Young Married Couple Looking For Apartment, Room In Villa

Topic locked
Young married couple looking for apartment, room in villa Mar 14, 2008
Hi All,

My wife and I are moving from Australia to Dubai at the end of May for between 1 and 3 years. Will be working in the Dubai World Trade Centre. Don't know the property market well in Dubai, but heard I can rent a 2 bed Villa in the Arabian Ranches for under AED 60,000 per year.

I don't really want to spend more than this - any suggestions?

- rent a room/share in a villa?
- rent a 1 or 2 bed apartment?
- prefer something within 45 mins drive to work, shopping etc.

Budget is around AED 60,000 per year
Willing to travel up to around 45 mins peak hour to work
Clean, tidy and vibrant couple - non smokers, light drinkers, professionals.

Appreciate any help people could offer - email or forum replies ok.

Thanks!
:D

Carlo
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 15, 2008
Hi,

we are renting (only europeans) a big villa in umm suqeim. directly on shekih zayed road. from there to marina its only 5 min drive. to trade center its also 10 minutes.

we have a free master bedroom which cost 80000 yearly. the house is A+ condition. everything is clean and new. there is also big swimming pool ( 40 square in the back) and all people in the villa share the kitchen. there is a mate also.

050 3691648

thanks
matthias
Chrome-and-Carbon.com
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 15, 2008
Hi,
I got one bed room from Nakhil, International city, 15 minutes from trade center for 53000 yearly. try them its good deal and very nice place.
Good luck
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Young married couple looking for apartment, room in vill Mar 16, 2008
Carlo wrote:but heard I can rent a 2 bed Villa in the Arabian Ranches for under AED 60,000 per year.
:D

Don't know where you heard this. it will cost you 5 or 6000 a month just to rent a room in an apartment/villa

www.dubizzle.com
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 17, 2008
Scarlet - a search on the web for villas in the Arabian Ranches showed a couple of 2 bed villas were about AED 60,000. Of course, you can read anything on the net. What do you think I could expect to pay for a 1 or 2 bed villa?

YasrKasem - are you renting a one bedroom apartment or just one bedroom in a villa/apartment for that?

Matthias - your option sounds good if we are going to share. Does the master bedroom have an ensuite? How are the bills/expenses worked out? What furniture would we need to bring if we were to accept? And also, how long would the lease be for (we could be in Dubai for up to 3 years)?

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Carlo.
Carlo
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 17, 2008
don't know where you are searching the,

try the link I put in my previous post. Also go to bhomes.com and you will see at Arabian ranches it starts at 140,000 for a 2 bed villa
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 19, 2008
Arabian ranches you will be paying at least more than double for a 2 bed villa. Just done a quick check on the Better Homes website and the cheapest you'll get a 2 bed villa for is 140,000 Dhs

The cheapest place for villas is still Mirdiff, but then you'd be lucky to get anything under 100,000 a year.

1 bed apartments you can't get for less than 70,000- 80,000.

As has been said, the cheapest place for apartments is International City, their 1 beds start at around 53,000 - 55,000 and go from there.

I have to say 80,000 Dhs for a room in a shared villa! Where is the privacy?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai