Brazilian Footballer Granted UAE Citizenship

Topic locked
Brazilian footballer granted UAE citizenship Jun 02, 2007
UAE Given Brazilian Boost

United Arab Emirates chances of Asian Cup success were given a boost with the news that Brazilian midfielder Alexander Oliveira has been granted citizenship and can join the UAE squad for next month’s competition.

Link: http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=318245

So now the law has been changed?

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 02, 2007
Especially if you can score goals :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 02, 2007
Good to see citizenship isn't given to just anyone.

I mean, you need to qualify for valid reasons... like being good at sport.

Question: Is he a muslim?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 02, 2007
^ian^ wrote:Good to see citizenship isn't given to just anyone.

Ian sweetheart ,

Muslim is not someone who prays five times in a day and who cover the head with scarf. Or even someone who washes his asss wid water instead of tissue paper . Muslim is not someone who wear white coffin and having Audi .

Muslim is someone :

1= who take care of others human-beings
2= who doest lie
3= who doest break promise
4= who doesnt cheat in business
5= who thinks that he has to answerable to God after his or her death
6= ..................so many more ....i studied when i was student of 8th class

7= Last but not least someone who belives in God and Muhammad being a last prophet .

when u belive in God , u r bond to respect all those who were created by God , no matter if they r Australian cricket team players , Jewish or indians :lol:

you can not kill the people created by God and then think u ll be allocated a place in paradise .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 02, 2007
HP wrote:

Ian sweetheart ,

Muslim is not someone who prays five times in a day and who cover the head with scarf. Or even someone who washes his asss wid water instead of tissue paper . Muslim is not someone who wear white coffin and having Audi .

Muslim is someone :

2= who doest lie

7= Last but not least someone who belives in God and Muhammad being a last prophet .

when u belive in God , u r bond to respect all those who were created by God , no matter if they r Australian cricket team players , Jewish or indians :lol:

you can not kill the people created by God and then think u ll be allocated a place in paradise .

Of course, you also do have to pray five times a day, along with all of the above. But the points you mentioned are ignored by many "Muslims".
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 02, 2007
i am gonna waste 5 more minutes here .

Most of the muslims dont even know what is the prupose of 5 times Prayers. The summary of paryers is

" God save me from bad things and help to to be a pious poerson".

when u offer first pary and promise to be good and pious .Now u get some interval and after some hours u go back to pray. If u do something bad during that interval , u must be feeling shame when u pray next time. "Oh i did that wrong and now i am asking or promising again being a nice person".

This is a process , which makes u a nice and example person .
But see when there is talk about corruption and cheating , we are NO 1 :roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 02, 2007
I'm not the mod here, but I guess you guys are out of topic.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 03, 2007
HP wrote:

Ian sweetheart ,

Yes HP... er dear... I know what a muslim is. I would also believe it would be a requirement for UAE citizenship.

Either that... or being good at football.
^ian^

Jun 03, 2007
HP wrote:

Ian sweetheart ,

Muslim is someone :

2= who doest lie

Must be a "slow post" day or week or something as HP is now sounding like Shafique.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 03, 2007
So what's the guy's name? Sheikh Dunga bin Flamengo Al Amazoni?
cactus_rock
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 03, 2007
cactus_rock wrote:So what's the guy's name? Sheikh Dunga bin Flamengo Al Amazoni?

:lol: :lol:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2007
Cra6p football team? - easy to fix!

Just give out some passports to the brazillians!
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jun 04, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:Cra6p football team? - easy to fix!

Just give out some passports to the brazillians!

And that must be real inspiring for the upcoming players knowing that their chances just became a little less tangible, with the UAE now trading citizenship for glory.
^ian^

Jun 04, 2007
I play such a good cricket , why do Australian not give me the nationality , so i can play as opener in their cricket team :oops:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 04, 2007
Wow... now this? So when will they grant citizenship to the world's tallest man? the oldest? the one with most cars?
Where's Sheikh Woods and Sheikh Bekham?
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 04, 2007
HP wrote:I play such a good cricket , why do Australian not give me the nationality , so i can play as opener in their cricket team :oops:

Sadly, in the past Aussie cricket has traded citizenship for a berth in the team, although this has only happened on limited occasions with talented South Africans who couldn't play on the national level due to Apartheid boycotts.

But in general, the practise is nothing new. Many countries have done it.

It's just with there being a certain impossibility of an expat becoming a UAE citizen, it is certainly and eye-opener that someone gets citizenship for being good at football, whilst people who perhaps uphold the values of the UAE more have no chance.

That is of course unless football is more valuable in the UAE, perhaps more valuable than Islam itself?
^ian^

Jun 04, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
That is of course unless football is more valuable in the UAE, perhaps more valuable than Islam itself?

Lets take example of Cricket. How many players represent Indian Cricket Team? 11 and whats the population of India ? Billion ......or so?

It means these 11 people r not just ordinary people like us. They have some special skills , which we dont have .

So these people r exempt from lot of rules :=). Its not the matter of religion but its the matter of game and it is the matter of getting someone who can present u better in the world .

Have u seen during world cup cricket , Australian Opner and South Afrcian Gibs were given nationality of Carribian (or one island). How hard it culd be for someone like u and me to get it? Because they know it ll increase the value of country :P

Once Arnold travelled to Japan without passport and Judge let him to come in country and when the news papers inquired then Judge said" my daughter and wife culd smash my head if i didnt let him come in country" :lol:

Osma bin laden is the only celeberity , no one like to have him in his own country :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 04, 2007
sage and Onion is also celeberity of Dubai forum . Concord wish to be like him . I heard concord is collecting material to write book about him :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums