Hizbollah - Winning The Hearts And Minds

Topic locked
Hizbollah - winning the hearts and minds Aug 28, 2006
I know it's been widely reported that Hizbollah is not just a military organisation but has political, engineering, educational, health etc arms, but I thought I'd link to an article in the Financial Times giving some interesting insights into the reconstruction efforts of Hizbollah.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/5755302c-3611-11db-b249-0000779e2340.html

It's hard to reconcile the work of this organisation with the characterisation that of the US, Israel (and Canada?) that this is a terrorist organisation. The EU (and UN?) have resolutely refused to label them as such.

Hizbollah are very organised and effective and Sheikh Nasrallah seems to be a natural leader. Yesterday he said that they would not have captured the soldiers had they known of Israel's disproportionate reaction. In my view Hizbollah and Nasrallah have clearly won the PR war and have gained the most from the conflict.

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 28, 2006
Yup, exactly, Hezbollah did indeed win the hearts and minds of many people. I just hope they become stronger and don't stray far from their philosophies.

The picture that many paint of them is far from accurate. But of course, if a country wants to launch an illegal war, it has to find an excuse to present to the international community. Calling Hezbollah terrorists and claiming that they pose a threat to Israel's existence is just that; excuses, lies...
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 28, 2006
Yes Hizbollah is a terrorist organization and Israel is the oasis of democracy in the Middle East. Thats exactly how it is.

Thanks for the article shafique they certainly stole my heart and mind :oops:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2006
I want to add that they have given alot of Muslims reasons to start educating themselves about Shia Islam rather than just go along with the common ignorance and misconceptions that have been propogated throughout the years.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Hizbollah - winning the hearts and minds Aug 28, 2006
shafique wrote:I know it's been widely reported that Hizbollah is not just a military organisation but has political, engineering, educational, health etc arms, but I thought I'd link to an article in the Financial Times giving some interesting insights into the reconstruction efforts of Hizbollah.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/5755302c-3611-11db-b249-0000779e2340.html

It's hard to reconcile the work of this organisation with the characterisation that of the US, Israel (and Canada?) that this is a terrorist organisation. The EU (and UN?) have resolutely refused to label them as such.

Hizbollah are very organised and effective and Sheikh Nasrallah seems to be a natural leader. Yesterday he said that they would not have captured the soldiers had they known of Israel's disproportionate reaction. In my view Hizbollah and Nasrallah have clearly won the PR war and have gained the most from the conflict.

Cheers,
Shafique

well i admire Nasarallah is man of his word but by accepting apology he made fool of himself........he knew teh extent isreal was bombing yet he dragged on the war by bombing isreal and provoking isreal more and giving more resons to kill.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums