Israelis Release Nasrallah

Topic locked
Israelis release Nasrallah Aug 24, 2006
Thought the title would catch your eye! :)

It's true - but it's not the Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah, but a 60 year old shopkeeper that the Israelis 'captured' in a 'daring' commando raid in Baalbeck 3 weeks ago. Civilians were killed in the incident and at the time the Israelis said they'd captured 5 Hizbollah soldiers.

Soon after the BBC went there and interviewed people - eventually finding a family member who had details of who had been captured - the 60 year old shopkeeper who shared the name of the Sheikh and 4 other members of his family. A young boy was also there at the time, but he was considered not a potential terrorist and set free - he was visibly traumatised (the report was on Newsnight).

I haven't heard much about the news that the Israelis releasing these guys on the media, and it was mentioned in a small segment on yesterday's Newsnight (which also has a good interview of the 2 guys who were kicked off the Malaga flight - very interesting... but I digress.. www.bbc.co.uk\newsnight and you can see the episode and also clips of specific interviews)

If it wasn't for the fact that the IDF commandos killed people in the attack, the whole mix-up would be funny
(Can you picture it -
'we're going in to get Hassan Nasrallah....
knock, knock...
Are you Hassan Nasrallah? ... '
Yes' ...
'you're nicked my son' ...
'..But sarge, he hasn't got a long beard and glasses... and he looks old...'
' don't worry Hymee... these are sophisticated enemies..')

Sorry, I'm in a bit of mood today.. :)

Anyway, here's the only write up I could find after a quick search...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1103AP_Mideast_Mistaken_Identity.html

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 24, 2006
HEHE naughty U! sahf! u lured me into reading this!
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums