Which Came First?

Topic locked
Which came First? Oct 29, 2006
I wanted to ask this question to Dr.D, but then chose to post it as an open question, Coz that way we'll get to know what everyone thinks about these ever mystifying questions..

Which came first?

1.Egg or Hen

2.Coconut or Coconut tree

And ofcouse I know we'll get the right answer from Dr.D, but what do you think?

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Which came First? Oct 29, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:I wanted to ask this question to Dr.D, but then chose to post it as an open question, Coz that way we'll get to know what everyone thinks about these ever mystifying questions..

Which came first?

1.Egg or Hen

So you don't want me to answer? :shock:

Too bad.

1. Believe it or not... the egg!
2. The Coconut Tree.

Weird hey?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Which came First? Oct 29, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:I wanted to ask this question to Dr.D, but then chose to post it as an open question, Coz that way we'll get to know what everyone thinks about these ever mystifying questions..

Which came first?

1.Egg or Hen

So you don't want me to answer? :shock:

Too bad.

1. Believe it or not... the egg!
2. The Coconut Tree.

Weird hey?

Sure Dr.D u'll always have the correct answer.. but I wanted to know others answers as well.. Could u please explain your answers..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 29, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmm..i think i know you St. Lucifer, this is the common unending debate from my country. You know, when two drunk people in the street with nothing much to discuss. they usually end up debating about this. :wink:

My stand is always chix first before the egg, without chix there's no egg. :lol: :lol:

Also, Coconut TREE.. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 29, 2006
asc_26 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmm..i think i know you St. Lucifer, this is the common unending debate from my country. You know, when two drunk people in the street with nothing much to discuss. they usually end up debating about this. :wink:

My stand is always chix first before the egg, without chix there's no egg. :lol: :lol:

I tend to agree with this standpoint :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 29, 2006
asc_26 wrote:My stand is always chix first before the egg, without chix there's no egg. :lol: :lol:

I'm quite busy today (will someone answer my Irish Embassy Q? in Expat help?!?!?) but I'll rattle out the answers quickly.

The first chicken was likely the offspring of another similar but not-quite species. As it is still a reptile/avian derivative it would still have to have come from an egg.

The coconut tree came first, and again, through evolution, the nut developed overtime from a soft fruit until eventually it became quite a hard nut.

You know it's true because Dr. D said it. 8)
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 29, 2006
It depends you know...

- evolutionists will tell you that neither
- religionists will tell you that in the beginning god created the animals and not the animals' eggs. So its the hen for them
- depends on whose egg you're talking about

:mrgreen:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Oct 29, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:It depends you know...

- evolutionists will tell you that neither
- religionists will tell you that in the beginning god created the animals and not the animals' eggs. So its the hen for them
- depends on whose egg you're talking about

:mrgreen:

:violent3: :violent3: :violent3:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 29, 2006
my money is on the egg and the coconut.... mainly because dinosaurs laid eggs and they were around long before chickens, or anything with feathers for that matter.

coconuts as well, since it's the coconut that grows into the tree (i could easily be wrong about this one, haven't done any research)
bear
Dubai chat master

Oct 29, 2006
bear wrote:my money is on the egg and the coconut.... mainly because dinosaurs laid eggs and they were around long before chickens, or anything with feathers for that matter.

coconuts as well, since it's the coconut that grows into the tree (i could easily be wrong about this one, haven't done any research)

So where did that coconut come from? ;)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 29, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:So where did that coconut come from? ;)

A tree hopefully... but the question specifically refers to the coconut tree, so there must have been a tree like a coconut tree but not quite enough to make it a coconut tree. therefore the coconut fell off of a tree very similar to a coconut tree and became a coco nut tree.

Follow?
bear
Dubai chat master

Oct 29, 2006
Ooooh You mean to say.. a tree that resembles coconut tree... but is not a coconut tree , it bears something that looks like a coconut but not actually coconuts. So if its not actually coconut that looks like a coconut will it still be a coconut in qualities or would it be a coconut grandpa.. like a grandpa coconut or a coconutGranPa or a GrandNut and would a tree that looks like a coconut tree but not a coconut tree bear GrandNut / Grandpa Coconut.. or a real coconut with all the qulaities sufficient to make a coconut tree from it..?
;)

Actually yea a coconut like nut.. may make sense... coz those days.. they wouldnt' have had English Language to name it coconut.. :D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 29, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:Ooooh You mean to say.. a tree that resembles coconut tree... but is not a coconut tree , it bears something that looks like a coconut but not actually coconuts. So if its not actually coconut that looks like a coconut will it still be a coconut in qualities or would it be a coconut grandpa.. like a grandpa coconut or a coconutGranPa or a GrandNut and would a tree that looks like a coconut tree but not a coconut tree bear GrandNut / Grandpa Coconut.. or a real coconut with all the qulaities sufficient to make a coconut tree from it..?

now your just trying to complicate things...
bear
Dubai chat master

Oct 29, 2006
The coconut nut is a giant NUt when you eat the nut you become very fat. ~~hehehe im singing , there's a song about the coconut ~~ :lol:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 29, 2006
The egg came first. There were egg laying animals long before any chicken, until one day evolution took a turn and pop, out came the first chicken, from the egg.

Coconuts? Who cares, they're good eating.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 29, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:The egg came first. There were egg laying animals long before any chicken, until one day evolution took a turn and pop, out came the first chicken, from the egg.

Coconuts? Who cares, they're good eating.

Well this is good, so what Camel laid an egg and out came chicken, and thats how KFC started, wow :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 29, 2006
St Luci, you should tally the votes. :wink:

how many hen first?
how many egg first?
Undecided

how many coconut tree first?
how many coconut first?
Undecided

majority wins? :wink:
asc_26