The Holy Book Doctrine About Prophets

Topic locked
The Holy Book doctrine about prophets Oct 22, 2009
By: Emad AL-Mahdy
previous priest

It is supposed that God's prophets were well-chosen from among the righteous people and that is true. Fingers of accusation always point to the Holy Book scripts for the multitude of contradictions and absurdities in the Holy Book. The strange thing that really leaves any human with a little mind at loss is that why all the prophet- not just one- fell in the mire of adultery and why adultery is always chosen for the prophets.

The Holy Book scholars have filtered the Holy Book correcting the mistakes and trying to better it but till now they are unable to say something about the adulterous prophets, all they care about is to amend every text to support the concept of salvation, that concept that is borrowed from the ancient Hindu religions.

Accusing the prophets of adultery will remain the strongest evidence that the Holy Book was corrupted with people more wicked than the devil itself, for the sake of brevity, we choose the following verses from the Holy Book

Allah's prophet Noah drinks wine and be naked- is it logical

And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: 21And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent. 22And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without. 23And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid it upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces were backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness. 24And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him. 25And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren. 26And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant. 27God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.( Genesis 9:20)

This is a heinous interpolation made by the Jews for nothing but to prove the preference and superiority over the Canaanians, the aboriginal inhabitants of Palestine who preceded the Jews. This doctrine was later used against the Palestinian racial discrimination.

Here we would like some question:

How can Ham, though was still too young, be blamed for something he didn't intend it?!!

Why should Noah curse Canaan who hadn't been born yet?

Note that he had been born twenty years after this allegation.

Why should he bear his father's sin though it wasn't a sin at all.

Why is such contradiction?

Lut commits adultery with his two daughters What a lie!

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.( Ezekiel:20:22)

Noah, the prophet of God, commit a adultery with is two daughter.

And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters. 31: And the firstborn said unto the younger, Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in unto us after the manner of all the earth: Come, let us make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. 33: And they made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. And it came to pass on the morrow, that the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold, I lay yesternight with my father: let us make him drink wine this night also; and go thou in, and lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our Father. And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose. Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father. (Genesis 19:30)

It is well-known that Lut, just like all the prophets, was sent to fight adultery and homosexuality that were prevalent among his tribe, this story was interpolated in the Holy Book to justify moral corruption and to stigmatize the prophet with what he sent to fight.

Peter(2:7) testifies to Lut righteousness

And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished"(2:7-9)

How can this be in agreement with what is Genesis?!

Prophet David committes adultry with his neighbour's wife and makes a plot to involve him in a war so that he dies

"One evening, David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof, he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, "Is this Bathsheba not the daughter of Eliam and wife of Uriah the Hittite?" Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her. (She had purified herself from her uncleanness.) Then she went back home. The woman conceived and sent word to David, saying, "I am pregnant." So, David sent this word to Joab: "Send me Uriah the Hittite." And Joab sent him to David.( Samuel II 11:2-27)

The rest of the biblical story goes on saying that

David wrote a letter to Joab and sent it with Uriah. In it he wrote, "Put Uriah in the front line where the fighting is fiercest. Then withdraw from him so that he will be struck down and die. So, while Joab had the city under siege, he put Uriah at a place where he knew the strongest defenders were. When the men of the city came out and fought against Joab, some of the men in David's army fell; moreover, Uriah the Hittite was dead

The prophet Hosea takes a whore for himself

"And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the LORD.( Hosea 1:2)

Aron becomes an infidel and call the children of Israel to worship the calf

"And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me. And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron. And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.(Exodus 32:12)

Solomon disobey God and becomes a disbeliever in his last days

But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites: Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love. And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart. For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father. For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites. And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father. Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon. And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods. And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded. Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.

Job speaks badly of God

Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly ( Job 4:18]

He hath cast me into the mire, and I am become like dust and ashes.

I cry unto thee, and thou dost not hear me: I stand up, and thou regardest me not.

Thou art become cruel to me: with thy strong hand thou opposest thyself against me. ( Job 30:19)

My soul is weary of my life; I will leave my complaint upon myself; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.( ( Job 10:1)For it increaseth. Thou huntest me as a fierce lion: and again thou shewest thyself marvellous upon me. Thou renewest thy witnesses against me, and increasest thine indignation upon me; changes and war are against me.

Wherefore then hast thou brought me forth out of the womb? Oh that I had given up the ghost, and no eye had seen me! I should have been as though I had not been; I should have been carried from the womb to the grave. Are not my days few? cease then, and let me alone, that I may take comfort a little, Before I go whence I shall not return, even to the land of darkness and the shadow of death;( Job 10:16)

Moses orders the children of Israel to steal according to the God's order

But every woman shall borrow of her neighbor, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: and ye shall put them upon your sons, and upon your daughters; and ye shall spoil the Egyptians.

Both Aron and Moses were disloyal to God

And the LORD spake unto Moses that selfsame day, saying,

Get thee up into this mountain Abarim, unto mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab, that is over against Jericho; and behold the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel for a possession: And die in the mount whither thou goest up, and be gathered unto thy people; as Aaron thy brother died in mount Hor, and was gathered unto his people:

Because ye trespassed against me among the children of Israel at the waters of MeribahKadesh, in the wilderness of Zin; because ye sanctified me not in the midst of the children of Israel.

Yet thou shalt see the land before thee; but thou shalt not go thither unto the land which I give the children of Israel.( Deuteronomy 32 48:52)

Abraham introduces his wife to the pharaoh in seek of benefits

And it came to pass, when he was come near to enter into Egypt, that he said unto Sarai his wife, Behold now, I know that thou art a fair woman to look upon: 12 Therefore it shall come to pass, when the Egyptians shall see thee, that they shall say, This is his wife: and they will kill me, but they will save thee alive.13 Say, I pray thee, thou art my sister: that it may be well with me for thy sake; and my soul shall live because of thee.( Genesis 19 ,10:12)

The story goes on to say:

And it came to pass, that, when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians beheld the woman that she was very fair. The princes also of Pharaoh saw her, and commended her before Pharaoh: and the woman was taken into Pharaoh's house.And he entreated Abram well for her sake: and he had sheep, and oxen, and he asses, and menservants, and maidservants, and she asses, and camels. And the LORD plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai Abram's wife.

And Pharaoh called Abram and said, What is this that thou hast done unto me? why didst thou not tell me that she was thy wife?

Why saidst thou, She is my sister? so I might have taken her to me to wife: now therefore behold thy wife, take her, and go thy way.And Pharaoh commanded his men concerning him: and they sent him away, and his wife, and all that he had.

Isaiah get naked

At the same time spake the LORD by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins, and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so, walking naked and barefoot.(20:2)

Dear Christian readers:

These are just few samples from among the multitude of absurdities in the holy book concerning prophets?

Is it possible that well-chosen prophet did such heinous sins, if that is true, how can one have a confidence in them and in what they brought to humanity?

Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 23, 2009
Someone pointed out to me that up to 70% of the Bible is effectively 'censored' in the respect that these passages are not read out in Church or in Bible readings etc.

He said that most Christians are actually unaware of the violent, sexist and 'rude' passages of the Bible.

However, Christian theologians are quite open about the fact that these passages are not to be followed and should be ignored.

As we have seen in the 'Contradictions in the NT' thread - the historical evidence and conclusions of Biblical scholars (such as Prof Hans Kung and Father O'Conner) is that the Bible was re-written by 'post-Pauline' authors who inserted polemical verses into the Bible to support their theological arguments. This sometimes resulted in contradictions.

The same applies to the OT - the Bible was re-written and interpolations inserted, sometimes by mistake (eg with comments in margins becoming part of text) sometimes in error.

At the end of the day, the Bible is not meant to be taken literally as the word of God, and isn't by Biblical scholars.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums