Armed Robbers Raid Wafi Jewelry Store

Topic locked
Armed Robbers raid Wafi Jewelry Store Apr 16, 2007
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 16, 2007
Lt Gen PC PLOD said the robbers emptied the front display of the store. He also said the criminals were unlikely to be of "Arab origin".(could this be because they did not wearing dishdash`s and they showed how very proficient they were driving in the confined area of the mall with out crashing in to any thing on the way out, unlike locals of "Arab origin"who have big problems driving in lane traffic :lol: )
satan-the-redeema
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Armed Robbers raid Wafi Jewelry Store Apr 16, 2007

It was like a robbery out of an old bollywood movie, unimaginable
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

I guess now they really have to watch out for copycats now that people see those things can be pulled off... -_-
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 16, 2007
True, if this thing isn't dealt with properly, we could see worse to come.
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

KageofSoul wrote:I guess now they really have to watch out for copycats now that people see those things can be pulled off... -_-

that's what worries me
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 16, 2007
Purple Complex wrote:True, if this thing isn't dealt with properly, we could see worse to come.

It is only the beginning....
Smart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 16, 2007
Smart wrote:It is only the beginning....

I fear that, but it does seem to be an inevitability. It would be tough, but the best case scenario would be for the police to knuckle down on this specific case and not just catch these criminals, but make a good example of it without making their names infamous, just severely dealt with, because some people enjoy infamy...
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 16, 2007
Smart wrote:
Purple Complex wrote:True, if this thing isn't dealt with properly, we could see worse to come.

Yep. Please invite more Western tourists. Including professional American bank robbers. Imagine that they stole Audi A8s as well as escaped in 9 pm traffic.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 16, 2007
I was present in the midst of all this. It was absolutely horrible and both the newspapers articles have underplayed what happened. The thoughts of suicide bombers, terrorists – who were going to shoot needlessly were abound. Also, there was no real security. The mall was NOT evacuated. Each store did their own thing. Store keepers seem not to have any emergency training and were all shouting, screaming and panicky. We were being asked to leave the store – while I was sitting on the floor, with the kids lying flat just in case somebody came shooting.

I am sure I saw people injured being attended to by paramedics – just as well they planned to do it near closing time and on a weekday – Serious injuries/deaths could have have happened when the simply rammed through the glass gates and drove around!
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 16, 2007
they will catch them and in the klan there be 2 pakis 1 emarati and 1 bengali and 1 russian aswell and maybe one kazakastanian :D
lol how the hell did they get the cars inside lol its a bloody inside job alrite the cleaner was init and so were the secuirty guards.

mind u it does look fake lol we are in dubai so dont trust wot u see cos everything here is fake :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 16, 2007
lovely.....Holllywood infront of ur door step

sings "its ooooooooooooonly gona get beeeeeeeeeeettteeeeeeeeeeeeer"
guest999

Apr 16, 2007
it looks fake cos there are no security guards in that video link.
i thought all malls in the uae had a police office. like they have in sahara city centre.

3rdly when they drive off they drive so slowly cos they dont wanna leave tyre marks on the polish floor :D cos if they did dubai muncipality would have fined them. If it was a real theif he would have done a burnout or maybe a 360 and then get out. :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 16, 2007
rudeboy wrote:it looks fake cos there are no security guards in that video link.
i thought all malls in the uae had a police office. like they have in sahara city centre.

3rdly when they drive off they drive so slowly cos they dont wanna leave tyre marks on the polish floor :D cos if they did dubai muncipality would have fined them. If it was a real theif he would have done a burnout or maybe a 360 and then get out. :D

No... you've been watching FAR too many movies.

Burnouts and 360s are done to make the movie more entertaining. As you can see there was NOTHING entertaining about this event, so don't look to be entertained by it.

Nobody was "In" it, nobody saw it coming and most of all nobody benefited from it. Not even the criminals that are most probably now in hiding will benefit from this, everyone will get their comeuppance.
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 16, 2007
gtmash wrote:
Smart wrote:

Yep. Please invite more Western tourists. Including professional American bank robbers. Imagine that they stole Audi A8s as well as escaped in 9 pm traffic.

I would invite Italian and Russian maphia.
For 9 pm traffic invite Jason Statham ;)
Smart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 16, 2007
these guys will be caught if they try to sell that jewlery in UAE.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 16, 2007
Smart wrote:
gtmash wrote:
Smart wrote:

I would invite Italian and Russian maphia.
For 9 pm traffic invite Jason Statham ;)

I know there's no harm intended. But this seriously isn't a time for jokes on the event. It really isn't funny.
KageofSoul
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 16, 2007
rudeboy wrote:these guys will be caught if they try to sell that jewlery in UAE.

Most probably, but considering the proceedings of the event and the fact they seemed to have the entire event planned. i.e. Stealling cars, and burning them. I'm pretty sure they thought of that well before the event took place. Which is the most disturbing factor of this event is that they seemed to know exactly what they were doing.
Purple Complex
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 16, 2007
It looks like Dubai is the latest place for 'Ram Raids'...... :?
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 16, 2007
Purple Complex wrote:
rudeboy wrote:these guys will be caught if they try to sell that jewlery in UAE.

Most probably, but considering the proceedings of the event and the fact they seemed to have the entire event planned. i.e. Stealling cars, and burning them. I'm pretty sure they thought of that well before the event took place. Which is the most disturbing factor of this event is that they seemed to know exactly what they were doing.

I dont get it. Robbers would definitely know what they r doin. All those movies that i've watched. and this video confirms it. I dont think they would come without proper planning, training and a panache for precise execution.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 16, 2007
THE MOVIE recored by someone in the mall.!!!!

http://bushhab.multiply.com/video/item/31
guest999

Apr 16, 2007
:roll: it's there in the first post.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 16, 2007
Obvious question, but did the person who recorded the video pass it onto the police?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 16, 2007
:twisted:
lion0009
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 16, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote::roll: it's there in the first post.

i always skip :lol:
guest999

Apr 16, 2007
[quote=]

I know there's no harm intended. But this seriously isn't a time for jokes on the event. It really isn't funny.[/quote]

All right, but what shall we do now? Cry? Or grieve? There are more than 40 people died in Iraq today. No one bothers. Here the jewelry was stolen and look!!! the news is on the front page of newspapers.
Do not take everything close to your heart.
Now lets see what Emirates police can do. Personally I do hope they will catch these bad guys. :!: :!: :!:
Smart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 16, 2007
Smart, see what you're saying, however the isues in Iraq are happening on a daily basis now, it's nothing new and there seems to be no end in sight, people become immune to it when they heard about it every single day, it becomes normal life and common place.

However this is the first time anything like this has happened in the UAE. This country was always seen as a place that was very safe, with little crime, but things seem to be going from bad to worse, but that's what happens when you open up your doors to people from around the world. Unless you want to run background checks on everyone coming into your country or psych tests on your locals, then you have to expect some undesirables to get through.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 16, 2007
AFG wrote:I was present in the midst of all this. It was absolutely horrible and both the newspapers articles have underplayed what happened. The thoughts of suicide bombers, terrorists – who were going to shoot needlessly were abound. Also, there was no real security. The mall was NOT evacuated. Each store did their own thing. Store keepers seem not to have any emergency training and many were shouting, screaming and panicky. We were being asked to leave the store – while I was sitting on the floor, with the kids lying flat just in case somebody came shooting.

I am sure I saw people injured being attended to by paramedics – just as well they planned to do it near closing time and on a weekday – Serious injuries/deaths could have have happened when the simply rammed through the glass gates and drove around!

Not funny - but yes we are all joking about today evening being boring.
AFG
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 16, 2007
I think the guys who done the robbery deffo got their ideas from a movie :) i dont understand what the big deal is, armed robberies happen all the time all over the world. It was going to happen in Dubai sooner or later and its happend sooner.

Its true that this is not funny but then it aint something world changing iswell. Stuff like this is part of life.

I would say as long as the people behind this get punished then its all good.

Does anyone have any ideas what movie it was :)
kay1730
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 16, 2007
Smart wrote:
gtmash wrote:
Smart wrote:I would invite Italian and Russian maphia.

you should change you're nick dude...

I would hardly classify you as Smart if you cant spell Mafia
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat