Motivation

Topic locked
Motivation Apr 11, 2007
Can anybody tell me, as an employee, how and by what you would like to be motivated, apart from money?

Thanks

Larissa20
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 11, 2007
Promotion is ofcourse one of the oldest strategy. Along with that what a person needs is respect from boss and collegues, a friendly atmosphere and outings/vacations now and then with the company's expense.
Aeliya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 11, 2007
money is everything!!!!

apart from money, i go for good boss... someone i look up to, with excellent leadership skills and priceless wisdom :wink:
panaghoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 12, 2007
There are many motivators for a career minded individual, however the four main motivators are

Recognition
Money
Career Development
Job Satisfaction

What Aeliya said about company outings, paid for by the company, in my opinion should be a perfect reason not to hire someone.
Dutchtoon
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 12, 2007
Mr Dutchtoon… Company outing is one method used for motivating the employees which I guess almost every second company in India is privileged with.
It is a way to show the employer's appreciation towards the employee's hard work through out the week/quarter/year and hence the employee feels rewarded and motivated.
The employees also tend to like the job and place of work better because they get to know the colleagues well during the outing.
The employees feels that the company is not making them work like machines but takes care of them by giving them a relaxing break!!!
Aeliya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 12, 2007
Aeliya wrote:Mr Dutchtoon… Company outing is one method used for motivating the employees which I guess almost every second company in India is privileged with.
It is a way to show the employer's appreciation towards the employee's hard work through out the week/quarter/year and hence the employee feels rewarded and motivated.
The employees also tend to like the job and place of work better because they get to know the colleagues well during the outing.
The employees feels that the company is not making them work like machines but takes care of them by giving them a relaxing break!!!

I guess you're talking about team building days, however if an employee is not motivated by any of the 4 criteria I suggested then I would assume they are in the wrong line of work.
Dutchtoon
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai