Neglecting Soul And Beautifying Body

Topic locked
Neglecting Soul and Beautifying Body Mar 16, 2007
saalamalaikum,
Today, there is a tremendous emphasis on beautifying oneself and taking care of one’s body such as gym, diet, cosmetics etc. I do not say this is prohibited but one should seek with what intention one is doing these things. It should not in no way lead to pride since pride blackens the heart and makes a person foolish.
This is an excellent excerpt from one of the letters of Sheikh Saeed Ahmad.

Neglecting Soul and Beautifying Body

The soul is subjected to an unseen system which has linked itself to man’s body. Man’s attention is generally focused on to the body which sees, hears and makes other movements. But this is evident from the fact that the hands, eyes etc. won’t function once the soul departs from the body. Once the soul leaves the body, nobody is prepared to keep the body of even the most famous personality at home for a single day. So the soul is the essence by which man displays marvelous wonders. He brings about great inventions, thanks to the soul.

(An amazing example)
The soul is likened to the rider and the body is likened to his conveyance. The soul is riding atop the body. For example, the jockey riding a horse. The rider is the soul and the horse is like the body. Now if a person riding on a horse comes to you as your guest, will you honor the rider or the horse? You will feed the horse with grass or whatever but make vigorous arrangements for the rider intending to satisfy him to the best of your ability.

However, today everything is upside down. The conveyance(the body) is well fed and embellished but nobody seems to pay any attention to the rider (the soul). Nobody is concerned about the rider’s (soul’s) nourishment, how it can gain strength, what are the ingredients to render it fragrant and clean? Alas! People neither cleanse it nor is there any importance attached to it. Everything is done for the conveyance i.e. the body. Only the body is washed, day in and day out the body receives attention. For the body alone man deceives others. In short, we do everything for the body but we pay no attention to the soul whatsoever.
(If you have benefited from this article, raise your hands and pray for me and send it to others)

SheikhOnDeRun
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 17, 2007
What are some suggestions for "feeding" the soul? (besides the obvious: prayer etc.)
freza
Dubai chat master

Mar 17, 2007
'The soul brings about great inventions'? Yeah right ok, like the power to kill other human beings.

Most people on this planet are souless, so who cares anyway.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 17, 2007
I agree with this, but I would also say this is even more the case with technologies (weapons) disease through over population and a planet which is soon to cook us alive as it heats up through C-02 emissions.

But yes we have a fundamental spiritual problem and a lot of people would do well to cater to the mess inside then the acne, tummy, bad hair on the outside.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Mar 21, 2007
How should I cure my insatiable vanity? Should I ignore my clothes and other meaningless baubles and instead buy a high powered sports car and private number plate to cleanse myself? That is surely the path of the righteous.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

rat race Aug 06, 2007
Folks

Are we gaining anything from this rat race?( which includes this superficial show off) As it is said when u r in rat race, even when u win u r still a Rat!!!
coolspirit
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums