The Departed

Topic locked
The departed Oct 16, 2006
I watched the departed in the cinema today. It is excellent movie, must watch. Jack Nicholson is amazing actor, the movie has everything, it is violent, funny, sad, happy but very good movie. Did I say it was excellent movie, I will repeat again. Leonardo Di Caprio played very good role so do Matt Damon

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407887/

sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 17, 2006
Where did you watch this movie? Which theatre in dubai is this playing in?
ragga
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 17, 2006
read my friend read...

sara_uk

dale
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 17, 2006
Yeah heard a lot about this movie. Got great reviews in the US and is claimed to be the movie of the year...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 17, 2006
dale wrote:read my friend read...

sara_uk

sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 17, 2006
I love Jack Nicholson he is so good, anyone seen anger management? He was funny. He is very bad guy in departed but he make it so funny that you like the guy instead of hating him.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 17, 2006
sara_uk wrote:I love Jack Nicholson he is so good, anyone seen anger management? He was funny. He is very bad guy in departed but he make it so funny that you like the guy instead of hating him.

The Shining, As Good as it gets... the guy is a genius!
Nick81

Oct 17, 2006
actually this movie is based on "INFERNAL AFFAIRS"...the hong kong supermega hit...they made 3 of them in hk...and its been a cult movie there..so much so...that hollywood bought out the script for a cool million bucks...and voila...Mr Scorcese himself has directed it...kinda makes you wonder if hollywood has run out of ideas...maybe they should turn to bollywood for some good ol dancing seqs to spice things up...but yes cant wait to watch this movie...the actors are steller and the director what can i say...
constantine

Oct 17, 2006
sara_uk wrote:
dale wrote:read my friend read...

sara_uk

u r welcome! :)
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 18, 2006
movie aint out yet in the UAE ... was at city center today .. seen the poster sayin its comin out durin eid.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 20, 2006
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I will be lining up for that one then.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 20, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I will be lining up for that one then.

Yorky

You will miss the s e x seen if you watching it in dubai :wink:
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 24, 2006
I saw it last night and yes, the acting was very good. The storyline was good, but has been done before. The reason I won't give it two thumbs up was because it was definitely a guy flick. Full of harsh and s.e.x.u.a.l.l.y crude language, many people getting their brains blown out (fully graphic), and as usual in guy flicks - the women are around to fulfill the s.e.x quota - not major players in the film. I'm sure many people will love the film, but it just wasn't to my taste. (No, didn't know anything about it before I went to see it. :D )
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Oct 24, 2006
kanelli wrote:I saw it last night and yes, the acting was very good. The storyline was good, but has been done before. The reason I won't give it two thumbs up was because it was definitely a guy flick. Full of harsh and s.e.x.u.a.l.l.y crude language, many people getting their brains blown out (fully graphic), and as usual in guy flicks - the women are around to fulfill the s.e.x quota - not major players in the film. I'm sure many people will love the film, but it just wasn't to my taste. (No, didn't know anything about it before I went to see it. :D )

Jamal & Ish in the front row type of movie you mean with a little 175 thrown in. :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 25, 2006
I saw it last night .. great movie .. i thought the ending was a bit over the top kinda silly too.

I am impressed at leonardo di caprio's acting abilities in this movie .. this and catch me if you can are two good flicks for him ..

ofcourse jack nicholson and matt damon also do a great job, but thats nothing new :D
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 25, 2006
Maaad,

Saw it here or outside UAE (censorship of scenes, etc.)?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 25, 2006
Concord wrote:Maaad,

i watched it in San Diego away from the UAE Censor scissors !!
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 25, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
Concord wrote:Maaad,

i watched it in San Diego away from the UAE Censor scissors !!

I think I'll wait.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 25, 2006
kanelli wrote:I saw it last night and yes, the acting was very good. The storyline was good, but has been done before. The reason I won't give it two thumbs up was because it was definitely a guy flick. Full of harsh and s.e.x.u.a.l.l.y crude language, many people getting their brains blown out (fully graphic), and as usual in guy flicks - the women are around to fulfill the s.e.x quota - not major players in the film. I'm sure many people will love the film, but it just wasn't to my taste. (No, didn't know anything about it before I went to see it. :D )

Your review sold me, I’m going to see it tonight. :lol: :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 26, 2006
I heard they are already filming the sequel in the UAE. It's called the "Deported".
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 26, 2006
No ones talking about Mark wahlberg. I think he acted pretty well too even though he had a smaller role. What say all???
desert_thorn
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Oct 26, 2006
desert_thorn wrote:No ones talking about Mark wahlberg. I think he acted pretty well too even though he had a smaller role. What say all???

He was good but I wondered who is he? Because I have never seen him before and he played the part very well but my friend told me he is been around for a long time but never done good roles.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 26, 2006
sara_uk wrote:
desert_thorn wrote:No ones talking about Mark wahlberg. I think he acted pretty well too even though he had a smaller role. What say all???

He was good but I wondered who is he? Because I have never seen him before and he played the part very well but my friend told me he is been around for a long time but never done good roles.

You never saw him before?? Pretty decent actor! Granted he starred mostly in action movies but still...

Boogie Nights (!!!!)
Big Hit
The Yards
Planet of the Apes
Italian Job (sequel planned for 2008, Brazilian Job I think...)
Rockstar
The truth about Charlie
Four Brothers

etc etc...
Nick81

Oct 26, 2006
MaaaD wrote:I saw it last night .. great movie .. i thought the ending was a bit over the top kinda silly too.

I am impressed at leonardo di caprio's acting abilities in this movie .. this and catch me if you can are two good flicks for him ..

ofcourse jack nicholson and matt damon also do a great job, but thats nothing new :D

i agree ending was way over the top. Lenorado di caprio was amazing, he looked gorgeous too with rough look not just pretty face ( enough of drooling). I think he is very good actor but he has very bad choice in roles, catch me if you can was very good, also when he first started he had a movie, I can’t remember the name but he acted as learning difficulty child and he was excellent.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 26, 2006
Nick81 wrote:You never saw him before?? Pretty decent actor! Granted he starred mostly in action movies but still...

Boogie Nights (!!!!)
Big Hit
The Yards
Planet of the Apes
Italian Job (sequel planned for 2008, Brazilian Job I think...)
Rockstar
The truth about Charlie
Four Brothers

etc etc...

i never seen him before!!! i have not seen all the above too. As jamal make fun of me, I was in Saudi so never seen cinema before so iam hooked in it here.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 28, 2006
Just got back from seeing this. Great movie, loved it. Amazing casting of some really talented actors and a true Martin Scorsese movie, great plot, lots of surprises.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 28, 2006
sara...the movie : whats eating gilbert grape

Also, i saw the movie the other night with my brother. AMAZING

Jack Nicholson was spectacular as always as were the rest of the cast. I know Kanelli said it was more of a guy flick...but I absolutely loved it. I didnt think the violence of the movie was out of line, it seemed to fit perfectly. While I do agree with the others who said the ending was a bit...well, silly. Actually, come to think of it, I laughed. Especially at the elevator scene...I couldn't help it...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 29, 2006
Saw it last night and loved it, the ending did throw me as i didn't expect it which I always appreciate.

I'd recommend going to see it, it was well done.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 11, 2006
I saw the departed - good I thought. However, for a goons/cops movie they sure missed a lot of opportunities to shoot people and use profanity. I went in thinking I would see at least one shooting and a couple of "Fcuks" but nooooo. Bunch of wimps. More like a boy scout convention :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 11, 2006
Concord wrote:I saw the departed - good I thought. However, for a goons/cops movie they sure missed a lot of opportunities to shoot people and use profanity. I went in thinking I would see at least one shooting and a couple of "Fcuks" but nooooo. Bunch of wimps. More like a boy scout convention :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk