Believe In Ghosts.

Topic locked
Oct 04, 2006
I was never huge on this supernatural stuff until the day my sister and I both saw a vision of a man in our house on the same day about 10 minutes apart in the same place. He looked just like our grandfather who had died about 2 weeks before seeing it. So I do think it exists but I don't really think someone can be harmed or hurt....
While on the subject people claim to see jinns all the time...don't they?

noni
Dubai chat master

Oct 04, 2006
thats spooky :?

i don't think Jiin or Ghosts are harmful..real people are far more harmful
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 05, 2006
noni wrote:I was never huge on this supernatural stuff until the day my sister and I both saw a vision of a man in our house on the same day about 10 minutes apart in the same place. He looked just like our grandfather who had died about 2 weeks before seeing it. So I do think it exists but I don't really think someone can be harmed or hurt....
While on the subject people claim to see jinns all the time...don't they?

Yes they do, and I do believe what people see as ghosts are actually Jin...and we know,Jin can take the shape of any person, even the dead.
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 05, 2006
ghosts have been around even since the time of arabian nights...

desert ghosts are believed to be huge, scary and resemble the colour of sand...

you never know there could be one posting here on the forums... :shock:
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 05, 2006
Some ghosts or aparitions can be very harmful. You have poltergiests, who can move things around and even throw things. Once in my uncles house, such a thing would regularly move things around and it really took a dislike to my aunt and would constantly throw objects at her - not a pleasant experience.

An for those who think aliens don't exist, do you seriously think that in this massive universe which is growing every second, that we are the only life out here - think again.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 05, 2006
i do believe in ghosts or jins cos i once encountered a jin in my life. actually my whole family did. i dont think they are harmful and from what i have heard and know i believe they are living right here with us on planet earth. as in they are doing their own things while we get on with our life. who knows there could be one walking past me as i write this message. or there could be sitting on in the empty chair in front of me .

:S

ok now i m scared

:D

by the way y are we scared of new things, like ghosts and who knows maybe if there was an alien we would be scared of that cos we had never seen it in our lives ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 05, 2006
Yes, I believe in ghost.... dunno how to share this to you guys but I once, just once, saw one....

I was lying in my bed, and then I felt something cold (no A/C), when I opened my eyes I saw the angel of death holding something like this

I just hid in my blanket and prayed hard, after sometime when I looked at it again, its not there.
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 05, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Some ghosts or aparitions can be very harmful. You have poltergiests, who can move things around and even throw things. Once in my uncles house, such a thing would regularly move things around and it really took a dislike to my aunt and would constantly throw objects at her - not a pleasant experience.

An for those who think aliens don't exist, do you seriously think that in this massive universe which is growing every second, that we are the only life out here - think again.

Chocs.. poltergeistic activities have been reported through out the world.. but till date nothing has been proven. Does your aunty still face those issues, or where's the house that you said there was such an activity, did the poltergeist stop all the activities by itself? did u get any clairvoyants or priests or someone?

Noni...How was the figure misty, or as if it was over shadowed by smoke or fog? What time of the day was it when u saw the figure? where in yoour house didu see it.. ? the location and on what? was your grandpa living in the same house before his death?have u both had fights with him ? were you very very close to him.. i'm sorry ..if these questions are disturbing... pls ignore them
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 05, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Some ghosts or aparitions can be very harmful. You have poltergiests, who can move things around and even throw things. Once in my uncles house, such a thing would regularly move things around and it really took a dislike to my aunt and would constantly throw objects at her - not a pleasant experience.

Chocs.. poltergeistic activities have been reported through out the world.. but till date nothing has been proven. Does your aunty still face those issues, or where's the house that you said there was such an activity, did the poltergeist stop all the activities by itself? did u get any clairvoyants or priests or someone?

Noni...How was the figure misty, or as if it was over shadowed by smoke or fog? What time of the day was it when u saw the figure? where in yoour house didu see it.. ? the location and on what? was your grandpa living in the same house before his death?have u both had fights with him ? were you very very close to him.. i'm sorry ..if these questions are disturbing... pls ignore them

No not disturbing at all...in fact I wasn't even scared when I saw him..it was actually a bit peaceful. It wasn't misty..it was like a normal human...he was just sitting in a chair with his back facing me and I couldn't see the front. And after one second he was gone. He didn't live with us..and no fights or anything and actually only saw him every few years since we live in the states...
noni
Dubai chat master

Oct 05, 2006
Funny about your story Noni ... I had a similar experience. I was very close to my grandfather and when he passed away I was quite distraught. He lived with me for 3 years. I was laying in bed in the afternoon 10 days after his funeral, reading and I heard his footsteps in the corridor. I recognised them, looked over to my door and he stepped in. During his last few months he had a habit for being forgetful and walking in the direction of my room rather than the living room. I was absolutely unsurprised and told him he'd walked in the wrong direction again. He laughed and he said he wanted to ask me if I was ok. I told him I was but I needed to know how he was. (This was an unresolved issue in my mind, I hadn't been with him when he passed away.) He reassured me he was and that he would drop in to see me off and on. I even told him it was a bit wierd he was dropping in in the afternoon, since ghosts usually visit at night, to which he did laugh.
It was a very lucid experience but I am not sure still whether it was a dream or an actual "ghostly" visit. I wasn't really in the presence of mind to be sure.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 05, 2006
Pretty Penny, and all,
Those are special stories to which help us as humans to finalize death, and also put us at ease. Here are some interesting questions for all of you.

Have you ever been about doing your thing when you look up and notice someone watching you? At the moment you smile back and/or say hello then there is a connection of somesort (usually delayed) which after you walk away you turn back and connect again??? You may notice that that person has your grandmother's eyes, or looks like an aunt that you dearly loved, etc.

Like was discussed before, someone near and dear to you came back to visit.

Have you ever been visited by someone that passed in a dream? A dream that was so real it was beyond belief?

The stories just go on and on. Can't really put them into words (writing), but I do have some really good stories that can be shared.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 05, 2006
Isnt there something in Islam that right when someone dies he or she will visit the important ppl in their lives...they may not appear ...but will visit....I remember some of my relatives saying this.

Prettypenny your story is so interesting..I bet you weren't scared at all right? I thought I would be terrified..but I felt relaxed.
noni
Dubai chat master

Oct 06, 2006
there is a ghost house in ajman if anyone is interested in going there spending the whole nite there to see for themselves if there are ghosts or not :D

by the way i have heard some weird stories about some roundabout in Zabeel area that apparantely they tried to get rid of this tree but everytime they wont bring the bulldozer near it it would breakdown and ur not supposed to put the music on loud/ :S :S :S

all you men out there dont piss under a tree cos you never know who you mite be pissing on. and if you do piss on someone that thing would never leave you alone. dont believe me try it ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2006
rudeboy wrote:there is a ghost house in ajman if anyone is interested in going there spending the whole nite there to see for themselves if there are ghosts or not :D

by the way i have heard some weird stories about some roundabout in Zabeel area that apparantely they tried to get rid of this tree but everytime they wont bring the bulldozer near it it would breakdown and ur not supposed to put the music on loud/ :S :S :S

all you men out there dont piss under a tree cos you never know who you mite be pissing on. and if you do piss on someone that thing would never leave you alone. dont believe me try it ;)

i want to go...sounds interesting.

if there really is one and you were not joking can you send me a pm with the details...or let me know how to find out more info about it.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2006
noni wrote:Isnt there something in Islam that right when someone dies he or she will visit the important ppl in their lives...they may not appear ...but will visit....I remember some of my relatives saying this.

Prettypenny your story is so interesting..I bet you weren't scared at all right? I thought I would be terrified..but I felt relaxed.

noni....can you elaborate more about what u just said!
uae75
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 06, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
rudeboy wrote:there is a ghost house in ajman if anyone is interested in going there spending the whole nite there to see for themselves if there are ghosts or not :D

i want to go...sounds interesting.

if there really is one and you were not joking can you send me a pm with the details...or let me know how to find out more info about it.

it is there i have seen it my self but i dont know if there are ghosts init that you will have to find out 4 urself but i have heard stories about it :D. its on shj ajman road not the main shj ajman but the "kacha" road i.e the road which neither the sheikh of shj nor the sheikh of ajman want to fix :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2006
True story. That's why it's the only roundabout with weird trees rather than Palm trees etc. I heard few people who tried to cut them died...must be true though...why else would they not remove those ugly trees?
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 06, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:Funny about your story Noni ... I had a similar experience. I was very close to my grandfather and when he passed away I was quite distraught. He lived with me for 3 years. I was laying in bed in the afternoon 10 days after his funeral, reading and I heard his footsteps in the corridor. I recognised them, looked over to my door and he stepped in. During his last few months he had a habit for being forgetful and walking in the direction of my room rather than the living room. I was absolutely unsurprised and told him he'd walked in the wrong direction again. He laughed and he said he wanted to ask me if I was ok. I told him I was but I needed to know how he was. (This was an unresolved issue in my mind, I hadn't been with him when he passed away.) He reassured me he was and that he would drop in to see me off and on. I even told him it was a bit wierd he was dropping in in the afternoon, since ghosts usually visit at night, to which he did laugh.
It was a very lucid experience but I am not sure still whether it was a dream or an actual "ghostly" visit. I wasn't really in the presence of mind to be sure.

i had a similar experience, i was very close to my grandmother she basically raised me after her death i prayed for her a lot and after a while i stopped got busy with few things, i had dream where my grandmother came and said don't u miss me anymore n i know she meant i should continue praying for her then she said she was happy and asked me to wait for 3 gifts i asked what r they no reply next morning i told my mom about the dream..as i was speaking my aunt called said she found a set of gold jewelry in her safe my grandmother left for me and she forget to give it to me..no 1, i got a call from a company "accepted after a job interview " no 2 the 3rd gift i cant say its too personal. all events happened in one day and it was an amazing experience i shared it with my entire family.
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 07, 2006
I've been reading abt and trying to follow spirits and trying to get in touch with them ever since my college days, Tried different thing at different times for abt 8 years... never had any experience of the sort. If the tree thing at zabeel area is true, i am gonna go there for sure..not to challenge the faith but to gain an new experience if any.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 07, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:I've been reading abt and trying to follow spirits and trying to get in touch with them ever since my college days, Tried different thing at different times for abt 8 years... never had any experience of the sort. If the tree thing at zabeel area is true, i am gonna go there for sure..not to challenge the faith but to gain an new experience if any.

be careful!
don't open a door u can't shut :wink:
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 07, 2006
NoWoRrIeS wrote:True story. That's why it's the only roundabout with weird trees rather than Palm trees etc. I heard few people who tried to cut them died...must be true though...why else would they not remove those ugly trees?

lol so i was right i thought my mates were just trying to scare me. but to be honest with u i do put da music low whenever i go past that area and dont now about u guys but zabeen area gives me the heebeejeebees :S

most of them are stories but some of them actually do happen i did experience something with my family but i m not supposed to tell you about it cos i have this NATO treaty with the JIN or the spirit. would tell you but then i would have to kill u :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 07, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:I've been reading abt and trying to follow spirits and trying to get in touch with them ever since my college days, Tried different thing at different times for abt 8 years... never had any experience of the sort. If the tree thing at zabeel area is true, i am gonna go there for sure..not to challenge the faith but to gain an new experience if any.

i dont think you can get in touch with them cos they dont like to be disturbed by us humans otherwise dont you think we all would be getting bluetooth messages from spirits :D beep beep :D

if you wanna become a GhostBuster :D i suggest you go to a remote place where no humans come. hmmm like the mountains of himalays or the desert you might find something but then again who knows it could be you just halucinating :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 07, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Yes, some 'ghosts' for want of a better word were once human beings, that are trapped and still roam the world for whatever reason, or stuck in pergatory if you like. Other beings were never human but are something else, and trust me not all are good, and some yuo just would never want to experience. Some scare the heck out of me and I have no other word for them but 'demons'.

Some people are just open to this sort of stuff others aren't.

well said choco. I second that. Recently someone I know was possessed.
He spoke languages he has never heard, did things he never did & so on.
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums