Kittens Needing A Home!

Topic locked
Kittens needing a home! Dec 23, 2006
I saw a poster at my local Spinneys with two absolutely adorable 7 month old kittens (siblings) that need a home desperately or they will be put to sleep. In the picture the cats have their arms around each other and they are so cute! They are slim, Asian style cats like we see a lot of here, and they are white and butterscotch coloured. I think the poster said they have been fixed and vaccinated, but you need to check this with the family. If you can find it in your heart to welcome these two guys (together!) into your home, please send me a PM and I will give you the contact information for the family.

Pets should not be given as gifts, so please, only serious and responsible pet-lovers who want to bring the pets into their own homes should consider adopting these furbabies. Thanks!

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 23, 2006
For the life of me I will never understand people having healthy, young animals put to sleep just because they can't care for them. That's very sad indeed, I hope someone can give them a home.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 23, 2006
there are people in africa dying, and being put to sleep(not exactly the same way the animal is), why dont we give them a home.
Heck animals have a better standard of living then africans do, thats sad..
samex
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Kittens needing a home! Dec 24, 2006
kanelli wrote:I saw a poster at my local Spinneys with two absolutely adorable 7 month old kittens (siblings) that need a home desperately or they will be put to sleep. In the picture the cats have their arms around each other and they are so cute! They are slim, Asian style cats like we see a lot of here, and they are white and butterscotch coloured. I think the poster said they have been fixed and vaccinated, but you need to check this with the family. If you can find it in your heart to welcome these two guys (together!) into your home, please send me a PM and I will give you the contact information for the family.

Pets should not be given as gifts, so please, only serious and responsible pet-lovers who want to bring the pets into their own homes should consider adopting these furbabies. Thanks!

I would love to have cats again, but at the minute, its just not the right time, plus, I don't think i could have two.

damn, I hope they find them a really good home.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 24, 2006
^^^^
I thought you prefer dogs over cats. But those little kittens need home and tender loving care, otherwise they will end up in the streets messing with all the garbage bins around to find food.

Kanelli, there's an institution that advertise about this furbabies needing home. I've read in tabloid gulfnews, maybe you can refer those cutie kittens to them.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 24, 2006
Samex, if people would spay and neuter their pets there wouldn't be such a problem of too many cats/dogs and too few homes for them to live in. Cats and dogs are not a natural part of the ecosystem - they belong in a home and can only survive and be healthy in a home. Give money to Africa if you want (I do), but don't get down on anyone who happens to think that animals also deserve some attention too.

I'm sure that Feline Friends and the vet knows about these furbabies - the network is out there to try to find them a home. This is happening all the time here in Dubai though. Many expats leave the pets here when they relocate because they don't want to pay the transport and vet fees for taking the animals with them. I really wish more expats would start saving the money over the course of their stay here so that when it comes time to leave they have a chunk of money ready for the transport. It doesn't sting so much financially when you have been saving over some time. The animals are worth it, as they are truly family members and don't deserve to be left behind. That's just my opinion though.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 24, 2006
Hi K,

Your absolutely correct, it's amazing how people here are so short sighted when it comes to keeping pets.

By the way, Merry Christmas to you and your family, have a great one.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 24, 2006
Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you and your family too Sage!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 24, 2006
kanelli wrote:Samex, if people would spay and neuter their pets there wouldn't be such a problem of too many cats/dogs and too few homes for them to live in. Cats and dogs are not a natural part of the ecosystem - they belong in a home and can only survive and be healthy in a home. Give money to Africa if you want (I do), but don't get down on anyone who happens to think that animals also deserve some attention too.

Dear Kanelli, I dont wish to enter into a debate here!!! Just my view!!! I dont believe in getting a Dog/cat neutered or spayed!!!! Thats just not right!!!!

How would you feel if someone showered you with all the love/caring etc etc but fixed you!!!! The very thing that defines you!! That I have never understoon and never will!!! I have had dogs for the better part of my life and never has there been an unwanted litter or mating. If you are a pet owner the basis of which is RESPONSIBILITY!!!! They are not toys which you cuddle when you want to an shoo away when you dont....

Secondly most people who have cats generally let them out of their houses!!! These cats decimate the local wildlife population along with trash bins, entering other peoples houses.....They want an animal to cuddle but aint upto being responsible....

3rdly Cats and Dogs when left wild return to their wild primal self...

Cheers
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 24, 2006
Im pretty sure it wouldnt be the end of the world. I mean its just weird, how i can walk down a whole isle for food just for dogs/cats. Not only that, but there are like superstores just for them. And its just sad that were focusing so much on them, when so much stuff/crap is happening in the world.

Im not saying drop your dogs/cats outside, but some people do go over board on pampering them, and i think its a little wrong.
Heck ONE opinion out of 6.5billion people, no harm done
:D
samex
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2006
samex wrote:Im pretty sure it wouldnt be the end of the world. I mean its just weird, how i can walk down a whole isle for food just for dogs/cats. Not only that, but there are like superstores just for them. And its just sad that were focusing so much on them, when so much stuff/crap is happening in the world.

Im not saying drop your dogs/cats outside, but some people do go over board on pampering them, and i think its a little wrong.
Heck ONE opinion out of 6.5billion people, no harm done
:D

Don't you think that owning a pet is a personal thing though, and if you choose to spend your hard earned money on your pet, then so be it, thats your choice right. The only thing is you should not be cruel
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 24, 2006
Not really,its just my opinion i could be wrong/right. But i think, its because we dont walk the streets of africa that we dont realize how bad it is. I mean devildisciple above said if you leave the cats or something theyll start eating from garbage can and stuff, and what do you think people with no food also do?
But im sure it would be a whole nother story, if it wasnt just sending your money half way around the world to be trusted by some people, to takec are of the children. Im sure if we lived there, and we could actually take one into our own house, and treat it the same way, feed, nurture, provide a home and love, it would be be nicer.
But now im just rambling and being a hyprocrite because at the same time, if were to all of sudden take africa, and raise it to the Standard of living of that of the west, we would have to worry about waste and stuff like that.
sorry i hijacked the thread :P
samex
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 24, 2006
millions of people die and no one even bother to write , but if a cat is sitting outside , the typical western always make noise.

It reminds me when a Fish was died in the river in London , BBC was focusing the entire attention to this event.

"This is BBC london and we have breaking news "

--------finally the Fish died today.........

:lol:

when will the western get mature ? :roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 24, 2006
Poor things.. but pets are like yoa kids.. if u cant bring them up properly dont have them.. n it not time for me yet to have them.. but I hope someone keeps them.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 24, 2006
HP wrote:millions of people die and no one even bother to write , but if a cat is sitting outside , the typical western always make noise.

It reminds me when a Fish was died in the river in London , BBC was focusing the entire attention to this event.

"This is BBC london and we have breaking news "

--------finally the Fish died today.........

:lol:

when will the western get mature ? :roll:

PEOPLE can almost always take stock of their situation while animals don't have that choice...
cleotrio
Dubai Forums Talker

Dec 25, 2006
samex wrote:Not really,its just my opinion i could be wrong/right. But i think, its because we dont walk the streets of africa that we dont realize how bad it is. I mean devildisciple above said if you leave the cats or something theyll start eating from garbage can and stuff, and what do you think people with no food also do?
But im sure it would be a whole nother story, if it wasnt just sending your money half way around the world to be trusted by some people, to takec are of the children. Im sure if we lived there, and we could actually take one into our own house, and treat it the same way, feed, nurture, provide a home and love, it would be be nicer.
But now im just rambling and being a hyprocrite because at the same time, if were to all of sudden take africa, and raise it to the Standard of living of that of the west, we would have to worry about waste and stuff like that.
sorry i hijacked the thread :P

Just a question, have you "walked the streets of Africa"?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 27, 2006
devilsdiciple wrote:
kanelli wrote:Samex, if people would spay and neuter their pets there wouldn't be such a problem of too many cats/dogs and too few homes for them to live in. Cats and dogs are not a natural part of the ecosystem - they belong in a home and can only survive and be healthy in a home. Give money to Africa if you want (I do), but don't get down on anyone who happens to think that animals also deserve some attention too.

Dear Kanelli, I dont wish to enter into a debate here!!! Just my view!!! I dont believe in getting a Dog/cat neutered or spayed!!!! Thats just not right!!!!

How would you feel if someone showered you with all the love/caring etc etc but fixed you!!!! The very thing that defines you!! That I have never understoon and never will!!! I have had dogs for the better part of my life and never has there been an unwanted litter or mating. If you are a pet owner the basis of which is RESPONSIBILITY!!!! They are not toys which you cuddle when you want to an shoo away when you dont....

Secondly most people who have cats generally let them out of their houses!!! These cats decimate the local wildlife population along with trash bins, entering other peoples houses.....They want an animal to cuddle but aint upto being responsible....

3rdly Cats and Dogs when left wild return to their wild primal self...

Cheers

Spaying and neutering your animal is being responsible. If you choose not to, but will watch your animal like a hawk to be sure they aren't impregnating someone else's animal or getting pregnant themselves, then fine. Everyone can choose for themselves how to handle the situation. For people who have cats they let roam the neighbourhood, the cats should ABSOLUTELY be spayed or neutered!

We don't let our cats out of the house unless they are supervised in our backyard or we take them for a walk on their harnesses. We take them round the lakes and to the park. We have had people tell us this is cruel because cats should roam. We personally feel our cats shouldn't be out beating up other cats, or digging or damaging anything in someone else's yard.

Our cats have lots of toys and get outside activity and are very happy cats because of that. Both are vaccinated, spayed and neutered, microchipped and have collars with nametags and contact info.

Many pet owners aren't doing these basics because they don't want to spend the money on what they consider lesser beings who are just accessories around the house that perhaps only their children wanted because other kids at school have pets. There are many bad reasons why people take on pets and don't care for them properly.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 27, 2006
I agree with Sage and Onion that having pets and spending money on pets is a personal choice. It is my opinion that having pets teaches people how to be more caring and humane. I get so much joy from sharing my house with my cats (and one day dogs too) and I can't understand how people can be without a pet a home. They are funny, energetic, loving - great companions! Some people don't see the intelligence of animals though, and they prefer to focus on other humans, which is fine. Everyone has their own perspective on things. As long as people are not cruel to animals, then that is fine.

In any case, some of you have hijacked the thread. The original purpose was to advertise some cats needing a home so they don't have to be put to sleep before some expats move away. If you can't help, then don't write, or else start a new thread to explore the issue of pets vs. humans - who is more worthwhile to focus attention on.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 27, 2006
kanelli wrote: Spaying and neutering your animal is being responsible. No it is not!!!No one has given us the right to castrate any other creature...It is you (people) who want them to come into their houses.
If you choose not to, but will watch your animal like a hawk to be sure they aren't impregnating someone else's animal or getting pregnant themselves, then fine. You dont have to watch a dog like a hawk...Just one simple rule always keep them on a leash...As for cats i have no experience.

For people who have cats they let roam the neighbourhood, the cats should ABSOLUTELY be spayed or neutered! ABSOLUTELY unacceptable. What is the difference between a cat that is allowed to roam free in the neighbourhood and a ferel cat....Only one...At the end of the day once it has eaten, destroyed property it can come back home.

We don't let our cats out of the house unless they are supervised in our backyard or we take them for a walk on their harnesses. We take them round the lakes and to the park. We have had people tell us this is cruel because cats should roam. We personally feel our cats shouldn't be out beating up other cats, or digging or damaging anything in someone else's yard. You are among a few people I know and appreciate the same... :D

Our cats have lots of toys and get outside activity and are very happy cats because of that. Both are vaccinated, spayed and neutered, microchipped and have collars with nametags and contact info. +1 :D

Many pet owners aren't doing these basics because they don't want to spend the money on what they consider lesser beings who are just accessories around the house that perhaps only their children wanted because other kids at school have pets. There are many bad reasons why people take on pets and don't care for them properly. I am completely with you on this
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 27, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Just a question, have you "walked the streets of Africa"?

Ney, but it's on my "places to visit" list. But like really do you need to walk the streets to understand. I mean unless yourself havent jumped off a building, how do you really know your going to die. some common sense and research normally answers the question.
samex
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 27, 2006
dudes, i think that both species have the right to live but at that same time humans should have more priority. Am i right???
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 27, 2006
kanelli wrote:In any case, some of you have hijacked the thread. The original purpose was to advertise some cats needing a home so they don't have to be put to sleep before some expats move away

Agree with you there.....Sorry about that!!!! Would have loved to take one kitten in but unfortunately I am not a Cat person!!!
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 28, 2006
Let's agree to disagree on the spaying and neutering. Believe me, I am comfortable sharing the same opinion as all the animal experts and all the animal care organisations.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 28, 2006
*yawn*
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Dec 28, 2006
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Dec 28, 2006
He he he he, nice tit for tat :P
kanelli