Salary Expectations - Need Some Advice Please?

Topic locked
Salary Expectations - Need some advice please? Sep 10, 2007
I am applying for a position as a production manager within the furnishings industry in Dubai. It would involve managing approximately 50 staff.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are your salary expectations? What is your expected base salary assuming all standard expatriate benefits are provided (including accommodation, car, medical insurance and annual flights home)?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is a long term position.
I have tried to gather information from various job positions to make a fairly accurate salary expectation.

However, i have not come across any other job positions that would give me some idea as to what to aim for in terms of base salary.

Any ideas in US or AUD $$$??

Thanks.

Markco2 :)

markco2
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 10, 2007
hi, i am in a similar predicament, though i havent gotten the formal offer yet. i did a bit of research using the following:

1. getting the relative rates of the same position (and pay) compared to my home country (philippines). you may check www.payscale.com for this info. the job will not be exactly the same as your job description but im sure you can see which one is the nearest to your job.

2. get the information from friends in the same company who have knowledge of job grades and pay scales

3. ask around for the acceptable 'manager' wage based on people who have been in UAE long, im fortunate i found someone to give that info.

All told i was able to see that the pay range for the job i was looking at should be in the range of 4000-5000 USD based on those three information. so hopefully i'll get the higher end of the range when i meet with my potential new employers next week.

i hope this helps you.
studstar
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 10, 2007
Thanks Studstar.

Hopefully it will help.

Much appreciated.

Cheers markco2
markco2
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai