I Really Don't Get This..

Topic locked
I really don't get this.. Dec 16, 2006
I read something quite disturbing in 7 days earlier -

Someone sent in a letter which outlined that their friend had been killed by a drunk driver. This young lad was pushing his car from behind to the gas station having run out of petrol when a drunk smashes into the back of the vehicle crushing the poor guy to death. His girlfriend was sitting in the front of the car steering. I can only imagine what she had to go through.

The driver got a three month sentence.

The letter writer then went on to compare this to a recent case where a man got caught forging a parking permit - he recieved a six month sentence.

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Dec 16, 2006
Our lesson for the day is - Never mess with the Municipality.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 16, 2006
dont forget to put petrol in ur ride .

nahh on the real the uae goverment should spend alot more money on there judical system .. then on all them high rise buildings .. i mean damnn the way the law is put down in here its a joke .. everyone aint equal in the law's eyes ... an yet this being a muslim country should be the first to be practicing equality since thats what islam states... but nahh u get a two dolla music producer called dallas husten or watever coming into the country with drugs an walkin out the country a free man .. yet you read articles of how someone smoked a drug in someother country then come here without any drugs on them .. but just cause they have traces of it in there blood they are sentec'd to 4 years in jail ... and if you get caught driving drunk they put u in for 6 months but if u kill someone while under the influence u do only 3 months .. an since 21 days means a month while in jail in the uae .. u only do 2 months .. damn the system is hyproctical ... not only here but alover the gulf area...

just check out saudi arabia .. if you steal a piece of chewing gum they chop ur hand off .. but then they give asaylum to a guy like Nawaz sharif who has been accused of stealin billions of dollars from a country's wealth that belongs to the ppl who remain starving ..

so homie dont even discuss this issues .. cause there aint no use .. i mean even the prophet (p.b.u.h) couldnt make these ppl straight aint no one ever gonna . u feel me .
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 16, 2006
I think the guy who was killed is a well-known British expat, Ben something... Unbelievable that the Bulgarian drunk driver only got 3 months :S
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 16, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:I think the guy who was killed is a well-known British expat, Ben something... Unbelievable that the Bulgarian drunk driver only got 3 months :S

I agree this doesn't make any sense at all.

Mind you, does anyone remember the Soviet Union of old where they used to practice so called Communism, where it was said;
"Everyone is equal"
In practice
"Some were more equal than others"
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 16, 2006
someone read animal farm
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 16, 2006
Jamal wrote:
just check out saudi arabia .. if you steal a piece of chewing gum they chop ur hand off ..

no true dude, you need to steal alot of money for you to get your hand chopped off. there are other punishments for stealing some stuff which are small

but the rest of stuff you said is correct
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 16, 2006
well my punishment for this guy i would imagine in Bleakus's world is to.....

take the guy to jail, and for everyday he is there...3 dudes with nightstick - nonstop - kick the living crap of the guy for half an hour...just make sure he doesnt die. then see what ever sentence the judge will give him

this person was drunk and yet he drove...that person must understand the responsibility that he took and is able to face it. Im my world, that guy will understand that guilt of killing a person and every time he gets into his car, he understands that he does drink and drive again.

not too bad huh???
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 16, 2006
The drive was Ben Mulligan, the girl in the car, (not his girlfriend by the way) is one of my best friends.

The Bulgarian got 3 months and had to pay the blood money, something like 250,000 dirhams, however because he couldn't pay it off, he would have had to stay bin prison until he could pay off the money. You know what happened? In the Ramadan pardons, Shk Mo, paid off all his cash owing and let the bastard out!

Justice? I think not! And yes, my poor friend relives that event every day of her life.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 16, 2006
Bleakus wrote:well my punishment for this guy i would imagine in Bleakus's world is to.....

take the guy to jail, and for everyday he is there...3 dudes with nightstick - nonstop - kick the living crap of the guy for half an hour...just make sure he doesnt die. then see what ever sentence the judge will give him

this person was drunk and yet he drove...that person must understand the responsibility that he took and is able to face it. Im my world, that guy will understand that guilt of killing a person and every time he gets into his car, he understands that he does drink and drive again.

not too bad huh???

I vote:

Bleakus for Chief Justice
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 16, 2006
I thought that the laws were very strict here for traffic offences concerning larger vehicles.

Dont truckers get deported for even running a traffic light?? :?

Would have thought that the punishment would be stricter...
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 16, 2006
I wonder where they will deport the truck driver to, if he is an Emirati :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 16, 2006
sage & onion wrote:I wonder where they will deport the truck driver to, if he is an Emirati :wink:

they dont, emiratis dont drive trucks ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 16, 2006
question this may be a slightly off topic, but its just a curosity question

If a Muslim man rapes a christian girl, would he like get the same sentence if a Christian man would rape a musilim girl. anyone who might know could answer that for me.

As for the drunk driving thing, i thinks its a little bit stupid here. They think just because your drunk you dont have any control over what your doing. You have full control, you just dont care, and i think if they were to put stricter laws, then people who cant handle alcoholo would thinks twice before drinking.
samex
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 16, 2006
i think if anybody rapes another person regardless of sex, will be taken to court and punished that same way....depending which country your in and the law
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 17, 2006
Bleakus wrote:i think if anybody rapes another person regardless of fun, will be taken to court and punished that same way....depending which country your in and the law

you're right
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 17, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:The drive was Ben Mulligan, the girl in the car, (not his girlfriend by the way) is one of my best friends.

The Bulgarian got 3 months and had to pay the blood money, something like 250,000 dirhams, however because he couldn't pay it off, he would have had to stay bin prison until he could pay off the money. You know what happened? In the Ramadan pardons, Shk Mo, paid off all his cash owing and let the bastard out!

Justice? I think not! And yes, my poor friend relives that event every day of her life.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 17, 2006
lol how long u guys been in dubai.

i guess u should have by now known wot da hell wasta means.

bulgarian u mean X-SOVIET STATE hmmm i wonder if da bulgarian guy belonged to the Russian MAFIA ;) n y do u guys believe wot da newspapers rite here lol da guy didnt even get 3 years lol he got lesser then that lets just say the guy aint in uae anymore ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat