN-lutely.

No sign of the Trevster this morning. He was so emaciated, though, and shoveled in so much food, he knows where to come back for a fix. We figure he squeezed thru the bars in gate seeing as the gate itself was locked. The bars are only 15cm apart, so that should indicate how malnourished he is/was. He looked like he had some Border Collie in him, and was a bit taller than that breed. He SHOULD have weighed about 50-60 pounds and should not have been able to squeeze thru the gate. We'll see...

No need to reveal it in public but if you want pm me where you are an if I know anyone from the area I'lll tell them to be on the look out (and can call K-9 Friends to see If a dog from that area turned up, etc.)
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 01, 2008
I hope you find him, that's a terrible story.

However on a medical note, you need to be very very careful when feeding animals who've been starved, as glutting themselves can actually send their system into shock. Little bits at a time and slowly slowly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 02, 2008
Concs...sent you a PM

Chocs...you are right, but it was the only way to get him to chill while we got the ropes off him. Mrs. DD works in the Vet. trade, so I was following her advice.

Trevor Update:

Apparently half our neighbourhood is on the Forum that Mrs. Dubaidog frequents. Without stirring the poop-pot here, I'll make a long story short. Someone(s) on her Forum knows who the dog is and where it lives, and they have even addressed the people before. We have a contact number now and can locate the dog (apparently)Mrs. DD is following up.

Is it better to call the muni? the police? K9 friends? or should we just go and dog-nap him?
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Apr 02, 2008
Jesus... death by forum witch hunt.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 02, 2008
You can call the Municipality as they do have an animal abuse unit now apparently. K9 Friends will definately help you get the dog out if it is being abused, but they're totally full at the moment.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 02, 2008
Dubai Dog, I'm really blown away by your consistency in helping this dog. I have found your soft side too.
will you pay my rent?
spoonman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 02, 2008
hunt the b@stard down, feed him his own medicine - report it to every agency that would inflict any sort of penalty on him, be it financial or other.

everyone should take a page of dubaidogs and treat other animals as they themselves would like to be treated.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 02, 2008
Gotta say that I'm appalled by cruelty of this type. It takes a certain baseness of character to be doing such obviously nasty things.

Me and TCCKAMG got our moggy from Feline Friends and it breaks my heart whenever I go in there and hear the horror stories that these poor animals have been put through.

If kharma is your thing, just know that these cowardlt bstds will reap their rewards in the next life.
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat