U.S. Media Providing Distorted View Of Mideast Conflict

Topic locked
Aug 26, 2006
Again, Freza, please re-read your posts and really think if you are writing like a teenager, or a grown adult.

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 26, 2006
sniper420 wrote:The article was so right especially the ending paragraph......... ppl are really afraid of speaking anything anti-Isreal cos of their career. I am amazed to see the support Isreali community has here in Canada and US. No I reiterate no country spreads propaganda like "Isreal and Canada together" and "Show support for Isreal" sign boards outside. I dont want my tax money going to buy bombs and killing ppl at the same time I want freedom of speech here and openly criticize Isreal.

That exactly what I'm referring to - the huge double standard that the US media operates with where anything anti-Israeli is considered taboo and not worthy of mention and where true Leftist views are not only not represented but belittled and ignored. Where has the balance gone from an institution that should be fair and factual?
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 26, 2006
kanelli wrote:Again, Freza, please re-read your posts and really think if you are writing like a teenager, or a grown adult.

a little alien just accused me of being patronising...but I'm sure it wasn't you, I mean, c'mon, that wouldn't make any sense after the extremely patronising thingy you just wrote above :D

kanelli, if you want to lecture me, please pm me instead. I would hate to be accused of thread hijacking just cuz you're having a bad day and need to take it out on someone...
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 26, 2006
You keep digging yourself in deeper with each post.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 26, 2006
:brilsmurf:
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 26, 2006
Poof! Freza got so uptight she morphed into a Smurf! Cool!

Kanelli is right when she says that no-one criticises Arab media, many of the media resources are a joke. Take the UAE for example, many of the daily papers are not allowed to write negative things about the country, they always have to portray it in a good light. What good is that to anyone, when all you're doing is pulling the wool over people eyes to keep them from reality.

I'd also have to say that many media here were very biased with regard to the whole Lebanon situation.

It cuts both ways - as always.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 26, 2006
I have to agree... You'll always find it difficult to read or see a completely unbiassed report. It's up to the individual to research and listen to others opinions and ideas to make an intelligent judgement on the situation. And even then, nobody will know the entire truth behind any governments intentions.

I generally find people's personal experiences far more interesting, informative and eye opening than anything I watch on TV, whether in the West or the Middle East.
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 26, 2006
I have to agree... You'll always find it difficult to read or see a completely unbiassed report. It's up to the individual to research and listen to others opinions and ideas to make an intelligent judgement on the situation. And even then, nobody will know the entire truth behind any governments intentions.

I generally find people's personal experiences far more interesting, informative and eye opening than anything I watch on TV, whether in the West or the Middle East.
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 27, 2006
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:I have to agree... You'll always find it difficult to read or see a completely unbiassed report. It's up to the individual to research and listen to others opinions and ideas to make an intelligent judgement on the situation. And even then, nobody will know the entire truth behind any governments intentions.

yes we agree yes we agree dont double post
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2006
freza wrote:
Do you really like my sig? I believe what it states to some degree, do you? :) )

yeh Freza, i love it
"chick power !" 8)
poppy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums