Obtaining A Driving Licence In Dubai

Topic locked
Obtaining a Driving Licence in Dubai Apr 01, 2008
Hi to all members at dubai forums,

I'd be able to help you get info on obtaining a driving licence in dubai.

Feel free to contact me for any queries related to this field.

Cheers,
Jaff

JAFFAR
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 01, 2008
I'm a concerned wanna be driver.. 2 tests down.. What information can u give to help me get my DL in the third try.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 01, 2008
And if you do a search in the Expat Help section, I think you'll find everything relating to driving licences has been answered to death. We're full of info round here you know.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Obtaining a Driving Licence in Dubai Apr 01, 2008
JAFFAR wrote:Hi to all members at dubai forums,

I'd be able to help you get info on obtaining a driving licence in dubai.

Feel free to contact me for any queries related to this field.

Cheers,
Jaff

If you have information then please post here.

If you are selling a "service" good luck..
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 01, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:I'm a concerned wanna be driver.. 2 tests down.. What information can u give to help me get my DL in the third try.

It depends on what were your previous mistakes. Make sure that you are well versed about aspects like lane changing (the most important), mirrors, indicators, shoulder checks, and to have full control of the vehicle. Even if you make small mistakes, you will always be given a chance to correct them.

So, even if u make a minor mistake, it shouldn't disturb your driving till the inspector asks you to stop the vehicle.

All the best mate ! ! !
JAFFAR
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 01, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:I'm a concerned wanna be driver.. 2 tests down.. What information can u give to help me get my DL in the third try.

It depends on what were your previous mistakes. Make sure that you are well versed about aspects like lane changing (the most important), mirrors, indicators, shoulder checks, and to have full control of the vehicle. Even if you make small mistakes, you will always be given a chance to correct them.

So, even if u make a minor mistake, it shouldn't disturb your driving till the inspector asks you to stop the vehicle.

All the best mate ! ! !
JAFFAR
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 01, 2008

All the best mate ! ! !
JAFFAR
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 01, 2008
Or unless the 'quota' for that particular week has already been filled, we all know how this works here.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 01, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Or unless the 'quota' for that particular week has already been filled, we all know how this works here.

How? I don't know (but I don't know much..)
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 01, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Or unless the 'quota' for that particular week has already been filled, we all know how this works here.

Please explain your "quota" theory, sounds interesting
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dubai Driving License Apr 03, 2008
Dear Jafar

I am currently udergoing classes. Three of my colleagues have recetly got their Licenses. Two out of them got in first attempt. What I could conclude from their feedback is. Nothing works. Neither your training classes, nor your instructors expert tips.

It all depends on how that "gentlemen" had his day started !!!

All about luck and mood.....aftering paying so much and spending time energy......Yeeeaoh !!!

CHeers
bilal_dubai
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Dubai Driving License Apr 05, 2008
bilal_dubai wrote:

"gentlemen" is the extremely polite way of putting it :D
you are spot on friend, its not the way you drive or the mistakes that count, it all depends on the RTA dude sitting in the passenger seat.
hell ive seen people getting failed without even driving the car!! they just sat in the backseat dumbstruck trying to figure out what they did wrong.
welcome to dubai, and i wish everyone all the best in getting a dubai license.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Dubai Driving License Apr 05, 2008
bilal_dubai wrote:

"gentlemen" is the extremely polite way of putting it :D
you are spot on friend, its not the way you drive or the mistakes that count, it all depends on the RTA dude sitting in the passenger seat.
hell ive seen people getting failed without even driving the car!! they just sat in the backseat dumbstruck trying to figure out what they did wrong.
welcome to dubai, and i wish everyone all the best in getting a dubai license.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Driving licences can be obtained from all emirates Apr 06, 2008
hello Jaffar

do u know any thing regarding the new law " Driving licenses can be obtained from all emirates"

so would it be possible for me to join dubai for learning since i hold a shj visa

also i have already done my classes in shj and attempted 4 tests now :(
SO according to the new law ...........can i join any institute and continue without doing all 40 classes !!! just the transfer classes

thanks
DUKE
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum