Wagamama

Topic locked
Wagamama Oct 24, 2006
Has anybody tried Wagamama? What would you recommend? (except shellfish pls)

Thanks.

weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 24, 2006
can remember what i had but it was excellent 8)
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 24, 2006
are you referring to the noodles? correct me if i am wrong.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 24, 2006
Hey Weary Heart,
Wagamamma's is great!!! Try it, you might like it. Can't remember what I had there, but it was all good. Had a huge table of people, and all were happy!!!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 25, 2006
that a name of a resturant????

sounds wack to me
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 25, 2006
Jamal wrote:that a name of a resturant????

sounds wack to me

:lol:
How could you miss it...
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 25, 2006
Ya i like the food there i recommend it. they just opened a new branch in the greens btw.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 25, 2006
Jamal wrote:that a name of a resturant????

sounds wack to me

:lol:

Japanese!
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 25, 2006
Exactly what is it?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 25, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Exactly what is it?

http://www.wagamama.com/food.php
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 25, 2006
This is a Wagamama Recipe with the Wagamama being a brand name

Stir fried chicken salad

4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
3 tablespoons vegetable oil for the marinade
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 teaspoons fish sauce
2 teaspoons light soy sauce
juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 large red chilli, trimmed and chopped
2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (see below)

for the salad;

2 handfuls of mixed salad leaves
2 tablespoons wagamama salad dressing
2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
1 lime, halved

put all the ingredients for the marinade except the sesame seeds in a blender and blend until smooth, then stir in the sesame seeds. put the chicken into a dish, pour over the marinade, cover with clingfilm and marinate for at least 2 hours (overnight if possible) in the fridge

heat a wok over a medium heat for 1 – 2 minutes or until completely hot and almost smoking and add the vegetable oil. add the chicken, stirring constantly so the pieces cook evenly, and stir fry for 4 – 5 minutes until caramelized around the edges and cooked through

mix the salad leaves with the dressing. divide between 2 plates and scatter over the toasted sesame seeds and chopped coriander. top with the chicken and serve with a lime half on each plate

to toast sesame seeds;

heat a dry frying pan and when hot, add the seeds, tossing the pan so they are evenly coloured. have a plate standing by to transport them on to or they are likely to burn
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 25, 2006
sage & onion wrote:This is a Wagamama Recipe with the Wagamama being a brand name

Stir fried chicken salad

4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
3 tablespoons vegetable oil for the marinade
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 teaspoons fish sauce
2 teaspoons light soy sauce
juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 large red chilli, trimmed and chopped
2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds (see below)

for the salad;

2 handfuls of mixed salad leaves
2 tablespoons wagamama salad dressing
2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon chopped coriander
1 lime, halved

put all the ingredients for the marinade except the sesame seeds in a blender and blend until smooth, then stir in the sesame seeds. put the chicken into a dish, pour over the marinade, cover with clingfilm and marinate for at least 2 hours (overnight if possible) in the fridge

heat a wok over a medium heat for 1 – 2 minutes or until completely hot and almost smoking and add the vegetable oil. add the chicken, stirring constantly so the pieces cook evenly, and stir fry for 4 – 5 minutes until caramelized around the edges and cooked through

mix the salad leaves with the dressing. divide between 2 plates and scatter over the toasted sesame seeds and chopped coriander. top with the chicken and serve with a lime half on each plate

to toast sesame seeds;

heat a dry frying pan and when hot, add the seeds, tossing the pan so they are evenly coloured. have a plate standing by to transport them on to or they are likely to burn

Wow Sagey, it's nice.

Hmmmm.... but I think I wont be able to do it => (I can burn water!)

I want a ready made hahahaha

Which is the best in Wagamama - ie. Don Buri?, noodles (which one)
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 25, 2006
Can't do it on the BBQ either which is my well known area of expertise :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 25, 2006
I like this place, and you know the best thing about it? The whole place is Non-smoking!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 25, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:I like this place, and you know the best thing about it? The whole place is Non-smoking!

That's why I go to Noodle House.

It's a pretentious-free zone.

:P
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 25, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:I like this place, and you know the best thing about it? The whole place is Non-smoking!

Chocs,

I totally agree with you, sorry to say this but I am a "Born again non-smoker" and it really does ruin my evening out if someone lights up especially in a restaurant.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 26, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

Chocs,

I totally agree with you, sorry to say this but I am a "Born again non-smoker" and it really does ruin my evening out if someone lights up especially in a restaurant.

so what's the purpose of 'smoking area' in other restaurants?
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 26, 2006
I would rather sit in a restaurant with smokers than a bunch of annoying and screaming kids (by the way, typically the parents are worse)!

Whenever I go to a restaurant and the question is "smoking or non-smoking" I respond "I prefer the kids free section".
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 26, 2006
Concord wrote:I would rather sit in a restaurant with smokers than a bunch of annoying and screaming kids (by the way, typically the parents are worse)!

Whenever I go to a restaurant and the question is "smoking or non-smoking" I respond "I prefer the kids free section".

:lol: :lol: :lol:
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 26, 2006
Concord wrote:I would rather sit in a restaurant with smokers than a bunch of annoying and screaming kids (by the way, typically the parents are worse)!

Concord Born 21/1/1970 age at birth 18years
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 28, 2006
Duck gyoza

followed

Ginger chicken udon
or
Teriyaki steak soba

finishing with

White chocolate ginger cheesecake

If you go for a salad, get the dressing on the side. It starts off nice, but then gets a bit overwhelming (the dressings are very sweet).
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 28, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

Not correct but my parents had enough sense to know that it was not appropriate or considerate to others to take a 3 or 4 year old to dinner at an "adul"t restaurant in the evenings. It is simply arrogance on the parents' part that everyone should put up with it - because who could be against children!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 28, 2006
Concord wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Not correct but my parents had enough sense to know that it was not appropriate or considerate to others to take a 3 or 4 year old to dinner at an "adul"t restaurant in the evenings. It is simply arrogance on the parents' part that everyone should put up with it - because who could be against children!

Love children...just couldn't eat a whole one!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat