Good New Music Worth Checking Out

Topic locked
Good New Music Worth Checking Out Jun 28, 2006
I have been awaiting the release of the albums below for some time now, and here are my thoughts on them:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium:

When I had first bought this album and listened to it, it seemed quite disappointing, the Peppers looked like they were just using the same old formula for By the Way, except making a 28 song meal out of it. However, and since I have a daily commute from Abu Dhabi and back, I was able to give it time to sink in. And it dawned upon me, I had felt almost exactly the same when I had first heard By the Way. Once you give the album a chance and really listen to it, it will grow on you - radically. John Fruciante's input can be clearly noticed after a while, it is quite subtle, and if anyone is familiar with his solo efforts, they will know that his input gives a very nice paradox of dark hollow melodies and harmonies. But this is all on CD1, CD2 still seems shitty (however, I still havent listened to it properly)

Nassar's Verdict: Buy it, well worth your money

Nelly Furtado - Loose:

I have a thing for her, kinda like a high school crush, and I love her music. The new album is different. Very very different to her first two, which [orig two] seemed, musically at least, more innovative and multi-layered. She had a great producer in that Levine guy, and ditched him on this album for Timbaland (Missy Eliot co-producer, Justin Timberalke's producer, Aaliyah's producer) whose influence is not just felt, but is the Hallmark of this album. The album is, for the most part, straight pop albeit with a zing of Nelly's originality still present. This is not necessarily a bad thing though, I mean some of the hooks and choruses on those tracks are really great for a cheery drive home. The only saving grace for a puritan Nelly Furtado fan comes in the form of the last 2 tracks (12 and 13) which are on par with her greatest efforts; such as Turn off the Lights, My Love Grows Deeper Part 2 and Try.

Nassar's Verdict: Buy the album, if you're a hardcore fan, with an open mind

Tool - 10,000days

Brilliant, if you like Tool then this is definately one of their best efforts yet. Wings for Marie is a great great song. Definately the most innovative and original rock-ish band out there

Nassar's Verdict: Buy the album now!

Nassar
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk