Work For Plumbers

Topic locked
Work for plumbers Nov 15, 2007
I am 26 years old and I am currently living in Melbourne looking to move to dubai. Is there any work for plumbers and how do i go about finding it?

Dale26
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 15, 2007
Dale, I can definitly say that there is work for a skilled plumber in Dubai, most of the plumbers here I wouldn't trust to tape two straws together.

Finding a postion that pays you a decent salary though is another storey all together. At the moment the situation is that people are only prepared to pay peanuts, so they get monkeys doing the work.

There are one or two newish companies to have started up recently, employing only western trained electricians, plumbers and masons - they cater basically to the clientle that appreciate good workmanship and are prepared to pay for the skills. Off the top of my head though I can't come up with a name, but will do a bit of digging for you.

An alternative is to look to the construction industry, however (i'm generalising here) the industry has a reputation for fast and dirty - with a good veneer; this obvioulsy drops the standards of work and the people that they employ. As I said, generalisiation, so there are exceptions - its a matter of tracking them down!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 16, 2007
Mate that would be fantastic if you could get some names for me too start. I would really appreciate that. These job sites don't seem to be too crash hot and I don't really trust them. I would rather do the work myself.
Dale26
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai