Rebel

Topic locked
Jan 12, 2006
Linda_Stuiv wrote:No I'm not a muslim. I have my concerns with Islam, which are -I admit, after reading up and hearing about it from educated muslims- much less than the concerns I have concerning Christianity, Judaism...etc. But thus far .... I'm an Agnostic (Believe in a greater Entity (God) but don't know where to go from there).

The reason I'm learning and reading/talking about Islam is because I might spend the rest of my life with a muslim man, so I might as well learn everything I can about it.

And no, I don't live with my fiance, I live in a villa given by the institute I work in, and he has 3 flats he lives in, Ajman, Dubai, and Abu Dhabi, depending on his work schedule.

Now, I don't mind answering these kind of questions, but: Choc, whatever happens between me and fiance is my business, and not yours to bring up, that was a very intrusive thing to say.

Shaakira: I understand that you're enthusiastic about your religion, which is admirable, but try to accept (Islam also accepts) that non-muslims shouldn't necessarily lead their lives according to Islam (or else they'd be muslims). And when you're arguing with a non-muslim, don't bring up verses of Quran, or Hadiths, because a non-muslim doesn't believe in them, so you'll just pass on as cocooned and introverted around your beliefs, which will not appeal to people if you want to let them know about Islam. Argue with logic. If the Prophet Mohamad (PBUH) was your model, then you must know that with the "Mushrekeen" , he argued with logic.

Example: When they came to the prophet and said that the ANgels are the "daughters" of God. The prophet didn't answer by : "Well Quran says differently!!" HE said: "Then who's their mum?"

Logic, logic.

Similarly you could have answered the original postee: "Well you have the freedom to do what your conscience and principles allow you to do, but I'd like you to remember that Dubai is a muslim city, regardless of all you hear about it, and that there will be a good deal of people who will frown upon you....etc.

Instead of: "Oh !! Sister !! You are corrupt!!! ..etc"

Just my two cents.

Beautifully said. But I have to say that I weigh some opinions of Choco cos she has lived in this gulf region for many yrs and she knows what she is talking about (i confirm with my experiences) and accept most of her claims. She can therefore voice her opinion about the conditions a western girl would face in gulf region. Just my 2 fils...

sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 12, 2006
Liban wrote:DUBAI ROCKS!!!!

U were drunk eh? (Astaghfurrulah) spelled that right eh?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 12, 2006
She can therefore voice her opinion about the conditions a western girl would face in gulf region. Just my 2 fils...

The girl in question said that she ran away from her muslim family. Hardly "western" in that sense I guess.

But sure, if some western girl/guy asks about relevant experiences in Dubai, then only westerners can answer in a manner that's useful.
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 13, 2006
Linda_Stuiv wrote:
She can therefore voice her opinion about the conditions a western girl would face in gulf region. Just my 2 fils...

The girl in question said that she ran away from her muslim family. Hardly "western" in that sense I guess.

But sure, if some western girl/guy asks about relevant experiences in Dubai, then only westerners can answer in a manner that's useful.

mY bad for some reason I thought I was replying to ur topic "disgruntled Dutch girl" :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 13, 2006
Fabros asked a simple question!!! i'm sure anybdy livin in dubai wud'nt find it difficult to answer..Instead u ppl r busy slingin abuses at each other.

fabros..nobody is gonna trouble ya here for bein tatooed or runnin away from ur family..as long as u hav stanle means of income n fulfil teh visa formalities.. Dubai is a place where u find all sorts of ppl..U find ppl followin a strict islamic way of life..n u also find ppl leadin a western lifestyle!! As long as u abide by teh rules u r on teh safer side.

A word of advice..We are all accountable to allah!! Do keep that in mind while takin decisions.
algren
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 14, 2006
algren wrote:
A word of advice..We are all accountable to allah!! Do keep that in mind while takin decisions.

Allah-u-Akbar!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 14, 2006
Yeah, okay, maybe I do go about it the wrong way!
My apologies ppl
but forgive me if I cant restrain myself :wink:
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums