Superstition In Islam

Topic locked
Superstition in Islam Mar 12, 2011
There's a news story in Britain about a grade school teacher who wrote a Koranic verse on the ground with chalk.

Not only did the teacher write the verse in chalk, but she also wrote 'Allah' because the verse talked about Allah.

The school is almost entirely Muslim with the report saying 100% of the students are from Bangladesh, etc. The parents of the students got wind of this and, naturally, they're furious over such an action.

The school said they would investigate the matter (I kid you not). Hopefully the parents won't call for the teacher to be executed and the government won't step in to put the teacher on trial for a 'blasphemy' crime.

Now, the teacher, like all non-Muslims, didn't realize that by writing a Koranic verse and Allah's name on the ground, she would be committing an act of blasphemy. I'm not aware of any comparable superstitious belief held in the West.

So, Muslims are outraged and the teacher may or may not receive death threats and the school may or may not suspend her.

With all that has been said, what purpose does such a belief serve in Islam? I've heard Muslims write delusional screeds on how Islam is 'logical' for them but, like this superstition and the belief that women are 'unclean' during their period (and shouldn't touch the Koran or anything that says Allah, etc), I fail to see the 'logic' over this latest Muslim rage issue.

Is the prohibition of writing Allah's name on the ground logical or is it superstition?

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top- ... -28316735/

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Superstition in Islam Mar 12, 2011
EH, as a non Muslim, I hadn't realised that writing Allah on the ground in chalk was considered blasphemous. I don't know why the Muslims get their knickers in a knot about such things! I do hope the poor teacher is excused death threats or being suspended! What a silly lot those Muslims are sometimes!
Bethsmum

It's horrible, isn't it?

Britain has allowed this to perpetuate because of multiculturalism - 'all cultures are equal'.

Well, they aren't. Even if you are superstitious about such matters (that's fine, I don't care), the fact that this minor incident is a news story and the school will investigate the matter and the parents are 'outraged' speaks volumes.

It will be interesting if this lady must transfer or go into hiding because her life is in danger. At that point, I say it's better to get all decent British folks out of there and carpet bomb certain cities.

We wouldn't want any loss of real life.
event horizon

Re: Superstition In Islam Mar 12, 2011
the teacher needs psychiatric counselling and if that fails maybe destructive brain surgery
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

I don't know why the Muslims get their knickers in a knot about such things!

It could be that getting knickers in a knot is a type of skill only specific to believers..

-- Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:16 pm --

Britain has allowed this to perpetuate because of multiculturalism - 'all cultures are equal'.

Of course all cultures are equal and certainly Britain will allow it..Democracy is not a substance but a form/mechanism whereby any ideology can thrive through it..So just stop your racist/irreligious,islamophobic rants on this forum..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:
I don't know why the Muslims get their knickers in a knot about such things!

It could be that getting knickers in a knot is a type of skill only specific to believers..

-- Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:16 pm --

Of course all cultures are equal and certainly Britain will allow it..Democracy is not a substance but a form/mechanism whereby any ideology can thrive through it..So just stop your racist/irreligious,islamophobic rants on this forum..

Why should he Berrin? Just because you don't agree with what EH posts, it doesn't mean he should stop. I think he posts a lot of valid points. You Muslims are far too touchy about what can and can't be discussed.
You would be wrong about Britain actually, the old Muslims appear to have many more rights than most! After all you be a Mooooslim and burn a poppy on Armistice Day and get fined £50 (while the offender claims £800 per week in a mixture of benefits) but if you burn the Koran, you are jailed!

-- Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:59 pm --

zubber wrote:the teacher needs psychiatric counselling and if that fails maybe destructive brain surgery

Zubber, the only person round here that needs counselling is you, failing that somebody needs to remove your keyboard. I would recommend brain surgery but I fear it would be wasted as you don't appear to have one.
Bethsmum

^^ :) silly woman
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Why should he Berrin? Just because you don't agree with what EH posts, it doesn't mean he should stop.

I don't mean he should stop posting but it only makes me sick that the entire objectives of his posting is centred around wry approach towards religion, especially islam and its followers..

He not only targets religion but also targets those non-islamic nations that allows strength for those people whom subscribe themselves to religion for an ideology... When he says "Britain has allowed this to perpetuate " he basicly means it..On many occassions he accused Britain of its tolerance towards islam and islamists..

His objective is not to concentrate on the positive side/aspects/ideology of religion but constantly mocking through the actions of others..(He doesn't even want to think about the psychologyical/moral reason as to why believers wouldn't allow parts of scripture written on the ground)
In this thread I once more wanted to test what his objectives were for such news again..
To this day he avoids and doesn't come back for defence..
philosophy-dubai/503-bangladeshi-women-publicly-flogged-over-past-decade-t45520.html

He is only here on this forum to sling mud, if it doesn't harm/hurt it will leave some sort of trace for continues smear anyway..

You would be wrong about Britain actually, the old Muslims appear to have many more rights than most! After all you be a Mooooslim and burn a poppy on Armistice Day and get fined £50 (while the offender claims £800 per week in a mixture of benefits) but if you burn the Koran, you are jailed!

I don't like your seemingly canny racist twist and turns either..This is how you should have phrased it to be more correct and balanced...
-Anybody who burns a poppy on Armistice Day gets fined for £50.
-You can be an all time offender but as long as you are entitled to live on the dole you can have claims for £800 per week in a mixture of benefits.
-if you burn the Koran,the gospel and the torah you are jailed no matter what religion you are..

Miss Just get real please ...
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:^^ :) silly woman

^^^stupid boy.

-- Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:25 pm --

Berrin wrote:
Why should he Berrin? Just because you don't agree with what EH posts, it doesn't mean he should stop.

I don't mean he should stop posting but it only makes me sick that the entire objectives of his posting is centred around wry approach towards religion, especially islam and its followers..

He not only targets religion but also targets those non-islamic nations that allows strength for those people whom subscribe themselves to religion for an ideology... When he says "Britain has allowed this to perpetuate " he basicly means it..On many occassions he accused Britain of its tolerance towards islam and islamists..

His objective is not to concentrate on the positive side/aspects/ideology of religion but constantly mocking through the actions of others..(He doesn't even want to think about the psychologyical/moral reason as to why believers wouldn't allow parts of scripture written on the ground)
In this thread I once more wanted to test what his objectives were for such news again..
To this day he avoids and doesn't come back for defence..
philosophy-dubai/503-bangladeshi-women-publicly-flogged-over-past-decade-t45520.html

He is only here on this forum to sling mud, if it doesn't harm/hurt it will leave some sort of trace for continues smear anyway..

I don't like your seemingly canny racist twist and turns either..-Anybody who burns a poppy on Armistice Day gets fined for £50.
-You can be an all time offender but as long as you are entitled to live on the dole you can have claims for £800 per week in a mixture of benefits.
-if you burn the Koran,the gospel and the torah you are jailed no matter what religion you are..

Miss Just get real please ...

Berrin, that is your opinion on EH, I'm afraid I don't agree.

This is how you should have phrased it to be more correct and balanced...

Please don't tell me how I should post. That is another thing about you Muslims, you are very arrogant!
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
zubber wrote:^^ :) silly woman

^^^stupid boy.

Why thank you :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Anyways, I'm not trying to attack Islam, I'm simply wondering if there is a logical explanation for why the Muslims in this story would take offense to someone writing a Koranic verse in chalk on the ground.

I hear every aspect of Islam is logical, but I fail to see logic in this controversy when there is no similar controversy in either Christianity or Judaism.

So, again, what's the logic behind taking offense to writing a Koranic verse in chalk on the ground?

Is that part of Islam or is it cultural (even though the parents looked multi-racial in the story)?
event horizon

event horizon wrote:I'm not trying to attack Islam

desertdudeshj

Re: Superstition in Islam Mar 27, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:
event horizon wrote:I'm not trying to attack Islam

If Islam isn't logical for you but you are a Muslim, then the question in this thread doesn't concern you.

I was only curious how those who claimed they thought everything in Islam was logical could provide a logical explanation for why writing Allah on the ground in chalk or a Koranic verse in chalk on the ground were offensive to Muslims.
event horizon

EH, I can never understand why Muslims think it ok to post images of Jesus with his arms outstretched, a vision from the Cross, with graffiti written across it, but when I post an advertisment for a Lego set portraying Mohammed, containing pieces for 24 wives, suitable for ages 6+ they all have a hissy fit! Why are they all so touchy?
Bethsmum

Respect is a one way street, unfortunately.

It reminds me of when Muslims claim to want dialogue but really mean monologue.
event horizon

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums