Chicken & Mushroom With Alfredo Sauce

Topic locked
Chicken & Mushroom with Alfredo Sauce Mar 01, 2008
I wanted this for dinner, and went to about 4 websites looking for the recipe.

Most went like this:

1. Cook chicken with mushrooms
2. Add Alfredo sauce

Am I missing something here? Why have cooking sites when they don't actually deal with HOW TO COOK!

Adding crapp out of a jar is not cooking.

Anyway, I eventually found the recipe for Alfredo sauce, went to the co-op to get ingredients and came home and made it. Tasted better than you'd ever get out of a jar.

Then I watched No Country for Old Men.. and grew old watching it.... but that's another thread.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 02, 2008
thanks for sharing this part of your life with us

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Mar 02, 2008
Are you master chef?
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 02, 2008
Ian, you wanna post the recipe up? Or share the website?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
Well, I had to improvise due to restrictions on stuff that is available.

So my improvised recipe for Alfredo sauce is:

Get a saucepan and set it on medium heat
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 table spoon of butter
add 1 tablespoon of fresh crushed garlic
add in about 1 tablespoon of thyme and cook for 1 minute
add in 1 teaspoon of curry powder. The real recipe called for Cayenne pepper but could not find this at co-op. Curry powder did the trick.
simmer for another minute.
Add in 1/2 cup of whipping cream and 1/2 cup of milk and bring to simmer again.
simmer for 2 minutes or until slightly frothy then add a handful of parmesan cheese, simmer until cheese has melted and mixed through.
Add black pepper and salt to taste.

Add to pre-cooked chicken and mushroom, and then serve on top of pasta.
^ian^

Mar 02, 2008
Sounds very tasty, are you saying you cooked?

I thought you were a man?
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 02, 2008
And what's wrong with men cooking? In case you didn't notice all the most famous Chef's are men.

Oh sorry I forgot, you wouldn't know how as you get your personal cook,maid,wife to cook and run around like slaves for you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
Sounds fab Ian, thanks for that!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
Sheikhmo wrote:Sounds very tasty, are you saying you cooked?

I thought you were a man?

Well... if I sat around waiting for stuff to cook itself, I'd probably be a lot skinnier.
^ian^

Mar 02, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:And what's wrong with men cooking? In case you didn't notice all the most famous Chef's are men.

Oh sorry I forgot, you wouldn't know how as you get your personal cook,maid,wife to cook and run around like slaves for you.

I am not married so position vacant but please do not apply.
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 02, 2008
Who'd want to! Don't date locals, or any Arab men for that matter! Have done in the past, but quite frankly I like my men to act like real men, not spoilt brats!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
So anyway, it was yum... and I have tried Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo at Japengo and other places, but I think mine is the best in Dubai.

I should make it and put it in Jars, and setup a website.

www.howtomakealfredosauce.com
^ian^

Mar 02, 2008
I think you're right you know Ian, it's one of my favourite dishes, and I've tried many here, but they always seem to be lacking in something.

The one I like best is at Il Rustico in Rydges Plaza, or surpirsingly enough the one that Pizza Hut do, it's really not bad.

Hmmm maybe the forum should organise a cooking night, where we can bring dishes from all over the world - could be interesting.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Hmmm maybe the forum should organise a cooking night, where we can bring dishes from all over the world - could be interesting.

It might all be just fish and chips!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Who'd want to! Don't date locals, or any Arab men for that matter! Have done in the past, but quite frankly I like my men to act like real men, not spoilt brats!

Ignorant statement, just like Sheikhmo's. Though I think he was joking...I think.

^ian^ wrote:Well, I had to improvise due to restrictions on stuff that is available.

So my improvised recipe for Alfredo sauce is:

Get a saucepan and set it on medium heat
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 table spoon of butter
add 1 tablespoon of fresh crushed garlic
add in about 1 tablespoon of thyme and cook for 1 minute
add in 1 teaspoon of curry powder. The real recipe called for Cayenne pepper but could not find this at co-op. Curry powder did the trick.
simmer for another minute.
Add in 1/2 cup of whipping cream and 1/2 cup of milk and bring to simmer again.
simmer for 2 minutes or until slightly frothy then add a handful of parmesan cheese, simmer until cheese has melted and mixed through.
Add black pepper and salt to taste.

Add to pre-cooked chicken and mushroom, and then serve on top of pasta.

I think i'll try that...sounds yummy! But pretty sure i'll mess it up.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2008
Good recipie... will try it tonight. Someone put the fire department on alert :lol:
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2008
You reckon Concs? I don't know, I can russle up a mean Chilli, curry, roast, pretty much have a go at anything.

MC, don't care what you think I speak regarding personal experiences. Many are nice to have a friends - yes, but anything more, hell no.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
So from the few Arabs you've dated you decided to make a ridiculous statement insulting a whole race. Maybe it had something to do with you choosing the wrong people? It really is easier to blame the other side, or in your case, a whole other race.
I'm not spoilt nor are any of my friends. There are a few exceptions but nothing that would lead me to make such a conclusion. I think using your logic, let's deduce that all Arabs are also terrorists...That seems like it's about as true as your first statement.

And uhh yeah the recipe, will try....soon....crap have nothing to say about the original topic. :?
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2008
Concord wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Hmmm maybe the forum should organise a cooking night, where we can bring dishes from all over the world - could be interesting.

It might all be just fish and chips!

Count the chicken's feet....dawg... :wink:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 02, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:You reckon Concs? I don't know, I can russle up a mean Chilli, curry, roast, pretty much have a go at anything.

Well its kind of culanary stereotyping but kind of true.

Anyways, at a friend of mine's dauther's school they had "international food day" and there were some interesting dishes. For the Amercian food they had "popcorn"!

Couriously (as I posted in travel) I was in Tblisi and someone took me to a Local Georgian restaurant to order authentic Georgian food. I was quite surprised as this consisted of black bean soup, Dumplings (huge ones) and some sort of pizza thing. I would have never thought of black been soup or dumblings (and it seemend everyone at the place was eating them)!!

What's australian food anyway?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2008
Concord wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:You reckon Concs? I don't know, I can russle up a mean Chilli, curry, roast, pretty much have a go at anything.

Anyways, at a friend of mine's dauther's school they had "international food day" and there were some interesting dishes. For the Amercian food they had "popcorn"!

Couriously (as I posted in travel) I was in Tblisi and someone took me to a Local Georgian restaurant to order authentic Georgian food. I was quite surprised as this consisted of black bean soup, Dumplings (huge ones) and some sort of pizza thing. I would have never thought of black been soup or dumblings (and it seemend everyone at the place was eating them)!!

**** on toast.

Was terrible when there was a bread shortage.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2008
[quote="MC"]So from the few Arabs you've dated you decided to make a ridiculous statement insulting a whole race. Maybe it had something to do with you choosing the wrong people? It really is easier to blame the other side, or in your case, a whole other race.
I'm not spoilt nor are any of my friends. There are a few exceptions but nothing that would lead me to make such a conclusion. I think using your logic, let's deduce that all Arabs are also terrorists...That seems like it's about as true as your first statement. quote]

Don't go down that route, as I've always stood against teh branding as terrorists tag as everyone who knows me on here will vouch for.

But when it comes to dealing with women, sorry the majority of these guys don't have a clue, they think they can buy anything and the approaches are sleazy. And many of my female friends will say the same thing. There's no class.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
Dr.D wrote:
Concord wrote:

**** on toast.

Was terrible when there was a bread shortage.

I thought that was an English dish (a.k.a. beans on toast) :pukeright:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2008
I love beans on toast, scrambled egg on toast, cheese on toast, cheese, bean and ham toasties - mmmm toast!

You could always head down to Yahala in Karama and get Brains on toast with French 'Fairies'!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:I love beans on toast, scrambled egg on toast, cheese on toast, cheese, bean and ham toasties - mmmm toast!

You could always head down to Yahala in Karama and get Brains on toast with French 'Fairies'!

Beans on toast has got to be the grossest thing on earth. Although I never tried them (nor will I ever)! No matter how drunk or hungry!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2008
But why? And it has to be Heinz baked beans, nothing ele will do!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:But why? And it has to be Heinz baked beans, nothing ele will do!

the thought of baked beans in the mornign is repulsive!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Don't go down that route, as I've always stood against teh branding as terrorists tag as everyone who knows me on here will vouch for.

No, I never said you were like that, but I was just giving an example of another way you can use your own logic. Regardless of whether you care what I think or not, nothing good can come out of it.

Chocoholic wrote:But when it comes to dealing with women, sorry the majority of these guys don't have a clue, they think they can buy anything and the approaches are sleazy. And many of my female friends will say the same thing. There's no class.

Fair enough...

And oh yeah mmmm beans and uhh food and stuff...yeah it's...great! :?
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2008
I feel the same way about Tapioca, nothing in the world could make me eat that stuff!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
Sheikhmo wrote:I am not married so position vacant but please do not apply.

Who can apply?
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat