Children Or No Children

Topic locked
children or no children Jun 11, 2006
some women build their lives around them. for them kids r the biggest mission, accomplishment, joy, etc.
and some don t want to have them. it could be for various reasons, career, vanity or just the fact that since they never feel that maternal instinct, they don t give in to the expectations of the family or society.

im curious about what both the guys and girls of this forum think of these women.

raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 11, 2006
I think that some women feel the pressure to have children because they are married and "everyone else is doing it." What is most important is that the couple or mother is ready to live up to the responsibilities of having a child. I hate when I see mothers having kids and not handling them properly because they weren't ready. (I am talking about planned children..not unplanned, and we won't get into abortion here) I think when a couple is ready to have a child they will know it. It is the natural instincts that come through. No need to rush just to suit everyone else! Better to delay it a few years and raise them well than rush into it and be completely clueless. That is my take. :lol: In terms of career I think it depends on the woman. Some women never get that mother instinct and are focused on their career so much that a child doesn't fit into the scene. In that case I think it is better not to have a child if you are not going to be there to raise it.
leelola
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 12, 2006
Have you read Sport Extra, Gulf News, June 9 2006? (Page 70) I am so proud of her!

It takes extra effort. Plus I am working full time, doing MBA, focusing on career, and volunteering. You can do it too! :)
Larissa20
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 12, 2006
DaveDXB wrote:personaliy, i dont give a $het. Not for them, or the lezbian, or the any of the crazy ppl out there....as long as they dont bother me.

plus i noticed babies are 90% usually unplanned! like me lol

its all because daddy cudnt afford a 2 dirham rubber! that lazy bum.

DaveDXB what an eloquent response. :roll:
leelola
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: children or no children Jun 12, 2006
raidah wrote:some women build their lives around them. for them kids r the biggest mission, accomplishment, joy, etc.
and some don t want to have them. it could be for various reasons, career, vanity or just the fact that since they never feel that maternal instinct, they don t give in to the expectations of the family or society.

im curious about what both the guys and girls of this forum think of these women.

A wee bit Hiya!! :lol: My philosophy is you don't miss what you don't have. After having kids I would never go back to not having kids, but you have no idea how having children changes your life-children bring life into a whole new perspective-nothing is more important nor more precious than your own children.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 12, 2006
DaveDXB wrote:plus i noticed babies are 90% usually unplanned! like me lol

its all because daddy cudnt afford a 2 dirham rubber! that lazy bum.

Thats a nice way to show respect to the ppl that brought u into this world Dave.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: children or no children Jun 12, 2006
GAB wrote:A wee bit Hiya!! :lol:

Looks like even the powers of the DFM are not strong enough to contain the HE... raidah is the latest victim of this sad phenomenon.
GAB wrote:nothing is more important nor more precious than your own children.

Try convicing Arnie - mr bear fetish.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2006
Larissa20 wrote:Have you read Sport Extra, Gulf News, June 9 2006? (Page 70) I am so proud of her!

It takes extra effort. Plus I am working full time, doing MBA, focusing on career, and volunteering. You can do it too! :)

Ahem..... a link woud b better Lar.....hey miss larissa r u the same Lar issa who had an Ukraine freind married to a national guy who troubled her....what happened to her? Just curious like my cat.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2006
Sniper420 wrote:Ahem..... a link woud b better Lar.....hey miss larissa r u the same Lar issa who had an Ukraine freind married to a national guy who troubled her....what happened to her? Just curious like my cat.
Thank you Sniper420! Sorry, there is no link (no web availible). As for Ukrainian friend, I don't know, her husband does not allow any "russian female" communicate her. Local community for woman rights is trying to help her. That is all I know. :cry:
Larissa20
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: children or no children Jun 13, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
GAB wrote:A wee bit Hiya!! :lol:

Looks like even the powers of the DFM are not strong enough to contain the HE... raidah is the latest victim of this sad phenomenon.
GAB wrote:nothing is more important nor more precious than your own children.

Try convicing Arnie - mr bear fetish.

Some people have a fetish for bears and some just have a penchant for takeaway from BK!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Poor hubby Jun 13, 2006
GAB wrote nothing is more important nor more precious than your own children

GABs bet your hubby will go into remourse over that quote[/quote]
uaeaussie
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Poor hubby Jun 13, 2006
uaeaussie wrote:GAB wrote nothing is more important nor more precious than your own children

GABs bet your hubby will go into remourse over that quote
[/quote]

If you have children you will understand and if you are married like wise. Some people put their spouses first in a marriage and kids second. I wouldn't have kids without my husband and he knows how much I love him-not only that he is my best friend-we adore our children and their needs always come before ours. Having children and caring for them should be selfless not self-indulgent.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

GAB wrote:Some people have a fetish for bears and some just have a penchant for takeaway from BK!! :lol:

BK, not your average family restaurant - would you like fries with that?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

XRW-147 wrote:
GAB wrote:Some people have a fetish for bears and some just have a penchant for takeaway from BK!! :lol:

BK, not your average family restaurant - would you like fries with that?

don t tell me, u run a business of fries :P
raidah

Re: Poor hubby Jun 13, 2006
GAB wrote:
If you have children you will understand and if you are married like wise. Some people put their spouses first in a marriage and kids second. I wouldn't have kids without my husband and he knows how much I love him-not only that he is my best friend-we adore our children and their needs always come before ours. Having children and caring for them should be selfless not self-indulgent.

My sweet old aunty :)

I thought you give more importance to your Dog than your kids and hubby :roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

raidah wrote:don t tell me, u run a business of fries :P

I'm more of a hot dog vendor, apparently.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: children or no children Jun 15, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:

:lol: People think you are the sausage man. :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: children or no children Jun 15, 2006
GAB wrote:
XRW-147 wrote:

:lol: People think you are the sausage man. :lol:

good point there :lol: :lol:
just one little detail i don t get.... :roll:
nahhh, better not say anything :D
raidah

Jun 15, 2006
was that a freudian slip or did you just drop a stitch gab??
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 15, 2006
Larissa20 wrote:
Sniper420 wrote:Ahem..... a link woud b better Lar.....hey miss larissa r u the same Lar issa who had an Ukraine freind married to a national guy who troubled her....what happened to her? Just curious like my cat.
Thank you Sniper420! Sorry, there is no link (no web availible). As for Ukrainian friend, I don't know, her husband does not allow any "russian female" communicate her. Local community for woman rights is trying to help her. That is all I know. :cry:

Well I bet her husband does go out with the family sometime......if this is the case u can ask her to meet like in ladies washroom and exchange info or pay a butler so one can relay messages...Well if he doesnt love her then why the hell doesnt he leave her?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 16, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:was that a freudian slip or did you just drop a stitch gab??

Gee, I was expecting a sarky comeback from X!! Bitterly disappointed!! :cry: :lol: I don't know what you think I am knitting dbxsoul but it will be a decent car cover for a porsche when I'm finished. :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 16, 2006
but it seems to be such a small porsche cover gabs .....???
you know what they have to say about size and preference of cars ...
maybe the opposite is applicable here .... small car ... larger .... well you know what :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 17, 2006
EDITED: Post removed, not helpful :wink:
Mr Burj-Al-American Idiot
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 19, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:but it seems to be such a small porsche cover gabs .....???
you know what they have to say about size and preference of cars ...
maybe the opposite is applicable here .... small car ... larger .... well you know what :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am disappointed that the Idiot's post was removed-was it good?? :?
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 07, 2006
sniper420 wrote:Well I bet her husband does go out with the family sometime......if this is the case u can ask her to meet like in ladies washroom and exchange info or pay a butler so one can relay messages...Well if he doesnt love her then why the hell doesnt he leave her?
Some people enjoy by torturing others...
Larissa20
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 09, 2006
well raidah,
Kids are a big responsibility, they are not like pets !! They are a lifetime part-time job!! unlike a pet that u can abandon or give it away anytime !!
8)
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Jul 09, 2006
people abandon and give away there children all the time too
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 15, 2006
I just joined this forum and couldn't help but notice that in the rules it is stated that you should keep the posts on topic! :lol:

*chuckle*

anyway - i don't ever plan on having kids. my maternal instincts only seem to work when there is fur and purring involved. i may adopt an older kid one day but babies - no . not ever.
phunkhoney
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 16, 2006
i hate kids...they are so annoying....especially when i think about my childhood days when i was a big pain for my parents...its so scary to think that it might come back to me someday....grown up kids are okay...but those small devils....total No No
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 16, 2006
GAB wrote:Gee, I was expecting a sarky comeback from X!! Bitterly disappointed!! :cry: :lol: I don't know what you think I am knitting dbxsoul but it will be a decent car cover for a porsche when I'm finished. :lol:

So sorry to disappoint G!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums