Question On Driving License

Topic locked
Question on Driving License May 19, 2007
Hi Guys,

My friend from Singapore wishes to have his driving license converted to the Dubai driving license without the need to go for the driving test.

However, he is blind in the right eye and I understand there would be an eye test during the conversion at the centre.

Will RTA allow him to have his Dubai driving license since he is partially blind?

Thanks!

Gene
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 19, 2007
I think you'd have to speak to someone in the traffic department about that one.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 19, 2007
The eye test is normally done for both eyes, as Chocs says you will have to enquire with the Authorities whether this will be allowed or not.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Which is more easier? Driving License from AbuDhabi or Dubai Sep 03, 2007
Dear Friends,

I'm working as an Electrical Engineer, in Abu Dhabi.
I may get transfer to Dubai after 1 year.
The company is going to apply for my Employment Visa. Since they are having branches in Dubai & Abu Dhabi , they can get either Visa from both of these emirates. Also I can tell them, which visa to take.

I have heard that , Taking Driving License in Abu Dhabi is tougher compared to that of Dubai...Is it true ?

Which is more easier to take ? Driving License from Abu Dhabi or from Dubai ?

How many tests will be there in Abu Dhabi ? How long will it take to get a call to go for driving lessons , after opening the file ?

Please share your opinions with me..
muneerkm
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 03, 2007
:?: :?: Have you asked the same thing in EVERY driving licence topic you could find? I answered it somewhere... There's also driving licence in dubai information that may help.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum