Do Not Hurt Your Soul By Fasting

Topic locked
Do not hurt your soul by fasting Jul 16, 2011
When the mother of Shankara died, He became ready to do the rituals. Ignorant priests resisted that and He was not allowed to go to the burial ground because a saint should not perform the rituals. Therefore, He cremated His mother in the backyard of her home. When priests opposed it saying that it is inauspicious, Shankara replied that such rules of ignorant people succeed to exploit the other ignorant people and not to a scholar like Him, who knows the entire truth. Nivrutti is the subject of God and Pravrutti is the subject of this creation. As long as you do not hurt any other living being including yourself, God is not bothered about the rules of Pravrutti. By fasting, you hurt your own soul and the Gita criticizes it (karshayantah…). Your self is also one of the souls in the universe. According to medical science, on the day of fast, the digestive system starts digesting the remains of excretory matter left over in the rectum, which means that the fasting person eats his own excretion on that day leaving the pure food from outside. This point is stated in a book ‘Vemana Shatakam’, written by the famous saint Yogi Vemana.

dattaswami
BANNED

Re: Do not hurt your soul by fasting Jul 17, 2011
I don't think that any muslim will take you seriously here with your flooding offtops and threads. There's no Krishna, Jesus nor Muhammad here. So my advice, save your time and instead use it to look for human gods somewhere else. I think my muslims brothers would join to my opinion.
Shuhrat
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Do not hurt your soul by fasting Jul 17, 2011
Shuhrat wrote:I don't think that any muslim will take you seriously here with your flooding offtops and threads. There's no Krishna, Jesus nor Muhammad here. So my advice, save your time and instead use it to look for human gods somewhere else. I think my muslims brothers would join to my opinion.

You need not worry about others, you should first worry about yourself and ways and means to please Allah by practical service to Him when He comes to this world in human form.
dattaswami
BANNED

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums