Who Is Going For Robbie Williams?

Topic locked
who is going for robbie williams? Apr 17, 2006
hello all
just bought me tickets for RW...anyone else from here going?...fayz/ liban/intimacy/kanelli/xrw?...btw...if anyone wants to buy tickets for RW...media city, the CNN bldg has a ticket outlet which has a stack of tickets for the various prices still available and you dont even have to cue up or anything...
cheers
me

constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 17, 2006
Actually I am trying to get the cost of J-Lo tickets... More for my better half then myself... As a surprise.

Dunno how to go around doing that tho :(
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 17, 2006
Yep I'm going to Robbie. Virgin have tickets now as well.

Liban, J-Lo tickets are as follows:

Regular standing - 155Dhs

Front pit standing - 295Dhs

Flank grandstand, seated - 355

Centre grandstand seated - 495

The cage has sold out.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 17, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Yep I'm going to Robbie. Virgin have tickets now as well.

Liban, J-Lo tickets are as follows:

Regular standing - 155Dhs

Front pit standing - 295Dhs

Flank grandstand, seated - 355

Centre grandstand seated - 495

The cage has sold out.

Thanks Choco...

I just got off the phone with a nice lady from Mirage (?) Productions... She told me the same thing.

Now, do you have an in Choco for pricing??? :D
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 17, 2006
No but I've already got my tickets - for free! Well I am promoting the event after all.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 17, 2006
hey choc
would you by any chance know how many people expected to attend the RW show...wondering if its going to be a nightmare to get to the drinks... :lol: ...hate it when ya have to cue up and the best song comes on...oh well...
constantine

Apr 17, 2006
Do you know what! I can never understand people going to a gig and worrying about drinks. I never buy a drink at a gig - ever!

25,000 for goodness sake get there early early early! Nad Al Sheba, one road in, one road out, if you don't want to be sitting in traffic for hours then give yourself plenty of time.

When will people in this country learn thay they cannot expect to get from their house to insde the venue in half an hour for the start time - you'd never do it anywhere else - why here!

GO EARLY!!!!! CAR POOL!!!!! USE ONE OF THE SHUTTLE BUSES!!!!! SHARE A CAB!!!!! BETTER STILL GET A LOAD OF MATES AND BOOK ALIMO, THEN HE'LL HANG AROUND FOR YOU AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO WAIT!!!!!

GRRRRRRR!!! As you can see it's one topic that really annoys the hell out of me!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 17, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Do you know what! I can never understand people going to a gig and worrying about drinks. I never buy a drink at a gig - ever!

25,000 for goodness sake get there early early early! Nad Al Sheba, one road in, one road out, if you don't want to be sitting in traffic for hours then give yourself plenty of time.

When will people in this country learn thay they cannot expect to get from their house to insde the venue in half an hour for the start time - you'd never do it anywhere else - why here!

GO EARLY!!!!! CAR POOL!!!!! USE ONE OF THE SHUTTLE BUSES!!!!! SHARE A CAB!!!!! BETTER STILL GET A LOAD OF MATES AND BOOK ALIMO, THEN HE'LL HANG AROUND FOR YOU AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO WAIT!!!!!

GRRRRRRR!!! As you can see it's one topic that really annoys the hell out of me!

thats coz you're promoting the gig arnt ya...cant have you drinking on the job can we...for those that are there to get pished...its a valid question aint it :lol: ...i hate getting intereupted while having a few at the local...and then going to concert and not having any...though will go there early...afternoonish at a pub then onwards to robbie :lol:
constantine

Apr 17, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Do you know what! I can never understand people going to a gig and worrying about drinks. I never buy a drink at a gig - ever!

Alternative transport methods:

Arrive by space hopper... bouncing down the highway...
or use a motorbike: Then it does only take 30 minutes from anywhere!
Personally, I shall use the Force and an old Jedi mind trick to get a helicopter pilot to just drop me off at the gig!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: who is going for robbie williams? Apr 17, 2006
constantine wrote:hello all
just bought me tickets for RW...anyone else from here going?...fayz/ ?...btw...if anyone wants to buy tickets for RW...media city, ...
cheers
me

Sorry man, not a fan, in the slightest we'll hook up another time though :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Re: who is going for robbie williams? Apr 19, 2006
fayz wrote:
constantine wrote:hello all
just bought me tickets for RW...anyone else from here going?...fayz/ ?...btw...if anyone wants to buy tickets for RW...media city, ...
cheers
me

Sorry man, not a fan, in the slightest we'll hook up another time though :)

yeah u r the fan of that Lily children pop guy.......Lily Fayz...... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 20, 2006
I am not a fan either and was happy the tickets sold out, coz i knew my friends would drag me. but guess what they called virgin today (i.e the day before the gig) and they have tickets in virgin.

i love the hype they made tickets sold out and shit hehe ..

oh well, i hope its worth it.

the real gig i am looking forward to is tonight .. PVD !!!

have a fab weekend everyone
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 21, 2006
MaaaD wrote:I am not a fan either and was happy the tickets sold out, coz i knew my friends would drag me. but guess what they called virgin today (i.e the day before the gig) and they have tickets in virgin.

i love the hype they made tickets sold out and shit hehe ..

oh well, i hope its worth it.

the real gig i am looking forward to is tonight .. PVD !!!

have a fab weekend everyone

I was there! Freaking amazing!!! I even met DJ MadJam! The resident DJ @ Peppermint :D
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 22, 2006
Are you kidding me! PVD, played a really weird mixed set was really disappointed, he should have stuck to trance!

Robbie on the other hand - OMG! He was amazing! Great show, the stage was massive.

He just turns it on when he gets out there - not bad for someone who suffers from chronic stage fright.

I loved it!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 22, 2006
choc
didnt have any probs parking...in fact we arrived there at 8:45
didnt have any cueing problems...
didnt have any probs getting out...
in fact we got in the front standing...sweettalked the security...
...goes to say...all the "hype" and "oh my gawd" we have to get there early aint always true...
good gig...wish he had played more...heard his gigs elsewhere have been really spectacular...
constantine

Apr 22, 2006
It was really well organised, I strategically parked for a quick getaway, was back on Shk Zayerd road 15 mins after the end.

It was very well done. Although security were a bit slack.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 22, 2006
thus me getting into the front standing so easily :lol: ...man the trek back to the food and drinks stalls was a real dampner...!!...but u know what...i am really taken in by dubai's concert organisation skills...all very good and very well organized...nice
constantine

Apr 24, 2006
Got to have been one of the best gigs in Dubai to date! Bloke's an entertainer down to his toes and worked the crowd perfectly. Shame he couldn't really say what he wanted to say as he had been warned about bad language and a few of the sensitive subjects beforehand.

No problem getting to the show, but spent about 3 hours digging and towing people out of the sand who stupidly tried to dodge around the leaving queues across the desert in the dark in 2 wheel drives! Plonkers Rodney!

Bring on Status Quo!!!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 24, 2006
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk