Visa Run With American License??

Topic locked
Visa Run With American License?? May 14, 2007
Hi, I need to do a visa run this weekend, I understand that driving into Oman is the cheapest and quickest way to do this...

HOWEVER I do not have a car and plan to rent one, furthermore I do not have a UAE driving license and will need to rent it with my Pennsylvania license...

will I have any trouble obtaining my visa this way? Like with Omani insurance or anything like that? Any advice greatly appreciated!

Also if anybody knows another way to get a new visa, a cheap airline or maybe a group bus (I think I've hear something about big busses that take groups of people for Visas) please let me know! Thanks.

jenji
Dubai Forums Member

May 14, 2007
why dont you goto Kish, you can fly or take a boat.
http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/07 ... 24516.html
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

May 14, 2007
cheap_Deal wrote:why dont you goto Kish, you can fly or take a boat.
http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/07 ... 24516.html

I think he'll hate you later for suggesting that.

By the way, I don't think rental cars are allowed to be taken outside the country, in most cases.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 14, 2007
I assume from his driving licence that he is a yank, in which case Kish will not be an option!
Rosbif71
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Visa Run With American License?? May 14, 2007
jenji wrote:Hi, I need to do a visa run this weekend, I understand that driving into Oman is the cheapest and quickest way to do this...

HOWEVER I do not have a car and plan to rent one, furthermore I do not have a UAE driving license and will need to rent it with my Pennsylvania license...

will I have any trouble obtaining my visa this way? Like with Omani insurance or anything like that? Any advice greatly appreciated!

Also if anybody knows another way to get a new visa, a cheap airline or maybe a group bus (I think I've hear something about big busses that take groups of people for Visas) please let me know! Thanks.

trouble - http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=15936
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

May 14, 2007
Air Arabia do cheap flights to Muscat from Sharjah
Rosbif71
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 14, 2007
Or Qatar and Emirates do specific visa run flights to Doha.

The oman thing is starting to get more and more difficult, as they're getting peed off with people doing this. A friend did it a couple of weeks ago and they kept her at the border for about half and hour asking loads of questions.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 14, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Or Qatar and Emirates do specific visa run flights to Doha.

The oman thing is starting to get more and more difficult, as they're getting peed off with people doing this. A friend did it a couple of weeks ago and they kept her at the border for about half and hour asking loads of questions.

...no doubt in Arabic and broken English/Hindi.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 14, 2007
gtmash wrote:[quote="

By the way, I don't think rental cars are allowed to be taken outside the country, in most cases.

I think this is correct.

Easiest is probably the flight to Doha and back
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum