Internship In Dubai

Topic locked
Internship in Dubai Mar 26, 2012
Hi, I'm a student at HELP University College, Malaysia, persuing my degree in Business Psychology. I am in my second year and am looking for an internship in Dubai in the HR department. I'd like to intern in a company from 17th July to begining September if possible. I have been looking at intership programs but haven't found any yet. Please advice. :D

beans14
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Internship In Dubai Mar 26, 2012
Quite simply because they do not exist here. All employees with companies require a work visa and labour card, insurance etc etc.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

If the student already has permission to reside in Dubai through parents etc., there isn't anything stopping the student from approaching a company and asking them to consider an unpaid internship. That wouldn't be breaking any rules.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli ,

My parents are actually residing in Dubai at the moment, and I finished my high school education in Dubai, which is why I'm looking at internships there. So I can apply with any company? There're no restrictions regarding international students?
beans14
Dubai Forum Guest

I don't think many companies in Dubai offer internships. If you have permission to reside in Dubai there is nothing stopping you from contacting companies yourself and proposing an internship. It most likely will be unpaid, but you can ask for some perks perhaps. If there is a requirement from your school for a report from your boss, you will have to ask the company to provide that for you as your condition of doing an internship with them. Good luck! I hope you find a company that is receptive to an intern, because it really is great work experience for students. More companies should take on interns, especially if they are keen to develop talent they can hire onto staff upon graduation.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Thanks kanelli!!
Yup I do hope I get an internship there, plus it would be great to have international experience in my CV. :)
Looks like I have to start asking now.
beans14
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Internship In Dubai Mar 27, 2012
Yes, you need to target some companies you'd like to work for because of industry, or whatever aspect most interests you. Then you have to prepare a list of your skills and what you can offer and a little pitch for why an internship would benefit the company. They don't really care that it benefits you, want to know what's in it for them. :) Then of course you have to tell them whatever your school needs for proof of internship - report, grading etc. Does your family have any contacts at interesting companies? It would help you get in to see someone.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Internship In Dubai Oct 07, 2013
Interns & Fresh graduates will be able to find job in dubai via the online portal.
skillmillscom
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Feb 12, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am offering my services for the job Computer Operator & Account Assistant in your company.I have 14 months experince in Systemsltd company and 08 months Graphisc Designing work I know Very Well Manual & Computerize Accounting Software.

Thank You.

Regards:
mohsin khan
MohsinKhan
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai