DOGS

Topic locked
Nov 25, 2006
redmatrice wrote:In islam you're not allowed to kill an animal , just if the animal is really dangerous and can kill you , like that you'll defend yourself , but you don't have the right to kill any animal or even an insect if it's not dangerous

can't kill insects? what about annoying flies? they arent really harmful but are annoying. and cockroaches, they're what i fear the most although they don't really hurt you. and what about ants climbing my foot?

PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 25, 2006
PARANOID wrote:
redmatrice wrote:In islam you're not allowed to kill an animal , just if the animal is really dangerous and can kill you , like that you'll defend yourself , but you don't have the right to kill any animal or even an insect if it's not dangerous

can't kill insects? what about annoying flies? they arent really harmful but are annoying. and cockroaches, they're what i fear the most although they don't really hurt you. and what about ants climbing my foot?

I'm talking about insect who's not dangerous and not nasty Like butterfly etc..
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 25, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
I can't kill my dogs. :evil: They're like family members at home. :D

They are always considered as a part of familly , i like dogs , and as you know they can be a best friend , sorry for my english i hope you didn't forget that i'm still learning it
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 25, 2006

hadith please....
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 25, 2006
The site linked by alex enumerated some hadiths. Most said you can kill dogs that are black. :?
why?
I believe though we should kill dogs only when they pose a threat to life or if they're infected with rabies -and not by their color.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Nov 25, 2006
So dogs are Haraam...except guide dogs?

Did they have guide dogs for the blind when the Koran was written? I was under the impression this was a fairly recent phenomenon, and I am always told that the Koran has not been edited or added to since its first appearance...confused. Can someone explain?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 25, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:So dogs are Haraam...except guide dogs?

Did they have guide dogs for the blind when the Koran was written? I was under the impression this was a fairly recent phenomenon, and I am always told that the Koran has not been edited or added to since its first appearance...confused. Can someone explain?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Dogs themselves are not considered to be haram. It is the saliva they produce that is considered, in Islam, to be nijis - unpure.

When I used the example of guide dogs, I used it in the sense that that is a justifiable need for someone to keep a dog in the house with them.

Religiously speaking, we are allowed to keep dogs for the following reasons: safety/protection, hunting, herding, farming, or any other dire need. But they must be kept out of the house, unless they are specifically needed for something indoors. I.E, they need to stick with the individual.

Also, Pinoy, the hadith referring to killing a black dog -- as far as I know, that hadith has been said to be a weak hadith. In Islam, we are told not to follow the weak hadith because either the one translating the hadith has been mistaken in its context, or the individual did not personally know of the Prophet Muhammad and his relation to him cannot be determined.

I could not find a strong hadith saying that it is encouraged, or even , permissable to kill a black dog for the simple reason that it is black.

I hope that helps guys.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2006
Bec of Bushra's explanation, I am relieved. Tnx girl :wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 26, 2006
alexandra wrote:mind u...there r ppl filthier than my dogs :lol: :lol: and men who drool more when they see a fine good looking woman than my dogs drooling over their pedigree meal :lol:

That is true. I have met a few loyal, warm hearted faithful cannines in my time. I have also met some lowdown, scum bucket, unclean humans as well.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Nov 27, 2006
Pooches are great. No-one has the right to treat any animal with unkindness or cruelty.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums