"Corporate Paedophillia"

Topic locked
"Corporate Paedophillia" Oct 11, 2007
Interesting comment/article:
http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/cat ... okers.html

Quote:
There must be something about autumn. In the past few weeks, not only has Playboy opened up a flagship store on London's Oxford Street, but Cardiff Council has announced its latest wheeze to encourage family fitness - pole dancing classes for 11 year olds. I know the government has been calling for more vocational courses for Britain's youngsters, but surely this is taking things a bit too far?

It's time we stopped sending out such mixed messages, protecting our children on the one hand and sexualising them on the other. Pole dancing is not just innocent fun and a good way to keep fit; it's an integral part of the sex industry and it has no place in our children's lives. The Playboy bunny is not just a fluffy designer logo; it is the no 1 icon of the p<3n industry. Children of eight and nine may be completely oblivious to this, but their parents aren't - and, more importantly, neither are sexual predators.

I have to say, I agree with the writer's sentiments.

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: "Corporate Paedophillia" Oct 13, 2007
shafique wrote:The Playboy bunny is not just a fluffy designer logo; it is the no 1 icon of the p<3n industry.

Ahhh, the power of perception. From a business perspective 8), if you actually look at what Playboy put their name to (apart from the magazine) it's pretty tame stuff, a brand that everyone has heard of but is actually exceptionally weak in what it does.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: "Corporate Paedophillia" Oct 13, 2007
scot1870 wrote:
shafique wrote:The Playboy bunny is not just a fluffy designer logo; it is the no 1 icon of the p<3n industry.

Ahhh, the power of perception. From a business perspective 8), if you actually look at what Playboy put their name to (apart from the magazine) it's pretty tame stuff, a brand that everyone has heard of but is actually exceptionally weak in what it does.

I agree with the quote.

Playboy may be 'tame' in terms of p<3n nowadays - but it is still a company based on p<3n, and therefore a symbol of the p<3n industry.

The fact that naked women is considered tame is part of the problem - but we have debated this ad nauseum before on this forum :)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums