Topic locked

Your belief?

Yes, the world need these laws.
90%
No.
10%

Total votes : 10

Divorce, Annulment, Legal Separation Dec 11, 2006
Whichever religion you might be.....Im curious to know everyone's (single and married people) view on this matter. Do you believe in such? Why?

zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 11, 2006
Yes, you can't force someone to stay with another person. People can fall out of love, be in abusive relationships, the relationship doesn't work, whatever reason. I think these days, people are just not programmed to be monogamous with one person their entire life. I know the concept scares the heck out of me.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 11, 2006
i think laws such as these should be implemented to let the individual know where he/she stands
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 11, 2006
Both for your points I believe are correct. However I am torn apart by my heart (w/c is just a hopeless romantic) and my conscience (w/c separates right from the wrong).

Its just the existence of these laws is heart breaking. Yet preparing ourselves for the worst is also needed.

It could also be bec of my religion why I somehow feel 50 - 50 on the subject. I grew up remembering some bible verse which goes something like, whomsoever was brought together by the Lord, our God, cannot be separated by man alone.

I hope also some of us here can enlighten us the legal difference of the ff:

- divorce
- annulment
- legal separation
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 11, 2006
zam wrote:

- divorce
- annulment
- legal separation

+10

(so busy here, i hope i can still contribute more regarding this topic. I'll try to finish work early)
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 11, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
zam wrote:

- divorce
- annulment
- legal separation

+10

(so busy here, i hope i can still contribute more regarding this topic. I'll try to finish work early)

Annulment
When a marriage is deemed not to have taken place by the Church. An annulled marriage is still a legal marriage without a divorce taking place.

Divorce
When a Husband and Wife end their legal marriage.

Legal Separation
When a Husband and Wife end their legal marriage, and the wife takes the house, the kids, the family pet, all the money in the bank and her husbands nuts.

Hope that clears it up.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 11, 2006
Divorce is better than a destructive relationship.

The right of divorce is part of Islam. (In the Middle ages this was used against Islam as it was considered too liberal!).

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 11, 2006
My insights:

I don't know. I am very conventional when it comes to this topic. Of course, all of us want the relationship to last. These laws help those who are in abusive relationship. If the relationship is already abusive & deteriorating it's better to part ways.

I hate to say this that sometimes these laws are protecting people who don't want to give the relationship a second chance or something. We can get married easily and break up easily, anyway there's a law to protect the heartbreaker.

I see marriage beyond legal contract signed by two parties. Thus, it deserves all chances before ending it easily and seeking the right to divorce or whatsover.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 11, 2006
Of course we need those kinds of laws if there is legally or religiously a "contract" in the first place. What can be done needs to undone if necessary. It is only logical :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums