Topic locked
Oct 09, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
Bleakus wrote:hahaha....busted

anyways, smoking is bad

this comming from man who can smoke two packs in a sitting

*whistles*

there are alot of things that you can say but no do bushra

plus i dont smoke 2 packs a day dude, wear glasses dude ;)

Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
bushra21 wrote:wait...busted? as in how exactly?

also are you trying to say i dont motivate you?!

fine, i guess ill just have to rethink a few things that were discussed earlier ......

i can motivate others just fine :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

i mean, i havent received any complaints thus far....

where is your suggestion box? ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
i do...plus i could have sworn i saw two packs...perhaps i counted someone elses as yours....

my bad :cry:

forgive me :?:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
I hate smoking and yes most smokers know the risks its their choice. It also my choice to breath fresh air. I hate selfish smokers who do not have manners and can’t wait to light their cigarette while others are eating. I think most smokers can be selfish and rude, puffing away in your face. So the point is not about smokers knowing the risks, who cares if they want to kill themselves it’s their choice but passive smoking is far worse than smoking.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 09, 2006
^ can I say ''amen'' now? AAAMEN!
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Oct 09, 2006
sara_uk wrote:I think most smokers can be selfish and rude, puffing away in your face.

I dislike people who generalise, especially when they have no quarm generalising in public, especially in the presence of people they're generalising against.

I think most people who generalise like this should either go into politics or the crab bait industry.

For the record, I find most smokers are considerate of non-smokers, but some really do go over the top. I had a guy sitting 10 metres away from me in a restaurant once come over and tell me to put the cigarette out because it was bugging him. What a joke, because I was sitting in the smoking seciton.

Fascist non-smokers. Pfft.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 09, 2006
bushra21 wrote:i do...plus i could have sworn i saw two packs...perhaps i counted someone elses as yours....

the first pack had 3 cigs and the other pack was a new one

you can make it up to me later.....j/k lol

its cool
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
sara_uk wrote:I hate smoking and yes most smokers know the risks its their choice. It also my choice to breath fresh air. I hate selfish smokers who do not have manners and can’t wait to light their cigarette while others are eating. I think most smokers can be selfish and rude, puffing away in your face. So the point is not about smokers knowing the risks, who cares if they want to kill themselves it’s their choice but passive smoking is far worse than smoking.

When I go out with friends that I know dont smoke, I dont smoke. Well, at least not infront of them, I may go outside quickly, but not while they are around.

When I am sitting at a restaurant and there are no designated sections, I make sure there are no kids sitting next to my table before I smoke.

I also ask if I think it might bother the person sitting at that table.

I try very very hard not to blow the smoke in the direction of the people who are not smoking at my table....

So my dear, not all smokers are bad...just ask my cousin. She coughed once in my car while i was smoking, i threw the cig away and never smoke around her anymore....some smokers are actually nice :roll:

Also, ive realized that if you have a problem with someone smoking and you ask them to put it out...they usually do...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
bushra21 wrote:i do...plus i could have sworn i saw two packs...perhaps i counted someone elses as yours....

its cool

sorry man.

you know, the smoke gets in my eyes and my contacts and bleh, i suck i know :cry:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
sara_uk wrote:I hate smoking and yes most smokers know the risks its their choice. It also my choice to breath fresh air. I hate selfish smokers who do not have manners and can’t wait to light their cigarette while others are eating. I think most smokers can be selfish and rude, puffing away in your face. So the point is not about smokers knowing the risks, who cares if they want to kill themselves it’s their choice but passive smoking is far worse than smoking.

I think generalizing would go like this: "I think smokers are selfish and rude"
Nothing wrong with what sara said in my opinion. If you're not part of the "most" she referred to then there's no problem.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Oct 09, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
Bleakus wrote:

its cool

sorry man.

you know, the smoke gets in my eyes and my contacts and bleh, i suck i know :cry:

you dont suck dude ;)

its the smoke when it gets to the contacts
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
sara_uk wrote:I think most smokers can be selfish and rude, puffing away in your face.

I dislike people who generalise, especially when they have no quarm generalising in public, especially in the presence of people they're generalising against.

I think most people who generalise like this should either go into politics or the crab bait industry.

For the record, I find most smokers are considerate of non-smokers, but some really do go over the top. I had a guy sitting 10 metres away from me in a restaurant once come over and tell me to put the cigarette out because it was bugging him. What a joke, because I was sitting in the smoking seciton.

Fascist non-smokers. Pfft.

I said most not all even though I still get to meet one nice smoker. I hate generalising too. What iam trying to say that smoking is not only the smoker choice ,because their actions effect others too, about the choice of my career I will think about it even though I hate politics.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 09, 2006
Anyone smoking in malls is not being considerate. The air quality of a building full of occupants is not ideal, much less when it involves the pollution of dozens of smokers at any given time.
Mint Tulip
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 09, 2006
Mint Tulip wrote:Anyone smoking in malls is not being considerate. The air quality of a building full of occupants is not ideal, much less when it involves the pollution of dozens of smokers at any given time.

Yeah I don't get smoking in malls. Perhaps its because when and where I grew up you were never allowed to smoke in malls, so it feels odd, weird and unnatural.

I do however enjoy social smoking very much, and honestly, I think smokers are the best people. Of course that could be a gross generalisationl, but I work in marketing and carry an internationally recognised license to generalise.
^ian^

Oct 09, 2006
sara_uk wrote:I said most not all even though I still get to meet one nice smoker. I hate generalising too. What iam trying to say that smoking is not only the smoker choice ,because their actions effect others too, about the choice of my career I will think about it even though I hate politics.

Unless you live in a bubble, everything you do will ultimately effect someone else, especially if you subscribe to chaos theory (which I do on Thursday and Friday nights, the rest of the time I spend fighting off entropy).

There is such a thing as an inconsiderate smoker (and I'm not talking about the ones who don't share or never buy their own) but the kind that don't give a stuff about anyone else - I find these to be a rare breed and usually have other mental conditions. Correlation isn't causation, and you'll probably find these people have a social disease of some sort.

They probably also have pet hamsters.
^ian^

Oct 09, 2006
^ian^ wrote:There is such a thing as an inconsiderate smoker (and I'm not talking about the ones who don't share or never buy their own) but the kind that don't give a stuff about anyone else - I find these to be a rare breed and usually have other mental conditions. Correlation isn't causation, and you'll probably find these people have a social disease of some sort.

Are you psychologist now?? :lol:
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 09, 2006
sara_uk wrote:
^ian^ wrote:There is such a thing as an inconsiderate smoker (and I'm not talking about the ones who don't share or never buy their own) but the kind that don't give a stuff about anyone else - I find these to be a rare breed and usually have other mental conditions. Correlation isn't causation, and you'll probably find these people have a social disease of some sort.

Are you psychologist now?? :lol:

Close, the first 6 letters are right.
^ian^

Oct 09, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
sara_uk wrote:Are you psychologist now?? :lol:

Close, the first 6 letters are right.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I cant remember how many times I stopped smoking.... hehehe

I just can't...
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 09, 2006
I ve decided to stop smoking this Ramadhan.... I didn't smoke since 15 days 8) 8)
Mi Ange mi Demon
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 09, 2006
may the force be with you angie :) lets talk after ramadan:)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
Mi Ange mi Demon wrote:I ve decided to stop smoking this Ramadhan.... I didn't smoke since 15 days 8) 8)

good job dude, im right behind ya
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
Jeevan wrote:may the force be with you angie :) lets talk after ramadan:)

Thanks Jeev. :wink:
Mi Ange mi Demon
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 09, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
Mi Ange mi Demon wrote:I ve decided to stop smoking this Ramadhan.... I didn't smoke since 15 days 8) 8)

good job dude, im right behind ya

:D Thanks guys I need some support !
Mi Ange mi Demon
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 09, 2006
Bleakus, you go for it matey, giving up will be the best thing you ever did and you'll feel so much better for it too.

I agree with Sara, 'many' smokers are very selfish indeed, and I hate the fact that people wander around in malls puffing away. Only last night I was standing in the queue at the cinema to buy tickets, and an inconsiderate moron was stoof right behind me puffing away - I mean what the heck is that!!! No where is safe here.

The statistics are proven that smoking causes many diseases and deaths. The only reason that they won't ban them from the shops, is the amount of tax that governments earn from selling them. Personally they should charge smokers more for health insurance.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 09, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Bleakus, you go for it matey, giving up will be the best thing you ever did and you'll feel so much better for it too.

I agree with Sara, 'many' smokers are very selfish indeed, and I hate the fact that people wander around in malls puffing away. Only last night I was standing in the queue at the cinema to buy tickets, and an inconsiderate moron was stoof right behind me puffing away - I mean what the heck is that!!! No where is safe here.

The statistics are proven that smoking causes many diseases and deaths. The only reason that they won't ban them from the shops, is the amount of tax that governments earn from selling them. Personally they should charge smokers more for health insurance.

they do acually, they charge a smoker more than a normal person
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
i wanna quit but well... err.. hopefully... will do it soon.

but i dont smoke if someone is offended, in malls if i have to smoke i smoke in designated areas, even back home i dont smoke in the house , so even if i feel like smoking i am too tired to get up and go out for a drag :) eventually adding up to cutting down heavily.:)

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
Good for you too Jeevan! Maybe we should start a forum support group for you guys who want to quit. I know it's not an easy thing to do, and some will find it easier than others, but it'll be worth it in the end.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 09, 2006
That why can’t wait for banning smoking in all public places to take effect in the UK. All those smokers will find no where to smoke and end up giving up :lol:
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 09, 2006
Jeevan wrote:i wanna quit but well... err.. hopefully... will do it soon.

but i dont smoke if someone is offended, in malls if i have to smoke i smoke in designated areas, even back home i dont smoke in the house , so even if i feel like smoking i am too tired to get up and go out for a drag :) eventually adding up to cutting down heavily.:)

J

ok then angie jeevan and myself will quit but the end of ramadan

alright
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 09, 2006
Desperato.................you made the comment that the prophet should warn all of his people about the hazards of smoking..............they don't warn anyone around here, because they all eventually GET KILLED ON THE DAMNED ROADS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And/or they kill everyone else in town on the roads. Cigs and sheesha are not the problem around here, it is their driving ethics!

On that note, I'm looking forward to Thursday night and sharing some sheesha with you all, and I of course will be smoking cigs too. I am a smoker (I hate it soooooooooooooooo bad) and quit for 9 years. My business was in some turmoil in the states and I started back again. Since I moved here I smoke more than ever. Maybe someday I'll quit again. Just have to make your mind up and do it. Not anything anyone else can make you do, threaten you to do, or shame you to do. It is a personal choice. We all know that it could kill us. Guess everyone does something that could kill.

**I'll just enjoy my ciggy and read on now**
[/quote]
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat