Organizing A Visit Visa?

Topic locked
Organizing a visit visa? Nov 13, 2005
I have a friend coming to visit me on his way to Sri Lanka, the friend is a Canadian citizen (originally Sri Lankan) his kids are born in Canada and also have a Canadian passport but his wife is just a Canadian resident, she’ll be traveling on her Sri Lankan passport.

How do I get her a visit visa? they are coming for 4 days in the beginning of December. I really have no idea where to begin so any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 14, 2005
Good question; maybe it's answered on this forum already, but I just looked at the Embassy's website in Ottawa and found nothing pertaining to being a resident/landed status visa to the UAE...I shall give them a call tomorrow or just walk to the Embassy it's only couple of blocks from where I work...hope I won't forget :)
Acebravo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 14, 2005
Thanks Ace, that is very generous of you.

I did do a search before posting, (I have a pet peeve about people asking answered questions)

I'm going to try and go to the immigration office tomorrow and try to figure out what I need, some people said a letter from my company and an AED 5000 deposit that'll be refunded when she leaves, the letter may be hard because my boss/signatory of the company lives in Australia but I'll see what the immigration people say.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 14, 2005
I just called the Embassy; unfortunately, she will have to obtain a visitor's visa through a sponsor :(
Acebravo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 16, 2005
Fayz, you can sponser her...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 17, 2005
I asked one of the office guys at a company that i'm doing some work for and he is going to help me get everything organized, thank you all for your help. I really do appreciate it.

I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum