Best Course Of Action

Topic locked
Best course of action May 02, 2007
Hi everyone,
I'd like to ask ppl to give their feedback on my situation. I've been in Dubai for less than 3 months. I'd joined a company In Dubai Internet city and after a month, My employer informed me that they were in fact not going ahead with the start up company I had joined and were closing. So i've been given time to look for another job.
My problem is I'd like to be a bit selective and settle for only the rigth job which doesn't seem likely to happen any time soon.
My boss has said to me that he'll give me 2 weeks notice before cancelling my visa if he needed to use it. Now if i don't find a job at the time of being given notice what shud i do? can I apply for a visit visa, exit the country and re-enter? or can i continue looking for a job for another month after cancellation. (becos I've heard u can stay on for 30 days after cancellation?? Pro's and cons???
Help!

ngl_ravi
Dubai Forum Guest

May 03, 2007
After your visa is cancelled, you have 30 days grace period to either transfer it to another company or leave the country. You could then just do a visa run to Doha or something and come back in on a visit visa anyway.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 03, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:After your visa is cancelled, you have 30 days grace period to either transfer it to another company or leave the country. You could then just do a visa run to Doha or something and come back in on a visit visa anyway.

Kish island (YUCK, buddies have done it). For some reason, I hear Doha is not possible.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum