Ever Had A "Tiki Puka"????

Topic locked
Ever had a "Tiki Puka"???? Mar 15, 2008
Holy cow...went to the Madinat last night at a friend's invitation to try a few places. Here's a review:

BARZAR.....good live music, not too loud, usual over-priced drinks, but why the heck are there NO seats in the place? There were ZERO stools/chairs on the lower level, and only about 10 on the upper level. Anyone been there before and can comment?

LEFT BANK...cool atmosphere, good outdoor seating.

TRADER VIC'S.....Funky latin-fusion band playing. A few couples dancing, a few dressed to impress..seemed like a good "date" place. Sat outside and had a few of these "Tiki Pukas". Holy cow, you sure feel them when you stand up. Anyone ever been bitten by these cocktails?

FIBBER MAGEES: Not in the Madinat, but in the spirit of ST. Patty's day why not try an Irish pub for a late-night pop? Small little tavern, impossible to find, Irish band playing (maybe just for St. Patrick's Day?). Friendly staff, but a bit of a dump compared to the above.

WAYYYYY too late of a night, but a pleasant change from our usual Hard Rock Cafe/Barasti nights. Still need to check out Rock Bottom as someone recommended before.

dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 15, 2008
Oh god or should that be Tiki Puke-a, they're lethal!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 16, 2008
There is a story about an infamous tiki tiki puka night at Trader Vics at the Madinat. However, as I was actually there, I am prohibited from telling it.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 16, 2008
Luckily I kept my consumption down....others were not so fortunate! Kind of reminds me of the time the gang "discovered" Absinthe (the real stuff) in Spain.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 18, 2008
Ha Ha, had five of them in one evening at trader vics last month. Great night, not so great morning!! Ha ha!! Where does anyone recommend for a few down by the Marina?
Felix
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat