Clarification On The Posting The Images Of Islamic Prophets

Topic locked
Clarification on the posting the images of Islamic Prophets Jun 16, 2010
So, we all know that the posting of Muhammad will not be tolerated on this forum - no argument there, as I respect Muslim values or something.

But I was wondering if this covers the Muslim prophet, Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (PBUH).

Now Muslims, what do you think ?

Should posting MGA (PBUH) be allowed or prohibited because he was a Muslim prophet (or be prohibited because children might venture on to this forum)?

I need to know if he is considered a genuine, bonafide Muslim prophet, or if he was just a charlatan and kook masquerading as a prophet.

Which is it, prophet or charlatan?

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Clarification On The Posting The Images Of Islamic Proph Jun 16, 2010
Shia have no issue with images of the Holy Prophet, pbuh - as well as portraits of their Imams. I've actually linked to portraits of the Prophet Muhammad, pbuh, that were on Shia web sites (FD asked this question a while back). ;)

BTW - good luck on the 'I'm siding with Muslims' arguments - let me know how it progresses. :)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Shia never show any images of Muhammad and Imams in Iran, in many movies and TV series have been made in Iran, u never see a face of any of them. As I searched, it is not forbidden to show or draw pictures of them as long as it is not insultive, but as no picture can show their GLORY,u should better not show any pictures of them.

Just one image of Muhammad I have seen in Iran, they say some artist has drawn this, in one of Muhammad's trips when he was 18:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Wiki has quite a few images of Muhammad, pbuh, from historical sources and a good write up of the various schools of thought about showing images.

Here's one, for example:
Journey of the Prophet Muhammad; leaf from a copy of the Majmac al-tawarikh (Compendium of Histories), ca. 1425; Timurid. Herat, Afghanistan. In The Metropolitan Museum of Art.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depictions_of_Muhammad

I'll see if I can find the modern Shia poster of Muhammad, pbuh, which I posted before.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Clarification on the posting the images of Islamic Proph Jun 16, 2010
Here's the link I referred to earlier and an example from the site:

http://www.hf.uib.no/i/religion/popular ... hib02.html
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Clarification on the posting the images of Islamic Proph Jun 17, 2010
Thanks, but I wanted to know the Muslim perspective on this issue.

Prophet or charlatan?

Berrin? Rudeboy?

Where you guys at?
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Clarification on the posting the images of Islamic Proph Jun 17, 2010
^ c'mon guys, the boy is practically begging for someone to take his bait. Help a young lad out willya! :)

(Psst - you can ask the lad whether he believes Muhammad, pbuh, is a true prophet of God or a charlatan... but don't hold your breath for an answer!) :alien:
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums